Solomon Thomas

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Ozymandias, Feb 7, 2017.

1. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

Would anyone be pissed if we took another DL? I love this kid.

2. themorey

themorey Well-Known Member

He's an edge guy, so I'm afraid he doesn't fit the mold of our first round selection.

I don't know much about him but I see him getting love in the mock drafts. What is it you love about him?

3. Ozymandias

Just his relentless approach to his craft. Has a high motor, excellent spin move, gets off blocks quickly. I also love how quickly he transitions towards the play which you can see a few times in the video. An all around great tackler. I think he will be great.

If we move on from Sheldon (which is expected) I'd love to have Solomon

4. Ozymandias

5. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

I love Thomas, especially when I saw him against North Carolina, he jumped offsides a couple of times but for the most part, he won most of his one on one battles.

Eventually NC had to double team him just to slow him down. I believe he will be taken by the Giants. Not sure if he is worthy of a 6th overall pick.

6. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I'm sure that a lot of Jets fans would absolutely have a shit fit. He looks like a great player and since he goes to Stanford, he's smart.

The problem is, I think he's too heavy for 3-4 OLB, and is shorter than ideal for a 4-3 DE. Unless we're switching to a 4-3 full time, I don't see the point in taking him.

I did love seeing him maul Trubisky and the Tarheels, however. Thanks for that! LOL

boozer32 likes this.
  7. b.reyes16

b.reyes16 Well-Known Member

If Thomas runs in the 4.5-4.6 range that some scouts are predicting, I don't see why why we couldn't try and stand him up on the outside. I'm honestly getting pretty close to favoring the 4-3 at this point. It would help out Lee and give us some more options on the outside rush, considering the draft class. If Garrett were to fall to 6 and we didn't take him because of scheme, I'd lose my shit.

Red Menace likes this.
  8. RubenDias

RubenDias Well-Known Member

plz no solomon thomas and johnathan allen with elite safetys on the board Reuben foster derek barnett. So many ways we can go please not another DL

wewantsapp likes this.
  9. Red Menace

Garret is not falling to the Jets, he is going number one. Especially with Mack winning defensive MVP, Browns know they need, a Von Miller or Mack type of player.

I believe Thomas is going to be a good football player, however, no one looks at him like they did Leonard Williams, when you saw Williams on tape, he was dominant.

Can the same be said about Thomas?

10. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

He doesn't fit what the Jets are doing unless the Jets make changes to the philosophy.

11. JDeacon

JDeacon Well-Known Member

Can he play on the outside in a 4-3 defense? If our base is a 3-4 where does he fit with Mo and Williams?

Does he have the speed and bend to get around Nfl caliber tackles and get to the qb?

90% of those highlights showed him rushing on the inside in a 4-3 defensive scheme. I think he is going to be a good player in the nfl just not a good fit for where we are at with our team.

12. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

In the 4-3 he fits as a DE, but I wouldn't classify him as a speed rusher. Like a Mario Williams / Greg Hardy, but on a lesser scale. You maybe able to kick him inside too as a DT on certain packages. He does not project well in terms of the 3-4 defense. Too small to play 3-4 DE, can't play OLB cause he doesn't cover. Jets wouldn't draft this guy unless they ditch the 3-4 for good.

13. Ozymandias

Yeah a lot of the cons with him are size issues.

14. Ozymandias

Already calling them elite when they haven't played a snap in the NFL? Smh.

Red Menace likes this.
  15. RubenDias

I cant believe you guys even considering this pick its ridicolous with so many equal talented players on other positions

16. RubenDias

elite prospects not elite players

17. Red Menace

He is 6'3 275 lbs, he is also only 21, he will get stronger, as long as he does not bulk up to much, he can be a good DE on a team with a 4-3 scheme, that's why I believe the Giants will grab him, he has excellent hands, he is strong, and is not knocked off the LOS when engaged by an oline man.

Late first round or early second round but I believe he will produce at a higher level once he has a year of experience in the NFL.

He is no Leonard Williams, so I would not want the jets to select him with the 6th overall pick.

18. cgrec

cgrec Well-Known Member

Good player but if thats who the jets pick at 6 ill be very upset

19. Ozymandias

We are Jets fans we will all be upset with whomever we pick.

FJF, june19, ajax and 1 other person like this.
  20. cgrec

cgrec Well-Known Member

Touche