Super Bowl LII Thread - Philadelphia Eagles vs. Patriots

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by forevercursed, Jan 21, 2018.

1. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Im from Philly, i already know. Every other word out of my aunts mouth is fuck, but the woman would do anything in the world for the people she loves

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

2. Patriot

Patriot Well-Known Member

Ok then now for the most important question since you are from Philly!

Who has the best Philly Cheese Steak Sandwich and what cheese should you use? Maybe I should have done the cheese whiz last time? Maybe I need to get 3 sandwiches with cheese wiz, American, and provolone to answer my dumb question.

I have been to Tony Lukes because it was on the way home from 95. I liked the fact that they had 1/2 sour pickles as a condiment which I loved. The sandwich was delicious and I would probably do it again before I kick the bucket. At the time the Pope was visiting and they had a funny T-Shirt showing the Pope and Tony Lukes. I am pissed now that I didn't buy the TShirt.

3. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Don't go to those tourist traps. The best cheesesteaks are in south jersey with American cheese. If you must get one in philly, jims on south street is good. Genos amd pats are a waste of money. Lesser known places usually have better stuff.

Patriot likes this.
  4. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

American cheese on a cheese steak? Disgusting. That's like using cheese whiz in casserole.

5. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Eww cheese whiz on a steak is disgusting. American cheese is def the way to go. Lol tho youve started the debate man.

Patriot likes this.
  6. Sam Hammer

Agreed, I can't stand fake cheese. It's all disgusting to me. American cheese isn't cheese. I'd take cheddar / swiss / mozzarella over that any day with any type of food that goes good with cheese. I can't imagine a cheese steak with American. ;)

Patriot, CotcheryFan and zace like this.
  7. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Lmao i knew you'd say that. All depends on what im putting on it. I do love melted cheddar tho

8. Sam Hammer

Now you made me hungry!

zace likes this.
  9. Cidusii

Cidusii Well-Known Member

I spent a total of 2 hours in Phillie when I was travelling the States, so I ended up at one of the tourist traps haha. Definitely wasn't inspired food.

Still can't beat one of the NY pizzas I had. I don't even know what store it was since my local mate there ordered it.

zace likes this.
  10. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Dude tell me about it. There are some ok pizza places down here in south jersey but they leave me wanting. The fiancée is from north jersey and i never hear the end of how much better the pizza is up there lol.

11. Patriot

Thanks for the advice and I will try your South Jersey idea.

zace likes this.
  12. Patriot

You are all getting me hungry. What about Provolone?

I am jealous because you can't get a good cheese steak or pizza in New England.

13. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Theres a little called Carneys Point in south jersey. The place is called Roman pantry, check it out. Fun fact, the owner went to school with Bruce Willis. Hes from the area.

14. Sam Hammer

Ah yes, I accidentally left that off the list. I love some nice melted provolone. If you can do a provolone and melted cheddar combo on a cheesesteak, it just makes my mouth water.

15. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Do not listen to Zace, he’s right about Pats and Genos but not about cheese steaks in SJ. You want a good cheese steak you go to Jim’s or Dallesandro's.

16. Make it to Jets camp every other year or so dating back to Hofstra,cortland & now Florham Park.Always make it a point to try acouple pies on the trip.Was really impressed w the pizza in northern jersey since Camp moved there.Was just as great as anything I’ve had in Long Island.Have yet to hit up the City pie circuit..someday..

zace likes this.
  17. zace

zace Well-Known Member

The kids liked the place we stopped by when we were at camp a few years back. Can't for the life of me remember what it was called

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  18. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Pffft don't hate lol. Go to roman pantry on Carneys Point, i bet you'll change your mind.

19. Nonna’s Is the one we went to right in FP & seemed pretty popular amongst camp visitors.

Couldn’t have been happier w the service,the pie & the meals as well.Everything was top notch.

That said the plaza right across the way Florham Park pizza has even better reviews.We didn’t make it to that one but will likely check it out next time down

zace likes this.
  20. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

The cheesesteak conversation is fascinating, but back to the game. Here’s more proof that the Eagles will win: no quarterback who has led the league in passing yards has ever won the Super Bowl in that season. Tom Brady led the league in passing yards this season.

phubbadaman and Patriot like this.