Suicide sucks

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by Brook!, Oct 27, 2018.

1. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Sooo sorry ..many times friends feel they could have done more or prevented it

Look for professional help if you need..take courage Brook

2. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Just saw this. Sorry for your loss, @Brook! That is terrible.

Brook! likes this.
  3. Antoni

Antoni Well-Known Member

Very sorry to hear this Brook. I lost my best friend to suicide as well. Like you I never saw it coming. He invited me to the bar one night, we went out for drinks and tacos. Then I took the cab home. He drove straight to the hospital parking lot and committed suicide with a shotgun. He called it in beforehand, and they were able to harvest his organs for donations, which was his wish. It left me devastated and still to this day I wonder what in the world I missed?

Do not listen to the religions. Those scriptures were written thousands of years ago and they needed to discourage suicide in some way since they did not have the medicine or the therapy, so they tried to scare you. If you believe in a God or a higher power you should believe that that they would have mercy on individuals whose brain chemistry are in such a state of distress that they find that suicide is the only way out. Suicide does not make you a bad or evil person, just one that unfortunately was not able to get the help they needed.

Brook! likes this.
  4. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I think a lot of men commit suicide because we are supposed to keep ourselves on an even keel and not express how we're doing/feeling.

It goes against the spirit of this thread a little, but its honesty here, I used to see suicide as a selfish act. And I still kind of do. I don't think that will ever fully go away for me, given my personal experiences. But I will say in the past year even I have begun to understand it a little. It is dangerous to keep things bottled up. I know what its like to have something weighing on you, even to have people to talk about it with, but still keep it inside.

I have tried something with my buddies and I want to share it with you guys. Next time you see your friend and you presumably ask him "how's it going?" or "what's up?" or whatever, he's gonna say its going well and talk a little about his job or his wife/kids or house or something cause that's what we do... But afterwards, follow up with "that's nice, but are you happy?" you might get a strange look or just a "yes I am" and you can say "good." and move on but its a good way to keep ourselves thinking and sharing about how we are really doing.

oh and sorry for your loss brook

HomeoftheJets and Brook! like this.