Suggestions for next year's awards

Discussion in 'TheGangGreen.com Poster Awards' started by twinjetfan, Mar 17, 2006.

1. twinjetfan

twinjetfan New Member

I understand what you are saying. I wasn't thinking of actually doing an award for Best Fantasy Player, but what I was thinking is just list the leagues on TGG, and their winners. What do you guys think of this? REMEMBER, I just stat an opinion, it's up to you guys to decide whether we should do it or not. If there seems to be more support for one side, then I'll consider that option.

2. twinjetfan

twinjetfan New Member

Here is why I am thinking of getting rid of these awards:

Best signatures- Merged with Best Photoshop artists
    Most Creative poster- Is pretty vague, and it can go with the photoshop award
    Best avatars- merged with best phoshop artists
    Most Underrated poster- Don't really see the point of this anymore. How can a poster be underrated or overrated?
    Best Female Poster- The women told me to
    Most overrated poster- See most underrated posted
    Biggest troublemaker
    Most argumentative poster
    Most likely go postal
    Post whore of the year

Worst Avatar- Just don't see the point in this
    Aussie of the Year- Now best International Poster

The ones in bold I might bring back. Thoughts?

3. Dinobot 2

Dinobot 2 Active Member

Biggest troublemaker
    Most likely go postal
    Post whore of the year

No way!

4. RobA

RobA 2005-2007 TGG.com Most Optimistic Award Winner

Keep most creative poster seperate from photoshop artist. Take DBJ for example, doesn't do really anything with photoshop but deserves the creativity award on how well his century posts are written. And keep the ones in bold.

5. Twombles

Twombles Active Member

Gotta keep best aussie of the year...

6. Theo Huxtable

Theo Huxtable New Member

I think it should be best international poster of the year personally.

7. Twombles

Twombles Active Member

i just think it's hard to compare the aussies to the uk guys like scotsjet, gustoonarmy and others

8. highflyer

highflyer Active Member

Yeah me, Sydneydon. Twombles. Benny, Satan, Bomber etc will be smacked in the voting. If we even get nominated :rofl:

9. lightning

lightning Active Member

You think we'll ever have a member from Asia?

10. silent scream

silent scream Well-Known Member

Biggest Jets Fan is just stupid. Get rid of that and add more negative ones other wise this whole thing will just be us talking about how great we all are. That's lame.

#90 silent scream, Dec 26, 2006
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2006
  11. twinjetfan

twinjetfan New Member

What negative awards would you suggest?

12. silent scream

silent scream Well-Known Member

Biggest troublemaker
    Most likely go postal
    Post whore of the year

I would leave those in there, maybe only exclude "Most likely go postal." I don't think there will be any problems [read: hilarity] since Jessie isn't around anymore. Either way the negative ones are always the most fun to nomonate and vote on.

Also, Biggest Jets Fan is kinda lame as we don't know each other that well and the fact that we spend so much time on a message board makes us all pretty big fans. You should just consolidate it with Best Jets Poster since it pretty much serves the same purpose.

13. 3rdAnd15Draw

3rdAnd15Draw Well-Known Member

The Biggest Jets Fan award should go to whoever starts the most the Jets fanbase sucks/the crowd this sunday sucked threads. It's going to be stiff competition this year.

14. 1028

1028 Active Member

Im gonna hafta agree with some of the comments above, I think the Biggest Jets fan award is garbage. I remember this being an argument last year, but common, exactly what kind of criteria do you use for an award like that?

15. twinjetfan

twinjetfan New Member

Here are the award catagories so far, and I tried to explain each of them the best I could:

1. Rookie of the year- This award is given out based on the best poster who joined in 2006. A nominee must have joined in 2006. NO EXCEPTIONS!!!!

2. Most Friendly Poster- This is given out to the person who always has a "smile" on while posting. He/she is always nice and warm to new posters, is patient, and does not attack others.

