Syracuse is an embarrassment

Discussion in 'NCAA' started by BigGreenUgly, Nov 14, 2015.

1. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Scott Shafer fired.

Coaching his last game this weekend against BC.

_

2. BigGreenUgly

BigGreenUgly Well-Known Member

Frost the OC from Oregon rumored to be the number one target [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. BigGreenUgly

SU not the most desired of jobs....the positive is its in a big five conference...and if you get fans to come back that dome is an insane asylum ...so loud and claustrophobic ...I've been there when it was the loud house...Teams hated playing there

4. JStokes

Also I read Ed Orgeron-LSU DLine coach and a stud recruiter is interested. Coached at SU under Pasqualoni.

_

alleycat9 likes this.
  5. JStokes

I was there when it was built and stayed through most of its hey day under Coach Mac.

Was a great football setting.

_

6. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Orgeron is a good coach. That's who you should hire. USC should've hired him. Frost I believe is a pipe dream

7. JetsHuskers fan

JetsHuskers fan Well-Known Member

Husker power right there.

8. JStokes

It's official. Dino Babers next SU head football coach.

Nice hire.

_

BigGreenUgly likes this.
  9. BrowningNagle

that is a nice hire. Babers deserved a job like this for awhile now. He will bring the Baylor style air raid offense which I think lends itself well to playing in the dome.

10. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Syracuse doesn't need to worry about offensive or defensive schemes until they can get quality recruits to employ those sets.

I am tired of not getting quality recruits.

alleycat9 and BigGreenUgly like this.
  11. BigGreenUgly

You're right...one thing I've noticed watching SU for 30 years ...in this recent decline ..when we play top 20 teams all you need to do is look at the size difference ...Cuse looks smaller ...it wasn't that way when the program was legit...time to be faster and more physical

12. BrowningNagle

true but the best way for them to get quality recruits is to build up a successful scheme. Make people, especially QBs, want to play there to play in that offense.

With a team like Syracuse they need to stand out schematically first IMO because they just simply can't compete based on recruiting alone. Just look at their conference. Who in their right minds is going to pass up Florida State, Clemson, Virginia Tech, Miami, etc... for Syracuse. Warm weather, hot southern babes, and a place where football is everything for a basketball school covered in snow. Even Pitt / Penn St./Maryland have big advantages in recruiting because there is fertile recruiting ground in Pennsylvania/D.C. and there isn't in upstate NY.

The road map for Syracuse's success in football is to close the gaps on these guys with their scheme/coaching & development. Get by with under the radar recruits for awhile in a QB friendly, gimmicky scheme, play unlike the rest of the conference in that dome and use that to your advantage to get recruits later on.

13. BrowningNagle

I will say that Syracuse has been losing recruiting battles that they shouldn't be losing however....

-Pitt freshman RB Qadree Ollison ran for 1,000 yards this year as a freshman. He's from Niagara Falls. Should be at Cuse.
    -This year NYS has one of the best pocket passing QB prospects in the nation in Jake Zembiec, out of Rochester, right in Cuse's back yard, Headed to Penn State.
    - Chad Kelly now tearing it up at Ole Miss was a Buffalo HS kid
    -Jarron Jones stud DT at Notre Dame, was a Rochester kid they missed out on.

they need to stop losing recruiting battles in their backyard and build up a scheme that kids like. That alone will get them closer to competing

14. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

if they can win more often than not instate recruiting its a big plus. these are kids that are from there that can understand the atmosphere. they need to build those relationships with schools that do well in high school football.

if you cant recruit the guys in your back yard you will never get the guys to come from outside. they cant even win the state of ct anymore. the better players and trust me there arent very many and they arent 5 star guys ever are not going to cuse like they used to. they are recruited by uconn, bc and the virginias of hte world. the dwight freeneys, tebucky jones type kids were just about guaranteed syracuse guys back in the day. not so much anymore.

15. JStokes

I think this x 1000.

We have to make the Dome an attractive place to come play and that starts with getting on real TV and that starts with building very quickly a quick strike offense.

Nobody is coming here until we give them a reason to. It's a "show me first" issue.

_

16. joe

joe Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

#36 joe, Dec 7, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2015
    mute and alleycat9 like this.
  17. Pocket Jet

Pocket Jet Well-Known Member

quite a few felons went to the U

BigGreenUgly likes this.
  18. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Absolutely agree and it's sort of a mind boggling problem.

I really do feel like the dome is an attractive place to play. The program is founded on deep tradition.

The townies and college students literally have nothing else to do in the winter but go to the football and basketball games. The athletic teams are THE CENTER of attention in Syracuse and the University is one of the prominent NCAA Division 1 programs in the NY Metro Area.

It makes no sense why they can't secure these players. ESPECIALLY considering some of the best football being played in the Country is actually in my (Northern NJ) neck of the woods with Don Bosco, St. Joe's, Bergen Catholic, etc.

These are high profile programs with excellent coaching in which the school NEVER seems to bother with. Makes no damn sense.

19. JStokes

Scott Shafer to Maryland as DC.

_

20. pdxdrew

pdxdrew Well-Known Member

I've given up trying to seriously have any expectations on college athletics any more. There are just certain schools that suffer a disadvantage from lack of boosters or geographic placement that is hard to overcome. At Oregon, for example, you just can't sustain any kind of winning pattern for prospective players. It's about the $$$$$$. Recruiting is truly a fixed horse race. The game is played at such a high level and if you don't have the guys with the burners and the envelopes, your screwed.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk