Tank (Francesa) is the voice of reason - 2018 Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jets-N-Terps, Sep 21, 2018.

1. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Alternatively if Bowles had better talent we'd be 3-0 right now. We aren't the 2016 Jaguars, a good team with Gus Bradley at coach. Bowles and the talent suck.

JetsNation06 likes this.
  2. HomeoftheJets

Sam is talented. I hope we don't ruin him.
    Enunwa should be a #3 receiver, but he's our #1. At least he'd start on most teams. Also he's an Idzik pick.
    Adams is talented but we'll see how good he becomes.
    Maye is kind of talented, again we'll see.
    Williams is the only player on our team who's ever made a Pro Bowl. Not a good look for our team.
    Nobody outside of Jets fans has heard of Avery W, except for fans of whichever team he used to play for. I'll bet most Jets fans don't know which team that is.
    The punter? Are you kidding me?
    Anderson has talent at fumbling.
    Kearse is a borderline starter on most teams.
    Powell is an okay running back. Not exactly Curtis Martin. And picked by Tanny.
    Crowell? Are you shitting me?
    D Lee is a bust if you've been reading TGG.

But I agree the HC and CS are trash.

#42 HomeoftheJets, Sep 22, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2018
  3. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

Renamed thread So we'll keep all Francrapula stuff here...

4. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

You are right there. Not in a million years would have guessed that

5. Stevied

Stevied Well-Known Member

Francesca, like Manish, is not what you want but what you need!

6. Stevied

And let’s be honest..he was 100000% right abut Rex

7. Longsuffering88

Longsuffering88 Well-Known Member

This is must listen

The most important, truthful, and obvious part was the Bowles portion

Should be required listening before anyone can post again

8. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

The problem is, if the HC is a moron [that Todd Bowles is] then it doesn't matter who Mac picks. They will almost always bust after round 1.

If you don't believe me, tell me if you can name ONE player Bowles coached up. ONE. I can give you, at minimum, Mo Wilkerson who turned lazy after Bowles tagged along. [And he was pretty good under Rex too.]

Last, but not the least: Mac has no control over players doing dumb shit on the field and get flagged. That's Bowles' job. And he's not good at it. See if the point gets through your thick skull.

Ralebird, ColoradoContrails and LAJet like this.
  9. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

We will NEVER win anything with Todd Toilet Bowles as our HC... N E V E R NEVER NEVER NEVER !!!

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  10. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

I don’t know. If the Jets have good offensive talent, who has bad offensive talent? Who do we compare favorably against? Honestly asking here because even as a Jets fan I feel like our personel is weak. There’s no player on either side of the ball that any other coach/team is losing sleep over.

Take away Enunwa and what’s left?
    Marginalize our blitzing and who steps up to make a play?

Coaches are there to get the most out of the available talent and that’s not happening either. It’d be one thing if they were playing mistake free football and coming up short, but there dropping passes, blocking nobody, putting the ball on the ground, and shooting themselves in the foot even when they DO string a few good plays together in a row.

11. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

My definition of talent obviously is different than yours...you define talent on a Pro Bowl level well that's NOT most of this team absolutely..the point that you are MISSING is that Belichek or A Reid would GET THE MOST out of the talent that's there ...and we have MORE talent reletively speaking this year..plus you fail to even mention Trumaine Edwards

Look at the Patriots..take away Brady and Gronk..who do they got? Amendolas gone and Edelman not playing..Belichek has high expectations ..so they can keep winning

Nonetheless 5 out of the eleven players I listed you agreed had talent..40 per cent..ALMOST HALF THE GROUP

My point is there is enough talent on the team to win games or AT LEAST KEEP IT CLOSE

Go back 2 weeks where we demolished Detroit and I am sure you thought we had a good team as did many others on the TGG

I've trashed D Lee repeatedly but I think he has hustled of late ..so has L Williams

Lachlan Edwards is a very good punter..so his skill is there..what? Punters don't count???

