Stanford sets NCAA record for beatdowns

Discussion in 'NCAA' started by ........, Oct 22, 2011.

1. ........

........ Trolls

NCAA record 10 straight wins by 25+ points with a 65 - 21 drubbing of Washington. No team since the start of the bowl era in, what, 1936 or 1937 has accomplished that. Boom.

Also, love the end of that MSU-Wisconsin game.

2. ToonWalker

ToonWalker New Member

Yeah, MSU/Wisconsin was classic.

I stopped watching Luck and Co. at halftime, ha.

3. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

those crazy smartypants.

4. ........

........ Trolls

It was mostly just jamming the ball down their throats in the 2nd half. Once the lead jumped past 30 points, Shaw was content to pound it. School record 446 yds rushing.

5. ........

........ Trolls

Should be interesting to see what happens if Texas Tech holds on. I still think Stanford Matches up terribly with Oregon, but they've looked more athletic this season. Last year's game frustrated the hell out of me. Nothing but stretch plays, swing passes, and screens, but Oregon was too fast. It's one thing I hate about college football: the vast discrepancy in speed and athleticism that exists sometimes often break games down to one dimensional gameplans.

I'd love to see this team keep firing on all cylinders and go lose to the SEC champ :)

6. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

I'd love to see what Luck would do against one of those defenses. That being said I think the Ducks get them. BTW the happiest team in the land right now might be the loser of the LSU/Bama game. Think about it...

Bama beats LSU in a close game, Oklahoma is now out of the picture, if they beat OSU then the Cowboys are out. Stanford should leap frog Boise and now the Badgers are out of the picture. If Stanford loses though does anybody think they'd take any other one loss team over the loser of that game?

7. ........

........ Trolls

Nope. If there are no other undefeated teams, it's Alabama LSU all over again. And it really should be.

8. Barry the Baptist

If the game in two weeks lives up to the billing they certainly should play again unless Stanford or Okie St run the table. I think these two are the best teams in the country by far so unless say Bama wins 44-17 they should play again assuming it's a bumch of one loss teams. Where it could get crazy is if say Bama beats LSU but loses in the SEC title game to somebody like Georgia which allows LSU to regain the #1 spot. That's actually what I'd be rooting for. Like my friend who is a Wisky fan said last night, there is no reason to watch any other Badger game this season because they're all meaningless after last night.

9. MSUJet85

MSUJet85 ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I think you guys are underestimating the early loss, if your scenario comes true and if Oklahoma wins out knocking out K St and OSU in the process they will be right in it all over again, if you are going to lose it is always better to lose early and storm back rather than allow the one loss to end everything

10. ........

........ Trolls

I'm not underestimating it. I disagree with BTB that Oklahoma is out of it, but I don't think they'd get in over a 1 loss LSU or Bama team. I doubt the pollsters drop them much, and the computers love both teams. A case can be made for LSU dropping in the computer rankings if they lose to Bama, but with the additional SEC games, I don't think it happens. It would take a monster win in the Big 12 Championship for Oklahoma to gain enough traction in the polls.

Oh, and as far as it ALWAYS being better to lose early, tell that to Oregon in 2001.

#10 ........, Oct 23, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2011
  11. Barry the Baptist

The big difference is that if LSU loses only one game it's likely to Alabama. I don't think the voters or computers would push them down far enough for Oklahoma to jump ahead of them but should Bama crush LSU or vice versa it that's a different story. Personally I'm pulling for Oklahoma State and Stanford to run the table and the winner of the LSU/Bama game to lose the SEC Championship Game. I want as much chaos for the BCS as possible and teams playing that you know the establishment doesn't.

Alabama > Texas Tech

BTW is it me or is Kansas St a great story? Bill Snyder is a miracle worker. That guy has shown he fucking knows what he is doing time and time again.

Between 93 and 03 they won at least 9 games every year except once and after running into problems in 04/05 and retiring he's rebuilt that program again. They went 4-7 in 09 7-6 last year and they are 7-0 right now looking like a 10 win team. I wouldn't be shocked if they beat either Okie St or A&M but I think they're in for a beat down this week but playing in Manhattan you never know but I think they'd have a better chance if Oklahoma hadn't lost last week.

12. RevisOfNazareth

RevisOfNazareth New Member

This is a Bama year. I can't wait to hopefully see what Luck can do against their defense. It will possibly be an indicator of how his rookie season will go.

13. ........

........ Trolls

It would be interesting to say the least. The personnel Stanford has makes his performance even more impressive. They're a team built to run the ball (which they do phenomenally well), a bit skimpy on WRs but stacked on TEs. 3 of his top 5 receivers are TEs, and he utilizes his TEs as well as Brady (although on the college level), spreading the ball around phenomenally. Watching him progress through his reads and seeing the accuracy on passes to his 3rd or 4th option is amazing. I really wish more people on here would watch him. It's been a great 3 years watching every game.