Suffer the little children.. American Style

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by Cman68, Mar 14, 2018.

1. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

It's the American way. If something bad happens, you try to blame and sue everyone under the sun who is connected. Unless the ammo was sold to the person illegally, there is no grounds for a lawsuit. Suing somebody who sold ammo solves nothing. Instead of that, explore the idea of stricter laws regarding the sale of ammo.

I think regulating the guns themselves is far more important since ammo is useless without a gun. In many states the laws are WAY too lax on gun sales.

2. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

The gun wasn’t invented for sport, it was made to kill. because you can use it for sport doesnt change that. Product manufacturers are sued all the time for negligence when their products accidentally hurt people, yet gun manufacturers are absolved of any responsibility when their products are used purposefully kill people as per their intended use. It’s intellectually dishonest to argue there doesn’t seem to be a contradiction between those two philosophies if the intent is to protect the public. The only difference is guns have arbitrarily been deemed beyond responsibility for any harm they do.

There are only two reasonable course of actions for gun control — the government regulates it or the market regulates it. Gun control advocates oppose government regulation so let’s let the market regulate it. But you can’t deem gun manufacturing and sales beyond reproach of laws and beyond reproach of meaningful market actions.

BrowningNagle likes this.
  3. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

It is illegal to murder someone. Holding a company,any company responsible for the illegal actions of an individual is just so beyond any logic it is giving me a migraine and makes me sad to know that we have fallen so far away from personal accountability that the thought is even real.

4. NotSatoshiNakamoto

When their products don't work correctly. Think.

If someone murders someone with a bat, can the bat manufacturer be sued because their bat was used to kill someone? When someone is drunk driver is the manufacturer of the car liable (assuming the car functioned correctly)?

If the bat explodes in someones hands, yea - you can sue the manufacturer. If the car malfunctions causing it to crash, yes, you can sue the manufacturer.

Manufacturers aren't liable for someone using their products to do illegal things. To believe they should be is fucking stupid.

FJF likes this.
  5. jdon

jdon Well-Known Member

But the Nazis in power forbade ownership of guns among the regular population

6. JetBlue

We see eye to eye on a lot of things but this ain’t gonna be one of them. I don’t possess the typing ability on my phone to adequately express my argument so I’m gonna just drink my coffee, watch Thor 3 and wait to board my flight.

7. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Let us know when you're ready to go after the scissor manufacturers.

8. Sam Hammer

Guns weren't designed to murder innocent people. They are designed for military conflict, self defense, law enforcement and hunting/sport shooting. Blaming a gun manufacturer (or ammo store) for the illegal use of a weapon is over the top. I'm all for stricter regulations for guns in many of those southern states. I feel the real issue is the mental health of the individuals committing these acts and stricter regulations / psychological exams could help prevent some of these types of shootings.

FJF likes this.
  9. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

This is why I'm ok with giving gun manufacturers some level of immunity. I just wonder if PLCAA gives them too much immunity.

10. FJF

Gun manufacturers should be afforded the same level of immunity as any other type of manufacture.

Sam Hammer likes this.
  11. JetBlue

Probably not as soon as you will call an apple to put out a fire because it’s red so it must be the same as a fire truck. This is where your logic leads you when your argument willfully ignores differences and depends solely on similarities.

12. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

The kid took his father's gun and shot the girl who jilted him then he shot himself. The "armed resource officer" (what a stupid title) was not a factor. Now let's talk about prosecuting the father for allowing the kid to get the gun.

13. JetBlue

Wait, if you deliberately sell someone a gun who then uses it to kill people, the seller is absolved of responsibility. But if the gun is taken from someone without their knowledge and is used to kill someone they can be prosecuted?

What kind of twisted reasoning can create those two conclusions?

14. NotSatoshiNakamoto

The gun dealer is required to submit paperwork to the federal government to clear the buyer prior to selling them the weapon. They have the right to deny the sale to anyone for any reason if it doesn't feel right to them but most of the responsibility of determining if they're "OK" to sell to falls on our infallible government.

As a private gun owner you are responsible for the safety and security of the firearms in your home. If you have children and are irresponsibly storing those weapons to where they can take them, that's on you.

Sam Hammer and FJF like this.
  15. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

These whippersnappers probably won't lift a finger to even REGISTER to vote because they're addicted to Spaceface and that twat thing, where you tell people what your're doing every second!

-Signed,
    Mrs. Championjets69 :mad:

#155 jetophile, Mar 28, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2018
    HomeoftheJets likes this.
  16. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

17. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Jeto, that is something I will NEVER understand. How could anyone be so attention starved that they have to broadcast to the entire internet their every waking thought and action...? I know I'm older now but hell, I just don't get the upside to putting all of your business on the internet..

I hope these kids do follow thru and stay focused. This will define their generation. I would hate for it to be Generation F for fakers.. Or as I've heard recently: "IGen" as in IPhone Generation.

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  18. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

They need to get a job after their chi-chi education that was financed by the likes of you and me! And then they won't even stack shelves at the Quickie Mart because it's below them! The illegals are not stealing their jobs! And the illegals are not working jobs nobody wants! Fill out an application at Kennedy Fried Chicken or work on a farm picking produce, you self-entitled lazy bastards!

-Signed,
    Mrs. championjets69 :mad:

19. Sam Hammer

I agree with your position, but I personally think a better comparison would be if you buy a samurai sword, then sharpen it and use it to murder a bunch of people. Swords were originally designed for battle and killing / self defense, but today they are mostly used as decoration. When you use something to commit an illegal act, it is completely on you, not the weapon used or the person who made it.

20. FJF

To be fair, I have been addicted to that twat thing since I first saw it and I am 44