So.......what do we do now?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Deathstroke, Jan 2, 2018.

1. Deathstroke

Deathstroke Active Member

I gotta be honest guys, like every last person here, I'm sick of losing, I want to get back to the playoffs and at the very least be a competitive team. It's been seven long years and I'd like to say we have a lot to show for it, but we really don't.

Anyway, what's the plan? We have a ton of cap and a lot of holes to fill. So do we get better on Offense? Defense? Spend money on Captain Kirk and Jimmy Graham?

Let's hear everyone's ideas!

2. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

QB is priority. Draft is crap shoot. Go after Kirk Cousins hard. If you lose out, see if there is another vet available. Worst case, bring McCown back and do everything you can to draft the QB you like.

We have 2 serviceable safeties and 1 very decent CB in Claiborne. Spend some money to bring a #1 corner to solidify the backfield.

D-Line : Let Mo go.

O-Line: Spend some money to strengthen the O-Line.

Bring in a WR that can play the slot and keep ASJ. Along with Enunwa Robby our receiving corps should be all set.

No matter what you do, bring in a QB that will give hope to this fan base. If McCown is under center without any promising rookie QB in the wings, Metlife will be ghost town.

Chrisiue likes this.
  3. Chrisiue

Chrisiue Well-Known Member

Have to go with Cousins, look how well he did with no running game and most of his line hurt all season, if they can draft Barkley great, if not go with Chubb, threesome of Chubb Powell McGuire and play action with Cousins should fix a lot of problems.
    Goff sticking it in Gurleys gut then pulling it out and throwing has made McVey look like a genius.
    Jenkins fine, receivers all set, o line draft 2 3 or 4 if pass rusher available use on one of these 3 picks.
    Get corner in Free agency, get Bowels a clock manager like Herm had.

Brook! likes this.
  4. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Just spend the money wisely.. I don't ask for much anymore but drafting BPA-D in the first round just isn't an option this time. They know what the needs are. What we don't know is if they have the vision to identify the right players and the right skillsets.

101GangGreen101 likes this.
  5. Faux machine

Faux machine Well-Known Member

Drink

Red Menace and Brook! like this.
  6. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

you got the wrong Chubb dude...Bradley Chubb DE would go top ten not the RB from Georgia

Red Menace and 101GangGreen101 like this.
  7. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

Chubb from North Carolina State.