Tan-Gini's media approach is working

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Imagesrdecieving, Mar 5, 2006.

1. Imagesrdecieving

Imagesrdecieving Well-Known Member

The way the are noticeably absent from commenting on our plans is benefitting the organization. The value that Abraham is accumulating is just amazing. This is a far cry from the way the Edwards deal was brokered. Bradway ran his mouth and diminished all value. Kudos to the new regime. If they draft as well as they deal with the media we are well on our way building a solid foundation.

2. Carpetbagger

Carpetbagger Well-Known Member

Still a long ways to go, this is only the first month that they have been in business; but so far, they have done a great job of releasing/restructuring players. The fact that they got Coles to restructure is an accomplishment in itself.

3. pisano24

pisano24 Member

you know what - I never thought about that and you are correct... I like it too.

4. Duk Dodgers

Duk Dodgers Active Member

Actually, I thought the rumor about Denver getting J.Abe with there 29th pick was the catalyst for other teams jumping in with deals...still, I'll agree with you that so far, I really have no complaints about about the new coach and FO.

5. jixxjr

jixxjr Well-Known Member

Gentlemen, as I have said before, Our new administration comes from the Parcells-Belichick school of not saying anything to the press. By doing that, it leaves your opponents (and fan sites like this one) guessing as to what exactly is going on, how they are planning to do things, and what moves will be made to improve the team. This prevents your opposition from blocking any of your moves, trading up for a draft choice, or low-balling you when you try to bid for a players services either to drive up the players price or to prevent you from gaining him. Gone are the days of the open press room, catchy sound bites, and nonstop info about the team and it's inner workings. We just have to get used to it. On the lighter side, just look at some of the speculation that has arisen at this web site as to what's going to happen next. This is going to be an interesting next few years. :wink:

6. KY_Jetsfan

KY_Jetsfan New Member

Yep, this board has turned into 99.99% speculation. Just look at the Abe situation. He's being traded to Denver, Detroit, Atlanta, am I missing any more teams?

7. jixxjr

jixxjr Well-Known Member

I've heard of Washington, Dallas, Oakland, K.C. and Philly also being interested. Let the bidding begin!!!! :wink:

8. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

Tan-Gini should always stay tight lipped. First of all, all the kindness to the media in the world will not prevent them from roasting their asses alive at the first sign of trouble.

I say, personally, the media isn't worth it, f 'em.

Not letting anything out about Abe is a no brainer. If you were selling a house for $500,000 and somebody was taking a tour of your house as a perspective buyer and saying how much they liked it, you would never say, "if you like it, I could let it go for $465,000." No, you would keep your mouth shut until an offer on paper is in front of you and then you would either tell them to go back to the drawing board or you would make a counter offer.

The process afoot here is not really much different.

I know it is still very early in our new management regime, but I really do like what I see so far, and they have accomplished a hell of a lot already. I sure hope they can coach football as well as they appear to manage personnel and money.

9. vegaskarl

vegaskarl Well-Known Member

Where are the posters that said we couldn't get a #1 for JA. The teams are fighting at the chance to get a PASS RUSHER. We just have to wait for the new CBA to be signed and JA will be gone in a matter of days.

10. rajensen088

rajensen088 Banned

Only one team has denied any interest in Abraham.... The Jets