Survivor Recommendations

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football' started by GreenGreek, Sep 28, 2016.

1. GreenGreek

GreenGreek Well-Known Member

Week 4: Washington vs Cleveland, Detroit @ Chicago or other? I tend to try to avoid Divisional games.

2. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Good thread.

Two rules I always implement are no divisional games and no road games.

If that doesn't matter to you then roll with Arizona v Rams. Arizona coming off a brutal loss vs Buffalo is now home vs rams.

I'm rolling with Pittsburgh this week after getting smacked by Philly. They also get leveon back and I still don't believe KC is that good to beat Pitt on the road.

3. GreenGreek

I'm of the same thought process. I try to pick home teams in non-divisional games, but that's not that easy this week. Especially early in the season, I like to pick very good teams against bad teams, because crazy things happen early (almost 50% of this pool is already knocked out).

Non-division bigger home favorites are: CIN vs MIA, WAS, vs CLE, AZ vs LA, and PIT vs KC. CIN & WAS look shaky/inconsistent, and KC always seems to exceed expectations. LA has been overachieving aside from week 1. AZ has underachieved thus far. I'd rather see some at least one of those patterns change a bit before picking for or against either one. Pre-JJ Watt news, I was also considering Houston. vs TEN.

Seeing as how this may be the only opportunity to pick WAS, I'm leaning that way, although the same could possibly be said for Detroit. If Cincy straightens thins out, I was hoping to have them at home vs CLE or WAS in week 7 or 8.

4. GreenGreek

Week 6...

I want to take the Bills at home versus the 49ers, but I fear one of Rex's inevitable let down games against a QB with little to no recent film.

Thoughts?

5. dawinner127

Not a bad take but I just don't trust them for the exact same reason you said. Also, has Rex had a 4 game win streak yet as a coach?

I am taking New England at home vs cinci. Cinci is abysmal and Brady's first game at Gillette this year? Sign me up.

6. GreenGreek

I used NE last week. PIT @ MIA, TEN vs CLE, BUF vs SF and AZ vs NYJ are the biggest spreads. I can't bring myself to root against the Jets this week, although I'd be wise to do so. I've picked against CLE 3 straight weeks, and I like that strategy. However, they're bound to win 1 at some point, and @ TEN might be one of their best shots.

As much as I don't like picking road teams, and wouldn't mind saving the Steelers, looking ahead, they're not a really safe play until Week 11. Maybe the right call is to use them here.

7. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

Pittsburgh is probably the best bet, but I'm planning on going with the Titans. I'm nervous.

8. dawinner127

Already Used:
    Seattle
    Carolina
    Dallas
    Pitt
    Packers
    Patriots

I'm leaning Denver at home vs Houston. Denver coming off a long break since they played last Thursday and are coming off a loss. Houston also played Sunday night and barely moved the ball vs Indy. Does anyone really think they can move the ball vs Denver?

9. GreenGreek

Had I not been burned by Pitt last week, I would be going with Cincy at home versus Cleveland for this week.

10. dawinner127

I just tend to stay away from division games and it worries me that Hu Jackson used to coach in cinci and knows Dalton all to well.

11. GreenGreek

I typically agree with division games. I broke my road rule last week & got burned. However, based on your logic, wouldn't the Denver staff know Osweiller even better?

12. dawinner127

Yeah, they should which is why I would expect them to rip Houston's offense to shreds Monday Night.

13. GreenGreek

They've lost 2 straight though, haven't been great offensively & play a good defense.

I'm not saying Denver is a bad pick. I'm just kicking myself over deviating from my anybody that plays Cleveland or SF strategy.

14. NYJalltheway

I'm torn between green bay and cincy this week. I'm in the final 4. I think it could be a let down game for gb, but I don't want to pick a divisional game either.

15. dawinner127

1) Green Bay is without all 3 starting corners and Hoyer has thrown for 300+ in four of four games this year
    2) Cleveland is due for a win, right?

Tough situation man. I would go with Cinci if I had a gun to my head.

16. NYJalltheway

That's my plan, but I'm skeptical on it.

17. dawinner127

Anyone still standing?

Down to ~90 people in my pool for $40 grand.

This week is a tough one. Not many games are appealing and I want to stick to my rules of no road games and no divisional games. Am I crazy for wanting to take Tampa over Oakland? Oakland hasn't beaten ANYONE this year and are traveling from west coast to east coast to play 1:00 game. There secondary is really bad so I can see Winston having his way with Mike Evans all day long.

I would take Cincinatti in this spot but they are playing in London so that isn't really a home game and I also have Minnesota available, but taking them would break both of my rules.

Thoughts??????

18. NYJalltheway

That's crazy. I just joined a default yahoo league this year, and I'm in the final 3. I'm torn between the Jets, and Vikings. I feel like it's a typical let down game that I would pick the Jets, and they would lose, so my current pick is on the Vikings.

Ps. I wouldn't take the Bucs. I think they'll win, but that's way too risky imo. Good luck!

19. dawinner127

Minnesota is definitely the move, especially if Barkley is playing but I'm reading reports that cutler is going to be back this week? Division games are tough, but road divisional games? Minnesota also looked really bad last week vs Philly.

20. GreenGreek

I'm still upset that I picked every other game I was considering right in Week 6, but went with Pitt as a "safer" bet.

This is a week that you have to break a rule or two, by either taking a road team, a divisional game or both, unless you want to roll the dice with Atlanta over a banged up GB team or Houston (wouldn't touch them) against Detroit. When in doubt, I'd pick against a really bad team, which would point towards picking the Jets or Vikings. I'm not typically a fan of teams traveling a long way, but Seattle, if they're still available, they warrant consideration against New Orleans.

Finally, it's hard to imagine Rex's mash unit offense sweeping both games versus New England. I feel like this week's matchup has the potential for Bellichick's one a year statement game drubbing of Rex.

NE & Minny are both on the road against banged up divisional foes. Even so, I'd probably be most confident in one of them this week, followed by the Jets and Cincy.