Stop with any Barkley talk

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Longsuffering88, Mar 19, 2018.

1. Seth

Seth Active Member

I vote for all of the above.

2. SackExchange69

SackExchange69 Well-Known Member

Or intellectually lazy ROFLMFAO

HomeoftheJets and Seth like this.
  3. Imagesrdecieving

Imagesrdecieving Well-Known Member

Is anyone buying the Giants BS that they are drafting a QB?

No way. They just want to shake Cleveland up into believing that they need to draft a QB at 1 if they want a QB so that they pass on Barkley!

Red Menace and Walt White like this.
  4. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

they are drafting one until they don't draft one

5. tbruner12

tbruner12 Well-Known Member

I may be the only one who agrees with you 100%, but anyone who doesn't is delusional and doesn't understand football. Period.
    Just because you need something, doesn't mean you reach for a position when a game changer is there at 3. Too many Madden players on this board these days. They have drafted so many shitty QB's and built them up without help around them, and they believe that's the answer to all roster problems.
    They don't realize that a QB can be found next year too.
    Let Teddy play a year, so what. It helps the team so much more by drafting a stud player, rather than drafting a position. FQB.... Hahaha
    They have no idea how FQB's are made. They think you flip rocks until you find one. Total stupidity.
    Moving to 3 either allows our QB to fall to us (1 out of 2 choices maybe), or we take Barkley. Anyone who says Mac will take Mayfield at 3 is stupid.
    Mayfield will never be an FQB in NY.
    If you can't see that, try taking off the FQB glasses.
    By dumb dumbs saying there are many RB's like Barkley to be had in this draft.... Hahaha
    QB's are important, but al 4 of these QB's in this draft won't equal Barkleys #'s this season if the team who is lucky enough to get him, uses him right.
    He would help any of these QB's look like FQB's next season.
    Chances are this QB class will go down in history as the most overhyped class in draft history.
    Barkley with a year under his belt may make our third round pick next year ( a FQB), a star.
    Mayfield at 3....... Bahahaha.
    Stupid.

6. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

I still want to give Hackenberg a shot, man.

7. talisaynon

talisaynon Well-Known Member

I've changed my mind on Barkley. From what I'm hearing he is a HoF quality player. I'd certainly take him if Darnold or Rosen were off the board.

tbruner12 likes this.
  8. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

His talent his very high, but Barkley types come along. He's not that rare a talent. He's not Jim Brown or Walter Payton.

9. DefenseWinsChampionships

He actually has the best combo of size speed and power since dating back to Bo Jackson.

Yes. He is a rare talent ala the last time a RB went #1 overall was 1995 and if Cleveland were to select Barkley #1 the entire Football world would understand why; because there has not been a HB rated as highly this kid in quite some time. Barkley is without question qualified and deserving of the #1 overall pick. He's an all around offensive animal both rushing and catching out of the backfield or out of the slots.

Darnold and Rosen could very well be gone 1-2. You don't trade up from 6 to 3 while losing 3 2nd rounders in order to take left overs ala the "3rd QB option".Nope. At #3 you take the BEST PLAYER IN ALL OF COLLEGE FOOTBALL.

And that WILL BE S.Barkley come pick #3. You take the best player you don't REACH on a Mayfield or Allen. Not when Barkley and a future HOF is looking right at you. Dead in your face.

tbruner12 and RochesterJet like this.
  10. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

They G men are probably trading out to either the Bills or Cards.

11. DefenseWinsChampionships

Na. I don't think so. I don't think they'll pass up on an opportunity to replace Eli and have either Darnold or most likely Rosen learn behind Eli for a year or two (Favre-Rodgers) scenario etc.

12. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

I have a feeling they are dropping back and will grab one of the leftovers along with Chubb. They could drop back and get Chubb and Mayfield or LJ or even get Allen. Hard to know. I have a feeling Mayfield, Allen and LJ don't have first round grades on a lot of draft boards and they may not view Rosen as a sure thing? I can see the Cardinals or the Bills offering them a boatload to move up.

stinkyB likes this.
  13. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Most recent comparison would be LaDanian Tomilinson...... so yes I think he can be a game/team changer

tbruner12 likes this.
  14. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

Cleveland wouldn’t pass on a QB at one if they had a specific QB in mind and would be simply hoping he was still there at 4, because they’d still have to contend with the Jets taking him. The only way Cleveland would pass on a QB is if they were content with whichever top QB was still there at 4, the same as the Jets trading up to 3, so no amount of posturing by the Giants will influence their decision.

If they have a specific QB they absolutely want they will take him at 1 even if it means missing on Barkley. If not, and they are willing to settle for the third QB after the Giants and Jets choose, they will take Barkley.

stinkyB likes this.
  15. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

There are people who thought Prescott was better than Wentz. He is a mediocre QB who is a product of OL and a great running back.

16. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

The Giants can’t trade down that far and expect to get any combination of those players. The only reason the Giants would trade out if the top 10 is if they don’t have any specific players targeted and are willing to “settle” with who is at those spots. That’s a huge risk when you have an opportunity to take a specific player that is considered one if the top players in the draft.

17. Peebag

Peebag Well-Known Member

I want him shot as well.

tbruner12 likes this.
  18. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

I think they can trade back and trade back into the top 10 if they need to. I can also see them doing something like they did when the got Eli. That was an amazing trade. SD graded Eli, they graded Rivers and worked the deal out after the fact. I think the Bills and Cards are desperate. The Cards may not have the Goods but I can see the Bills moving up to 6 and drafting Chubb and the Giants trading Rosen or Allen to them.

19. Seth

Seth Active Member

Lol at anyone calling Barkley a future HOF'er already. Mayfield/Allen can equally turn out to be franchise quality QB's. Face it, we're taking a QB. Anyone who thinks otherwise is fucking retarded.

20. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Seth, I get your point that we are desperate for a QB and a QB is worth more than a running back. Any NFL GM that has Mayfield or Allen rated ahead of Barkley as a pro-prospect is a dumb ass.

tbruner12 and stinkyB like this.