Studs and Duds: week 2 vs Mia

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GasedAndConfused, Sep 17, 2018.

1. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

I had forgotten we have 2 Andersons on the roster. Hank did well but Twig, not so much. He's the deep guy, not the dependable mid range guy and certainly not the over the middle guy. That kid Myers did pretty good too even with the XP miss. Herndon and Pryor both should have been benched after their fck ups. The Oline isn't the worst, but is barely NFL caliber and the left side is just a steaming sack of shit. Good thing Sam can run. It does explain all the quick drops that Bates called. He knows his Qb's blindside is vulnerable due to lack of talent on that side of the oline.

I'm with you on your analysis except for Twig for the most part. #PrayForSam

GasedAndConfused likes this.
  2. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

to be fair to pryor though he did man up

Cman68 likes this.
  3. Cman68

Pryor admitted he fucked up. Great. Why wasn't his ass benched for a play? We won't even talk about Herndon. That's on Bowles to make sure these guys understand there's a price to pay for failure to execute. Either do your job or we'll find somebody that will. Pryor is a big body, but he's not really a Wr. Since this is a rebuilding/throwaway season, why not find out what you have on the roster in real time. We didn't know about Hank Anderson until he started playing and wow, just like that we have a pass rush now.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  4. GasedAndConfused

because you don't bench a WR for running 1 route poorly. he also almost made a nice catch on a 3rd and long over 2 defenders but it went through his hands. Pryor still has talent. I'm more concerned with the lack of fade routes in the end zone when we have the 6-3 anderson, 6-5 Q, and 6-4 pryor

5. Cman68

RAnderson is 6-3"? He certainly doesn't look that tall. Q is listed at 6-2". I think Pryor is 6-4" though. Maybe they[ll practice fade routes this week.

6. donkey

donkey Well-Known Member

We're a young team, with young captains, and a young qb. They're gonna need to remember that after one big win...

stinkyB likes this.
  7. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

You also forgot to mention Pryor's dancing around avoiding contact, standing at the goaline, on Herndon's "plush" effort to get the ball over the goal line ... I want to punch him in the face :mad::mad::mad:
    If he throws a block , even with the half ass effort on Herndon's part, thats a TD !

8. Jersey Joe 67

I URGE EVERYONE TO WATCH THE REPLAY!

9. GasedAndConfused

yeah anderson is 6-3 and can go up and get it. your right about Q though, i thought he was taller for some reason. still 6 WRs 6'2 or taller and the average DB is like 5'11" not many DBs over 6 feet tall. no reason to not try a fade route

10. GasedAndConfused

honestly i was so fixated on him getting the ball back and trying to get in, i didn't even notice that. will go rewatch it

11. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

The last three plays at the end of thee half were bad, each in their own way. The drive started with a 44 yard pass to Pryor which was a good play. Where things went wrong was the last three plays.

1. The pass to Herndon to Miami's 16 was a good catch...but then he turned it to the inside and for an extra two yards instead of getting out of bounds. That was a bonehead thing that cost us our last timeout...for an extra 2 yards

2. The pass/throw away/ whatever you want to call it to a ridiculously wide open Quincy in the end zone was sad, ugly, heartbreaking.

3. The final play of the half was a pass in the middle of the field, short of the end zone, with no time outs. That is not good football. Ya we can blame Herndon for not trying hard enough or Pryor for not jumping in. But you shouldn't throw that pass with time running out and no TOs.

All three of those plays cost us points, because we played like boneheads. There were a lot of young players involved in this so hopefully we can tidy that stuff up. I'm not sure we can ever tidy-Bowles up though. I tried to stay with believing in him. But inconsistency always comes back to coaching. If we don't know which team is going to show up that is on the HC.

#31 ouchy, Sep 17, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2018
  12. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

Skrine was god awful

13. Jersey Joe 67

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. GasedAndConfused

yeah that was bad. he should have been blocking or at minimum get behind herndon and help push the pile towards the end zone. pryor was low effort all game IMO

stinkyB likes this.
  15. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

Sorry--You're just wrong--he played H back his first year and did well.

16. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I wouldn't cut him yet, but he needs to get some bench time after he screws up like that, and after the third one he should've been sent to the showers.

IDFjet likes this.
  17. ColoradoContrails

Blitzing there was a bad coaching decision.

18. ColoradoContrails

Exactly! Why keep sticking with guys who aren't getting the job done? Not saying you have to bench them permanently, but send a damn message that they can't miss. This is where I differ completely with what appears to be Bowles' approach. He assumes that they're men and pros and will learn and adjust, but some guys don't. As a coach you need to figure who these guys are and use a different approach. And how about trying some different guys out? What's the harm? They might surprise you.

Cman68 likes this.
  19. David-The-Meats-Harris

David-The-Meats-Harris Well-Known Member

Seems Lee got his uniform back from whoever had it last week.

Pryor is meh.

Kearse (one of my favorites) was largely invisible.

Never liked Sticks McGee Andersen.

My problem with the play calling is, they abandon the run too fast. True enough ya lose patience when down by 20, but they bailed on it fast. How about some screens mofos.

Again, letting the ball consistently roll inside 15 yards or worse on punts is maddening. Fair catch it, holy shit.

Bowles not tearing ref a new ass for late hit on darnold.

Herndon is playing. How bad is leggett?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

dawinner127 likes this.
  20. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

No-one read me my Miranda Rights so I ain't sayin' shit