spam posts to view links

Discussion in 'Feedback & Suggestions' started by nyjetsrule, Sep 24, 2011.

1. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

many of us have become extremely frustrated with new posters who spam their way to 10 posts in order to view links. So my question is, is there a reason we force people to join and make 10 (usually non-contributory) posts to view links? Can we possibly just make this 10 post requirement go away? just again today we had 3 more threads bumped from years ago (that had no need to be bumped) just for a poster (mbsantos15) to bump up his post count to view links.

If there is a liability reason, thats perfectly acceptable. But I was curious. I think it would improve the board for the regulars if the new guys werent making garbage posts just to get to 10. No I don't disagree that creating 10 posts that don't appear to be spam isn't that hard to do. Unfortunately people still refuse to do it.

Another question, if we do need/want to keep the 10 post rule in effect to view links, is there anyway that upon signing up, the new poster receives an automatic PM that warns them about spam posts, and tells them they will be banned if they are found to be spam posting just to bump their counts up, for any reason.

I don't know if either option is feasible, but I have to believe it would make the mods job easier, and hopefully might remove some of the random threads being bumped for no reason. And hopefully we will no longer see threads derailed for

posts as well.

2. 624

624 Banned

It's so the new mods have people to ban and feel important.

3. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

Exactly.

4. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

During hardknocks last year, I was banning multiple newibies daily.

5. Angry Teste

Angry Teste Active Member

that was fucking hilarious!

I have no clue who the mods are now.

good question about the 10 post thing tho, i hope ur suggestion works!

6. colleen74

colleen74 Member

It's really not that difficult to make 10 posts that are actually relevant. I agree maybe a stronger warning may be a good idea upon joining. But if you can't think of 10 things to say that add a few of the numerous conversations going on... GTFO and good riddance.

7. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

I think is this why petro has it set that way.

It also prevents people from signing up and posting links to their on sites right away.

But really if someone is spamming ten posts just to see a link what are the chances they ever contribute anything useful?

8. guinness77

guinness77 Active Member

Thank you.
    I've been pointing this out for awhile.