Start Petty week 1!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Hectorfor3, Aug 27, 2017.

1. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Looks like McClown is our sacrificial lamb errrr..starting Qb this week. Toilet will name Hack the back up (to keep Macc happy) and send Petty to the PS... (so he can get out of this Qb gulag I hope)

2. Gremlin

Gremlin Well-Known Member

If they exposed Petty, I wouldn't be surprised to see him picked up by another team as he's comfortably a mid-tier backup at this point.

3. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

If we place Petty into the practice squad he is a goner. Great for him, but it will suck big time for the Jets.

Cman68, NCJetsfan and HomeoftheJets like this.
  4. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

look folks mccown was going to be the starter anyway unless the penn state guy performed like marino....didnt matter that petty got hurt. of course hack performed like leaf so thats it.

so he likely makes it the 1st 4 games or so and then we'll see. look for petty to come in around game 5 and wing it.

i don't think we see hack until the last quarter of the season - which will likely confirm the top 1 or 2 draft spot.

its gonna be fun. LOL

Seriously folks - shame on the johnson's for fielding a kotite rerun in 2017. shame on them. they deserve the 20 buck ticket prices coming up.

Cman68 likes this.
  5. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

This is 100% what I was going to say regarding McCown. I was always of the opinion that there was no reason to play McCown, but the combination of Hackenberg's utter futility and Petty getting hurt has changed my mind. I am all in on McCown starting the season behind the worst OL in the league. Give Petty a game or two for his knee to completely heal, hopefully while the Jets at least swap out the worst of the worst of the linemen, and then bring him in in game 3 or 4, quite possibly because McCown has gotten injured anyway. To me Hackenberg has shown absolutely nothing to warrant him getting any shot until injury or Petty incompetence makes it necessary.

Cman68 likes this.
  6. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Why would they play Petty on the PS? That makes less than zero sense. Very few teams go into a season with just 2 QBs, and no smart team does, especially when they have the OL we have and our starting QB hasn't played a complete season in what, 13 years?

If Mac is truly that stupid that he want Hack at all costs and can't see that Petty is better, then I hope he's fired tomorrow, regardless of how any of his other draft picks turn out. If he's that blind or prideful and won't admit a mistake then he truly is too stupid to be an NFL GM.

7. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

You did mention "smart team".... :)

Is there anything in this current leadership's DNA that says they do smart things? If they are stupid enough to put Petty on the PS, let them go into the season with a 38yo loser and a raw Kid that's nowhere near ready. It would serve the Jets right if Petty goes to another team and becomes a top tier Qb.