3. Funniest Poster- The poster who wins this award is always joking around. Posts funny threads, posts, pics. This person can hijack a thread, yet is still funny.

4. nightowltom Award (Best non-Jets Poster)- This is the award given out to the best Dolphin, Patriot, Bills, etc. fan on here. This poster is intelligent, can get into debates without getting into a slugfest, and most importantly is not a troll. For those who do not know, nightowltom was a very good and intelligent Patriots Fan on here. He unfortunately lost his battle with cancer earlier this year.

5. Most Knowledgable Poster- This poster is the most intelligent person on the board. Their posts are always well thought out, and full of information. Usually this person can also debate well with others, providing with intelligent rebuttles and opinions.

6. The Best Thread of the Year- This award is given to the thread that was hilarious, longstanding, or just plain stupid. If a funny ban took place, or someone went crazy in a thread, this is the award.

7. Meanest Poster- This award is given out to the poster who is always in a bad mood. This person hates new posters, and maligns them.

8. Most Negative Poster- This poster is always pessimistic about the way they view the Jets. This use same ol' Jets a lot, and use facts from the past to support their theory.

9. Most Annoying Poster- This is a poster who you just want to shut up. Their opinions are sometimes pessimistic, even if there is no need for it. They can randomly hijack a thread, making people upset.

10. Least Intelligent Poster- This award is given out to the poster who is just clueless. They try to make good posts, but they lack facts, grammar, and maturity.

11. Most Opimistic Poster- This award is given out to the poster who always looks toward the sunny side of things. This person can turn a terrible situation or event into a positive.

12. Best Photoshop Artists- This award is given out to the person who always does a magnificint job on avatars or signitures. There work is widely respected across the board, and a lot of posters have their work set as their avatars/signitures.

13. International Poster of the Year- This is the award given out to the person who is not from one of the 50 States of America. Canada, Austrailia, Europe, and Asia are all considered foreign.

14. Biggest Troublemaker- This award is given out to the poster who always creates trouble. This person might instigate a fight between people, and end up getting themselves or others banned. This person gets into arguements with other people, and creates threads just for attention.

15. Most Arguementive Poster- This award is given to a poster who always seems to be in an arguement with someone else. This person can be stubborn about their opinions, but can also display their opinions in an intelligent matter.

16. Post Whore of the Year- This poster posts again and again and again. They seem to be in every thread, and in some cases take up a whole entire thread.

16. twinjetfan

twinjetfan New Member

Here are the awards now on the debating table:

Biggest Jets Fan- Isn't really fair choosing the Best Jets Fan on here. It could go along with Most Opimistic Poster.
    Best Jets Poster- Is sort of vague, and can go with Most Intelligent Poster.
    Best signatures
    Most Creative poster
    Best avatars
    Most Underrated poster
    Best Female Poster
    Most overrated poster
    Most likely go postal
    Worst Avatar
    Aussie of the Year

17. 1028

1028 Active Member

How about Most Delusional Poster?

18. twinjetfan

twinjetfan New Member

Gang Green Poster Award Rules and Regulations:

1. Please take this seriously. I put a lot of time and effort into this.

2. Try to nominate only one person, if you want to make a list of other candidates you think also should recieve this award, make sure it is separate from your nomination.

3. If you notice that there are multiple nominations for a single poster, try to nominate someone else for a better variety of nominees.

4. DO NOT NOMINATE YOURSELF!!!! However, you can vote for yourself.

5. Post that are unclear will be skipped over.

6. When voting begins, the thread will be open to discussion, but do not make it into a slugfest.

7. Do not complain to me if you are nominated for an award you don't want. It's not my fault, it's your fault.

8. Do not spam the awards with useless junk.

Thoughts?

19. twinjetfan

twinjetfan New Member

I think that is pretty much the same thing as Most Optimistic Poster.

20. Theo Huxtable

Theo Huxtable New Member

I think you need to keep the most overrated poster award.