So we got Sam! Mac looking line a genius. What next??

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BleedingGreen55, Apr 26, 2018.

1. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

After hearing him interviewed it occurred to me that someone else took his wonderlic test.

2. MeanGreenMachine88

MeanGreenMachine88 Well-Known Member

Give me a break

3. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

Going to interesting to see if Sam beats out McCown and starts on Monday night football. I’m guessing he does and we move forward with our shiny new FQB

boozer32 likes this.
  4. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I know how much you like Rosen, and for your sake, I'm sorry that the Jets didn't take him. Hopefully, Darnold will prove to be better in the long run, although I have my doubts.

5. NCJetsfan

I've seen an article today that is comparing Darnold to Rodgers! LOL

6. NCJetsfan

The first thing is you need to learn how to spell his name. It's "Darnold" not "Darnolt." Please don't be one of those guys who is still saying "McNown." ;):p

ColoradoContrails and LAJet like this.
  7. NCJetsfan

There's no way that we could have known that Rosen or any of the top 3 QBs would have fallen to us at #6. Don't be ridiculous! You're using hindsight.

8. NCJetsfan

Ignore the tool and maybe he'll go away. Anyone who would use a name like that has no class, little self respect, and isn't deserving of much respect from us.

9. NCJetsfan

The Broncos probably not taking Darnold at #5? Right! Dude, you're talking out of your ass. You have no clue what the Broncos would have done. There is absolutel nothing to suggest that they wouldn't have taken Darnold. The stiff they have is not a long term answer. Chubb and Miller form a fearsome pass rush duo, but getting a FQB is more important.

Trading up when Mac did was brilliant and it got us a top FQB prospect. That's all that matters. If he had waited, it could have cost us a lot more.

10. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Well said NC. Kudos to you and your assessment of Baker. You nailed the first pick. As much as I was a Rosen supporter I'm very comfortable with Darnold. I fear Rosen, while very talented ,has a higher risk of self-destruct in his make up, not to mention the margin of error for injuries is significantly smaller.
    Lets hope Bowles and Bates develop this kid properly.

11. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

thats why you dont trade up a month before the draft though. especially when you really have no idea whats going to be there. i highly doubt that darnold was their plan when they traded up so i have to thank the brownies for being dumber than the jets. sure it probably wouldve cost more day of but at least you know what is there. trading up blindly was never the smart move. that said i amhappy with the darnold pick. but id rather have rosen who i think will be the better qb andthe 3 second rounders.

12. NCJetsfan

Brook, with the exception of preseason, Darnold shouldn't see the field until the end of the season, so Bryant wouldn't have helped Darnold, much if any. We aren't going to the playoffs this season, need to save some cap space, and have young WRs that need to develop. No to Bryant.

Brook! likes this.
  13. NCJetsfan

The bolded is utter nonsense imo. There's no way that Mac or anyone could have known that Rosen would fall like that. Since it turned out that NFL teams didn't like Rosen that much, AZ got what amounted to a discounted fire sale price to move up to take Rosen. Let's see how long Rosen lasts in the NFL and how much success he has. I liked him too, and he was my 2nd choice, but with his injury history, frame and lack of mobility, I don't think he's long for the NFL.

14. NCJetsfan

You may wind up eating your words. Dorsey's a better judge of talent than Mac.

15. NCJetsfan

Mac and the Jets couldn't afford to gamble that one of the top 3 QBs (not including Allen) would drop to them at #6. They had to move up. It would have cost more to trade up later. Mac made the right move.

16. NCJetsfan

You don't know that. You guys using hindsight to try to back up your perspective are full of crap. Mac couldn't afford to gamble and hope that one of Darnold, Mayfield and Rosen would be there at #6. Too many teams need QBs. Get over it. It was a necessary move. Yes, it hurts not to have those two 2nd round picks, but even if we had them, the team wasn't going to become a playoff team this year and the rebuild done after this draft.

17. NCJetsfan

I agree, but we also still need a pass rusher. That is something that would help Darnold and the Jets offense. It would get them more possessions and opportunities to score.

18. FrontOfficeFanatic

FrontOfficeFanatic Well-Known Member

I will stand by my initial thread that Darnold and Rosen have the longest and most fruitful careers out of the five selected in the first round. I think their transitions will go a lot smoother thanks to the programs they are from and their ability to make reads (Rosen was better int hat department). In terms of the floor/ceiling argument, those were the two prospects that balance out the best. Dorsey picked Mayfield because of the culture fit, he's the type that wants to carry a team and set the culture of an organization. Darnold or Rosen would have been disasters their. Allen and Mayfield fit the bill culture wise and Mayfield was the more accurate and confident choice for them there. Dorsey made the right pick for the team that he manages. Is Mayfield a better prospect than Sam Darnold....I don't believe so. Time will tell.

19. NCJetsfan

Uh, Red, Goff didn't have immediate success. ;)

NYJFOREVER and HomeoftheJets like this.
  20. NCJetsfan

I disagree. They've already traded enough picks. They still have a lot of holes/needs. It wasn't a great WR class imo, and there may not be a even a good #1 WR prospect left. They don't need to take a RB this season. RBs can start as rookies. They can wait until next year to get a RB in the draft. Upgrading the OL or adding an edge rusher is much more important imo.

Red Menace likes this.