Soccer... Premier League, La Liga, Champions League and more

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by Brook!, Sep 23, 2018.

1. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

I must confess as a TV watcher nowadays the kick offs all over the place make life a little simpler for me but I agree that for a match going fan they are criminal, as is having the FA cup final at tea-time when there isn't even transport back north after the game has finished.

Still it is football and I will always be fan just to a little lesser degree, mind I was revved up on Thursday night lol

Brook! likes this.
  2. JohnnyP123456

JohnnyP123456 Well-Known Member

Does anyone have ESPN +? I see that it might have the Serie A rights over here so was wondering if any of y'all thought it was worth it.

3. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

I have ESPN 8, “The Ocho”. I can’t get enough of it.

JohnnyP123456 likes this.
  4. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Soccer​

[​IMG]
    "the beautiful game"

5. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Nope. Serie A is trash. English Premier League and Spanish La Liga is all you need to get your soccer fix.

JohnnyP123456 likes this.
  6. Brook!

Girls soccer is only a thing in USA. That is your problem not out problem. Deal with it.

7. K'OB

I thought it was big in the Nordic countries and it is improving in the UK, City leading the way forward as they get to use our mini stadia that holds around 7k, things were going well, with decent crowds until some bright spark decided that the womans game should also be played through the winter and at time clashing with the men's game or not leaving enough time to go to both games if you desired, it is like somebody really wanted to spike the success that was building up for the woman.

8. Brook!

Ugh. I was trying to defeat joe the soccer hater and you are giving him ammo. Lol

9. K'OB

I am still confused at what you are trying to do lol

I thought you were defending women's football :confused:

10. Brook!

Don't be. Born and raised American tough guy @joe took a shot at soccer by using a meme from women's soccer. I told him women's soccer is only a thing in USA and it is your problem to deal with. And you ruined it by telling him how women's soccer develops in rest of the world. :)

11. K'OB

Oh, sorry :(

12. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

Like a few of the guys here I support a smaller club, Tranmere. Based very near Liverpool so I grew up with all their insufferable fans when they actually were a great side - we are the best team ever, we have the best fans ever, we're just so knowledgeable, and belittling everyone else etc gets very tedious when you hear it every fucking day of your life. I developed an intense hatred of them a result. 28 years without a title isn't enough to teach them some humility frankly. You can already hear them going on about how great they are again.

Oh and Everton definitely hate them more. They more Liverpool haters than Everton fans in general. I can sympathize.

K'OB likes this.
  13. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

My Chaves boys with a THRILLING nil-nil draw with those hated Vitoria's of Setubal.

14. K'OB

Hell, I remember when Tranmere had a decent team with that ex scouse rush lookalike Aldridge upfront, always good for a few cup shocks, that seems a long time ago but at least you are back in the league now :)

MoWilkBeast likes this.
  15. donkey

donkey Well-Known Member

How old are you MoWilk? I only ask as our playoff semi final against you guys, especially the have Prenton Park, was immense. Steve Vickers is still liked by Swindon fans of a certain vintage.

16. MoWilkBeast

Old enough to have been there! Think that might have been the last game played at PP before it was rebuilt, but it might have been the year after. It was a cracking game though. Safe to say Swindle and their amazing self-dimming floodlights still aren't the most popular team for a few of our fans. Vickers was one of my favourite players.

17. donkey

donkey Well-Known Member

You guys were class after the game, when you invaded the pitch and came towards us, we didn't expect to be invited on to your pitch and swap shirts and scarves! There were many Rovers shirts and scarves worn by Town fans at Wembley. I will always remember that match with great affection.

As for the floodlights, we just ran out of 50ps.;-)

MoWilkBeast likes this.
  18. MoWilkBeast

I think both sets of fans were totally shocked by the fact our clubs were in touching distance of the top flight to be honest. The game was a lot more honest then before money destroyed its integrity. We wouldn't have fared any different than you did. 3 top 4 finishes in 3 years and never made it. And then I follow the Jets to compound my misery.

donkey likes this.
  19. Brook!

Let's just leave this here.

20. joe

joe Well-Known Member

No, just pointing out another example of America taking something (in this case 'soccer') and improving on it. . Above: Defender gets elbowed in the tits....her reaction:..hot....then returns the favor with a forearm shiver...totally hot move........then horse collars another opponent by the hair and lays her out---what's the problem?

it's a lot cooler than Luis Suarez biting men
    [​IMG]

let alone watching a bunch of sexually-confused, women-hating Galatasaray arsonists :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Dierking and Brook! like this.