Suggestions for next year's awards

Discussion in 'TheGangGreen.com Poster Awards' started by twinjetfan, Mar 17, 2006.

1. wildthing202

wildthing202 Active Member

Underrated has to stay.

2. lightning

lightning Active Member

Most likely to have a sex change Op.

3. Sean Ryan

Sean Ryan Banned

when does this go down?

and am i the front runner for anything ha

4. MisterMoss

MisterMoss PRO-American

Let's kick this thing off

5. twinjetfan

twinjetfan New Member

Nominations: January 6-January 20
    Awards: January 21-February 3
    Winners announced: Super Bowl Sunday

I'll post the nomination threads on Saturday, but if I have the time, I'll do it earlier, so I don't have to rush.

Also, I need a few threads to be stickied i.e. the rules and award catagories.

6. Dinobot 2

Dinobot 2 Active Member

Good idea. 1 day before the big game. A large crowd will be coming through. Are you sure you have enough time though? What are all the catergories?

7. twinjetfan

twinjetfan New Member

I'm sure two weeks each for the nominations and voting will be enough. The catagories are as follows:

1. Rookie of the year- This award is given out based on the best poster who joined in 2006. A nominee must have joined in 2006. NO EXCEPTIONS!!!!

2. Most Friendly Poster- This is given out to the person who always has a "smile" on while posting. He/she is always nice and warm to new posters, is patient, and does not attack others.

3. Funniest Poster- The poster who wins this award is always joking around. Posts funny threads, posts, pics. This person can hijack a thread, yet is still funny.

4. nightowltom Award (Best non-Jets Poster)- This is the award given out to the best Dolphin, Patriot, Bills, etc. fan on here. This poster is intelligent, can get into debates without getting into a slugfest, and most importantly is not a troll. For those who do not know, nightowltom was a very good and intelligent Patriots Fan on here. He unfortunately lost his battle with cancer earlier this year.

5. Most Knowledgable Poster- This poster is the most intelligent person on the board. Their posts are always well thought out, and full of information. Usually this person can also debate well with others, providing with intelligent rebuttles and opinions.

6. The Best Thread of the Year- This award is given to the thread that was hilarious, longstanding, or just plain stupid. If a funny ban took place, or someone went crazy in a thread, this is the award.

7. Meanest Poster- This award is given out to the poster who is always in a bad mood. This person hates new posters, and maligns them.

8. Most Negative Poster- This poster is always pessimistic about the way they view the Jets. This use same ol' Jets a lot, and use facts from the past to support their theory.

9. Most Annoying Poster- This is a poster who you just want to shut up. Their opinions are sometimes pessimistic, even if there is no need for it. They can randomly hijack a thread, making people upset.

10. Least Intelligent Poster- This award is given out to the poster who is just clueless. They try to make good posts, but they lack facts, grammar, and maturity.

11. Most Opimistic Poster- This award is given out to the poster who always looks toward the sunny side of things. This person can turn a terrible situation or event into a positive.

12. Best Photoshop Artists- This award is given out to the person who always does a magnificint job on avatars or signitures. There work is widely respected across the board, and a lot of posters have their work set as their avatars/signitures.

13. International Poster of the Year- This is the award given out to the person who is not from one of the 50 States of America. Canada, Austrailia, Europe, and Asia are all considered foreign.

14. Biggest Troublemaker- This award is given out to the poster who always creates trouble. This person might instigate a fight between people, and end up getting themselves or others banned. This person gets into arguements with other people, and creates threads just for attention.

15. Most Arguementive Poster- This award is given to a poster who always seems to be in an arguement with someone else. This person can be stubborn about their opinions, but can also display their opinions in an intelligent matter.

16. Post Whore of the Year- This poster posts again and again and again. They seem to be in every thread, and in some cases take up a whole entire thread.

8. RobA

RobA 2005-2007 TGG.com Most Optimistic Award Winner

Why was most creative poster removed?

9. Sean Ryan

Sean Ryan Banned

< Rookie of the Year ;]

10. FITM

FITM 2006 TGG.com Best Photoshop Artist Award Winner

How about you and NYJATW battle it out for Emo Of The Year.

11. highflyer

highflyer Active Member

Aren't you forgetting another high profile poster that should be in the nominations?

12. twinjetfan

twinjetfan New Member

I am thinking about bringing back Most Creative. What do you guys think?

13. RobA

RobA 2005-2007 TGG.com Most Optimistic Award Winner

Definitely. Posters like DBJ with the century posts need a category like that.

14. Twombles

Twombles Active Member

1028???????

15. highflyer

highflyer Active Member

Bah you're the foreign ones to us!