Steven A Has A Point

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Quinnenthebeast, Oct 24, 2017.

1. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

I have said it before but I will again, you have this strange assumption that Bowles would be picking him over McCowan :rolleyes:

2. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

Sure they might have won the last 3 games, or they might have lost those and the Jags and Browns game and been sitting at 1-7. It's all just guessing what he would have done. Do the Jets have a DeAndre Hopkins? Watson is getting sacked at an alarming rate, 2nd highest in the league, behind the Jets line it would be worse.

If Watson crashes and burns like RG III did after so many thought he was the next FQB they would certainly be in a worse spot. I'm just waiting to see what he does over a longer stretch rather than anointing him the second coming of Unitas after only 7 games.

Sure if you throw out a dozen names of players you want the Jets to pick in the 1st round it is easy to come back later and say, I knew it, while selectively leaving out the fact many of the others you wanted aren't doing jack.

3. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

How about Dak over Hack? MCC is Idzik #2. Me going back to 1965 when we made terrific picks like JWN, Snell, Boozer so on & so forth & since then or GMs each get a idiot ranking & I am jolted that to this day U can not see that :mad:

4. The Waterboy

So you are going to up the ante with a player that was passed over 134 times, every GM passed on him at least 3 times and some 4 times. I only remember 1 poster on this board talking about Prescott before the draft and it wasn't you.

K'OB likes this.
  5. JohnnyP123456

JohnnyP123456 Well-Known Member

So Deshaun is already at the level of Brady and P. Manning? Okay buddy

6. championjets69

Just cause he was passed over only shows that all the others GM in the league are as stupid as MCC is. A smart GM (not MCC) would have done his homework & drafted him instead of Hack. IMHO MCC should already be the ex GM of the NYJs for screwing up the Hack over Dak pick. JMHO

7. championjets69

Well so far he sure is. I'm sure U would agree that so far he has been lites out:mad:

JohnnyP123456 likes this.
  8. Laxg41

Laxg41 Well-Known Member

Greatest rookie start ever so yeah he could

9. Laxg41

Laxg41 Well-Known Member

He's already done better than any scrub we've ever drafted in the last 50 years.

10. The Waterboy

He could....be the GOAT? Crash and burn? Have a middling career without any other stand out years? Yep, he sure could be one of those things. We'll find out after he has played more than 7 games

11. Laxg41

Laxg41 Well-Known Member

It took less than 7 combined to figure out petty and hack are trash

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  12. The Waterboy

K'OB likes this.
  13. Laxg41

Laxg41 Well-Known Member

And? It's their job to judge talent before the NFL not mine. Jets have no qb and the fact you looked back at my old posts for ammo shows you are desperate to get leverage. I hoped and prayed hack would be the guy since I went to penn state. I admit my bias but he sucks. Deshawn Watson is the real deal so automatically Adams could be the next ed reed and Brian Dawkins all put together. He will not be able to have the same impact and Adams is my favorite jet. Great attitude, great leader.... not a franchise quarterback

ColoradoContrails likes this.