Sources say Jets talking Abraham deals at combine - ESPN

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JetsTillDeath, Feb 27, 2006.

1. lightning

lightning Active Member

the combine wasn't going on two weeks ago

2. O'Brien7

O'Brien7 New Member

No shit. But we knew that Abraham was going to be traded. All of a sudden, it's breaking news at the combine?

3. lightning

lightning Active Member

:lol: i know...easy man easy..

4. O'Brien7

O'Brien7 New Member

:up:

Sorry. These threads get me worked up.

5. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Teams talk deals all the time when rules permit. I don't know why this should be news. Any good GM talks deals, in fact, he's not doing his job if he doesn't listen to any and all offers for anybody on the team. Nothing should be off-limits. Any team unwilling to listen to proposals has a fool for a GM.

I could report that the Jets are in talks for Vilma and probably be right about some conversation somewhere and at some time. It's like, even a broken clock is right twice a day.

6. JetsTillDeath

JetsTillDeath New Member

You knew Denver wanted to add a pass rusher two weeks ago:

-"Without specifically citing Abraham, Denver defensive coordinator Larry Coyer allowed at the combine that the Broncos hope to add a pass-rusher in the offseason. Despite statistically ranking No. 15 in total defense in 2005, the Broncos were 29th in defense versus the pass, and a big part of that was that Denver generated just 28 sacks, third fewest in the league. No Broncos defender had more than four sacks in 2005.
    "I know this about [head coach] Mike Shanahan," said Coyer. "There will be a move.""-
    I find this stuff interesting, not sure why you would think ESPN would not report this, their national, the rest of the country prolly has very little knowledge of the Abe situation. Do you have any opinions on what you would like to see happen with Abe? Denver is a viable suitor..since you knew this two weeks ago maybe you have conjoured up an opinion on the subject, i wouldd love to hear it.