So the Jets & Giants play at the same time today again

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by WarriorRB28, Oct 28, 2018.

1. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

I remember that never used to happen then around 2010 they started to do it.

Now it's commonplace. They usually choose a week when it's a division rivalry game for one of the teams which makes it suck even worse. Giants-Eagles games seem to be a favorite of theirs today it's Washington I hear they're doing pretty good this season this would've been my first time getting a look at them but since my team is playing at the same time ...

The NFL just continues to do things to ruin the experience for the fans. JMO

2. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

I'm praying for the Giants to go on a 5 game winning streak

3. NYJ79

NYJ79 Well-Known Member

Probably all about the ratings/$$. Sticking them both on at 1pm lets them serve up a "better" game at 4. Now this week? Yeah I'd much rather be watching Rams/Packers than the Giants losing to the Skins.

EDIT: 10-3 Skins in the 4th. So far, you haven't missed much. Looks like the NFL made the right decision, ratings-wise.

#3 NYJ79, Oct 28, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2018
  4. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

This was actually common place up until around 1980 or so. Starting then the Jets and Giants would ALWAYS be at opposite times out of convenience for the NY viewing area. Now with direct tv, TiVo, and most importantly ratings ( as mentioned above ) it's becoming quite common again.

5. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

They did it again.

Patriots-Jets

Giants-Eagles

The biggest rival for each NY team. With the talk of the Giants winning out/stealing a division title I want to watch that game but I can't because my team is playing at the same time.

Always seems to happen when the Eagles & Giants play.

NY market split 50-50 again.