Super Bowl LII Thread - Philadelphia Eagles vs. Patriots

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by forevercursed, Jan 21, 2018.

1. tbruner12

tbruner12 Well-Known Member

I'm not upset by any means.
    I also couldn't find anything in my post that you quoted, that would lead you to thinking I was upset. What led you to that?
    I'm actually very hard to upset with any type of communication.

How in the world can any fan of any sport, straddle two teams of a heated rivalry? It's impossible. So you are a Patriots fan, but don't mind if the JETS win games except for NE?

How in the world can a so called unbiased fan not see that there are powers at work that help NE?

I'm a Duke basketball fan, always have been since the late 70's. There have been many games where the refs were not going to help the other team, and sometimes down right made the wrong call. I'm no different for the JETS. There is no way you can seriously deny the fact that NE has down right cheated.
    How can you say that there is no referee favoritism going on during the dynasty? I'm an AFC fan during all Superbowls except this past one.
    I can see bad calls just like anyone can, so why is it that Pats fans totally deny what had been happening?
    I would atleast admit it, because when you deny the things that everybody in the world can see except for PATS FANS, it makes you all look like a dumb fan base.
    It's not like the NFL would take it all away from NE if the fans of NE admitted to all the wrong doings.
    Cheating also makes the team look really bad. Why would anyone want to root for NE at this point? The wins? The feel good Super Bowl wins, even though tainted?
    How can NE fans be truly happy with the results when everyone laughs?
    I would be so embarrassed if my team had almost 2 decades worth of favoritism and only won 5 Super Bowls. Please explain.
    Again I'm not angry, and I'm asking valid, rather than argumentative questions.
    Use a tone like, you were speaking on the behalf of the entire NE organization and fan base.
    Let's see your honesty about it.
    Thanks

2. Passepartout

Passepartout Active Member

Pats had no defense. With or without Malcolm Butler. Sure he would had made a difference. But still maybe not much at all. Lions better hope they are getting the right man in Matt Patricia.

3. Patriot

Patriot Well-Known Member

First of all, anyone who knows me whether they like me or not would agree I am not your typical Masshole. And yes I am proud to be a Masshole and I don't expect you to understand because your not from Boston.

I can only speak for myself and I don't represent everyone who is a Pats fan. I have been a Pats fan for 50 years and seen a lot of football. I have played football myself, but unfortunately God did not give me enough physical attributes to make it a career. As to being a Jet fan, I have explained it before, but I will do it one more time just for you. In the early days going back to Namath, Pats fans and Jet fans were actually nice to each other. I was a Patriot and Jet fan back in 1968, and if you understand anything about the era you could understand why. Then again maybe I am mentally deranged and should have started hating the Jets the minute Tuna took over like every other brainwashed Pats fan.

As to the Patriots being cheaters, no offense you don't know what you are talking about. Both Spy Gate and Deflate Gate were basically stories about nothing. When you do your homework and study the actual details, anyone whose unbiased and has common sense would see these are overblown stories. I have pointed out to folks in this forum that stealing another team's signals is not against the rules. Yet I hear the same old story that the Pats are cheaters because they stole the other team's signals.

Unfortunately Americans are dumb and lazy and they listen to what ever the media has to say like blind little mice. They are to stupid to see that Trump and Obama suck as Presidents for example. I use to be one of these dumb and lazy types and with age comes wisdom, so I am just lazy now. :)

You here Chris Collinsworth suggest that Gronk was possibly acting and your brain automatically thinks it to be the case. Yet you also neglect to realize that Collinsworth also stated it was still a penalty. By the way I have reviewed that play at least 10 times on my DVR, and there is no way anyone can conclude whether Gronk was acting or not. If they do, they are fool of it. Besides almost all your receivers today are like drama queens trying to get a call. So even if he was, so what? The fact you only call out Gronk but no other receivers again shows you are bias. Personally I think there should be a 15 yard penalty when a player bitches for a pass interference call. :mad:

Do the Patriots get calls and non calls in their favor, definitely just like any other team. However, the fact you can't state any calls or non calls against the Pats illustrates your bias and hate. To you and many Jet fans they represent the reason why the Jets are a failure and they are a channel for your anger. I have seen this same behavior among Red Sox fans who hated the Yankees. The Yankees were to blame for their failures and miseries of the Red Sox. I am not a shrink but I believe this is known as psychological projection or deflecting blame.

I am here to talk about football strategy and how the Jets can improve. Yet people like you want to go at it about the Patriots. You and them always start their argument that if you don't admit they are cheaters you are wrong, stupid, and a jerk. Why don't you read up on Thomas Aquinas and consider thesis/antithesis approach of an argument?

You, others, and me do not always know the story. Yet there are people already in the media stating why Butler did not play for the Pats. The fact it pisses of the media and others not to know the complete story makes me laugh. I remember Parcells once saying in a news conference

"When you don't know that you don't know, it's a lot different than when you do know that you don't know."

Boy was he right on!:D

4. Patriot

Patriot Well-Known Member

I now have a question for you, if the Patriots are getting such referee favoritism how do you explain this?

Gronk gets a helmet to helmet hit from Barry Church in the AFC game getting a concussion that the NFL clearly knows about due to their doctor monitoring him. No penalty for helmet to helmet hit on the play. The Patriots now don't have Gronk for 1/2 the game and he has not allowed to practice for the team for 1 1/2 weeks due to his concussion. This last hit could be the reason Gronk retires. Then to add even more insult to injury Barry Church get just a $24,309 fine which is a joke.

So where is the NFL favoritism here?