Crowell is speedy and a good runner ..his onfield behavior is undisciplined

Powell has run well in all 3 games

"Sam is talented ..I hope we don't ruin him" ...you injected your personal opinion ..yes I agree

Anderson is poorly coached and lately has dropped passes..but he catches the bomb..had a good year last year when he wasn't arrested

Kearse has carried this team in the receiving department in Enunwas absence

I haven't even looked at what you posted after the Detroit game ..I am sure you were shocked AT WHAT THE TEAM COULD BE...take a look back for 2 years ..the Jets have SOME good players..not ELITE but good enough

#51 NYJetsO12, Sep 23, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2018
  12. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

bu thats only 13 players....you think thats enough talent? hahha come on......head coach sucks, CS sucks and the GM sucks....he has missed terribly on wayyy too many picks in 4 drafts

zace and JetsNation06 like this.
  13. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

Some here are only looking at the Jets talent level without using any basis for comparison. Sure you can build up the personnel on our team but as previously stated, it is below average across the board when compared to the rest of the league. Enunwa, Powell and Crowell are about the only skill players who would be considered good on any other team. And to be completely objective, Enunwa would probably be the only skill guy we have who has what I would consider "game breaking" ability on our offense. And only Crowell of these 3 was a Mac move. The rest of the bunch are serviceable, solid at best. But we need league-wide game changers at key positions (pass rusher, OL, WR, RB, LB) and Mac's fallen short here. I just think he's another in a long line of Jets brass who can't evaluate college talent very well and has wasted too many draft picks.

14. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

i wont even listen. If you think Benigno is EVER a must listen, then you habve psychological problems. The guy is the biggest fuckin moron on the air.

zace likes this.
  15. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

When Kotite was finally canned and Parcells took over, the roster suddenly looked a lot better, more talented. “Talent” became not an excuse for losing but a reason for winning.

Holdovers like Marvin Jones, Victor Green, Richie Anderson, Mo Lewis, Aaron Glenn, etc etc went from untalented bums costing the team wins to suddenly playmakers and winning football players.

Was the sudden change in talent a miracle? Not really, they were just put in the right positions for once. Held accountable for once. Given the right in-game decisions for once. Taught how to win!

The same thing could (and will) happen with this roster if Bowles is sent packing and a good coach brought in. This roster has talent. They are not being coached right

16. zace

zace Well-Known Member

No it won't. Coaching doesn't make guys catch balls, doesn't make qbs more accurate, doesn't force turnovers. These are things talent is hotness to do. She there some aspects that could be coaches up, yes, but overall this team needs talent

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

JetsNation06 likes this.
  17. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

No coach in the world is making a respectable pass rusher out of anyone on the current roster. We have zero talent in that area. Sure if you have a Belichick then it allows you to play with just enough talent. However we don't have that luxury so we need better personnel.

18. Stevied

I’m wth the guy who said we have enough taken at skill spots..he’s right:

Enunwa and Robby A have (had) good potential, maybe even number 1 WR potential..Are we forgetting Robby was in the pro bowl conversation last year (just ask him)? Kearse runs good routes. “Positive Role Model” Terrelle Pryor is truly maddening, very fast, very big/tall-normally those guys are good! Idk what his problem is..

Crowell is a less physical but faster Ivory, Powell ain’t no superstar but is solid, cannon is a poor mans RB version of Robby (boom or bust bug play guy) and I think we’re all forgetting “LT 2.0” in McGuire..

That said, Francesca did bring up a good point re enunwa being able to beat his matchup thus Gets touches..I know we move him around, so I’m not sure if he’s really all that great or if he just gets stiffs checking him?

19. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

What cannot be argued against is the fact that Macc has ignored the "O", with the exception of taking Darnold. And while I give him a lot of credit for gambling with the trade up, frankly if he had not been aggressive and gotten the best QB he could, he should've been fired the next day.

I've given him a C+ grade so far, so I wouldn't pound the table to fire him at this point, but at the same time if there was someone better, I would love to upgrade. There's definitely room for improvement.

JetsNation06 likes this.
  20. HomeoftheJets

In the NFL Pro Bowl or close to it is what talent is. By your definition, I can say anyone in the NFL is talented.

And are you that ignorant about the Patriots? Aside from Brady, Gronk, and Edelman (who are light years ahead of anyone we have), they have Devin McCourty, Matthew Slater, Stephon Gillmore, Stephen Gostkowski, Josh Gordon, Dont'a Hightower, Cordarrelle Patterson, and James Develin. Every single one of those players has made the Pro Bowl. That's what a talented roster is. Not the crapfest we have. #FireMac