Suffer the little children.. American Style

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by Cman68, Mar 14, 2018.

1. joe

joe Well-Known Member

If Connecticut took this as seriously as you claim, the hand held cell phone ban should apply to adults as well.

2. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The hand held cell phone ban does apply to adults as well.

Drivers under the age of 18 are not allowed to use hands-free phones either, whereas adults are allowed to use hands-free phones.

joe likes this.
  3. Br4d

There were still votes involved and some of them went south.

The reality of late 18th century America was that the British were still the most powerful government on Earth and were diametrically opposed to the United States. The ratification of the Constitution that formed the United States of America was just a continuation of the "we shall all stand together or we shall all hang separately" dynamic that had confronted the rebellion in the first place.

Nobody was going to try to stand alone against the British as a newly-formed nation and more importantly the states as a whole were not going to let any partition occur. A solitary neighbor was going to be a weak neighbor and an open door for the re-emergence of British manipulation in the mid-Americas.

There are a lot of things that we have glossed over in the founding of the Republic and one of them was that the states and statesmen of the time understood clearly that American independence required close cooperation and mutual defense.

4. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Yea and there was a large group of anti-federalists who were concerned that creating a federal government would give them too much power, result in a king, etc. Basically they didn't want to recreate the same problem that UK was here. And so they demanded the bill of rights to limit the power of the federal government and to protect the liberty of the people.

5. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

quartering of soldiers used to be a pretty big deal, I guess

6. Br4d

If you haven't started watching yet Turn is like best of guilty pleasures. :)

Cidusii likes this.
  7. This whole conversation makes me absolutely sick.This 2 party bullshit is absolutely reprehensible.

We have to drop the gun control angle b.c all that does is cause political riffs & special interest nonsense. The problem is...thats the only thing liberals seem to care about.It's not about finding solutions or greater good. It's about a ridiculous agenda. The conservatives are no better as they simply put up a wall the second anyone suggests some modifications to the system We're simply never gonna get past it. It really isn't about the 2nd amendment nor is the solution to this crisis merely gun control. Neither side seems to get that. This is about keeping our god damn kids safe in school! Is there anything more precious than our youth in an educational setting which is supposed to be a safe haven?

Find some god damn common ground. If we can't get past guns..move on to different things. How about creating a new sub division of homeland security that focuses on school place safety? Creating funding for training for administrators,teachers, staff all the way down to students & perhaps even parents? Further funding for defensive measures like security camera, bullet proof glass & metal detectors?? Community policing that empowers the whole community?? The list goes on & on..

My son is 3 & was an early entry in pre-K due to a minor speech issue. I'm one more tragedy away from deciding on home schooling or being the crazy father in the school parking lot every school day keeping tabs on any person that walks within 50 feet of the property. I'm sure other parents feel the same way...it's a shame more don't speak up.

8. NotSatoshiNakamoto

9. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

So, no talk about the Maryland kid killed by the armed resource officer this week? I mean I know it doesn’t fit nicely into the big scary gun and armed guards can’t help narrative.

10. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

Oh yes, I've heard a lot about it from my conservative friends about what a great thing it is that he stopped the shooting, etc. etc. I wonder how Jaelynn Willey's family feels about it. Would they say it's a miracle there was less deaths caused thanks to the resource officer? Maybe they just would have preferred some insane piece of shit wasn't able to get a gun in the first place to shoot their kid in cold blood.

11. FJF

Or maybe we try to stop what’s causing these kids become “insane piece of shit” as you called the troubled kid. It’s a people problem but you can keep on blaming inanimate objects

12. Greenday4537

Did I blame guns? No. I'm blaming lax laws that allow gun shops to sell to anyone they want.

13. FJF

Pretty sure that gun wasn’t purchased or obtained legally seeing that you have to be 21 to own a handgun pretty much anywhere in America. And you’re still ignoring the main factor in that incident. Why are these kids so angry that they feel the need to resort to violence? Why aren’t we trying to help these kids? You’re treating symptoms not the disease

14. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Didn't read through any of this hippy chit thread, so shoot me.

I do think it's a great thing to VOTE. People die for that right, and it's GRANTED to you here, so, yes, use it, VOTE. It's just that some of those kids sounded, er, misguided. "Ban all guns! ALL GUNS!" What?

There is something seriously wrong and frigged up in this country with this shooting nonsense and everybody knows it. I don't pretend to know the answer or the solution, but if you want a gun, you should be vetted up the ass. But then there's that whole government thing invading your life. People will never be satisfied or happy in either direction.

15. 74

74 Well-Known Member

16. Greenday4537

I'm not saying we don't need better access to healthcare including mental healthcare because we absolutely do. We need to stop shaming people for admitting they need help. We need schools to stop turning blind eyes towards bullying in school. We need parents to step up and stop pretending their children are perfect and can do no wrong and would never bully anyway and kids will be kids. But there will always be kids who slip through the cracks. No system is 100% perfect and we need to do as much as we can to prevent those kids who do slip through from having access to weapons that'd make killing their peers very simple.

17. Br4d

The Second Amendment protects the right to bear arms so that a well regulated militia can be reliably maintained.

I'm pretty sure the homeowner in 1792 was just as dead in the scenario described above as he would be today. 4 guys invading your home then had the same muskets, pistols and bayonets that the homeowner had.

Today, due to lax gun laws, the 4 guys could easily have AR-15's, shotguns, whatever, to whatever armament the homeowner possesses.

And before people start in with the criminals can always gets guns, they can't get guns that are not manufactured by law. By definition as arms technology advances the criminals will always potentially outgun the homeowner when it is 4 vs 1. Not only that, they will take the guns the homeowner has collected and put them in criminal circulation after they have killed the homeowner and whomever else they plan to kill.

Not that 99.999% of us will ever face such an incursion but the situation right now works only in the favor of gun manufacturers who stoke that fear to drive sales, despite the fact that all those sales effectively do is to better arm criminals and mass murderers.

nyjetsmets89 likes this.
  18. NotSatoshiNakamoto

My preference is that we have world peace and no violence - or anyone ever hurting each other. Surely some magical government law can make it happen.

19. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

You’re forgetting about having the capacity to rise up against tyrannical government.

20. NotSatoshiNakamoto

[​IMG]