So much for your tank - Schefter thinks Darnold AND Rosen will stay in school

Discussion in 'Draft' started by forevercursed, Sep 16, 2017.

1. Kris 15

Kris 15 Well-Known Member

Well we'll probably suck in 2018 as well, so.

2. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

lmao... add 4+ year curve and we'll suck for about 6 more years!!

3. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

This is BS lmao

So I am all for education but there are legit online schools in today's world to get/finish a degree

So you have millions guaranteed on the table and you avoid a certain team??? The kid would have an idiot for an agent imo

Take another year in school to risk season ending injury ( or career ) and never get an NFL offer?? Hmmm ..lemme think about that

Look at Joey Bosa from OSU ..wouldn't sign with Chargers unless
    Millions were GUARRANTEED

A once in a lifetime lottery comes along and you say no I prefer to work for some other billionaire..well that's dumb

JMHO

ajax likes this.
  4. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

My sources say that Matt Leinart and Matt Barkley have advised Darnold that when he has an opportunity to be the top pick in the draft the smartest course of action is to stay at USC one more year. It can only help his draft status the next year.

HomeoftheJets, wampa, Brook! and 4 others like this.
  5. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Well f them...

Sure Sam...take advice from a couple of has beens

Rosen has got to be smarter

6. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Barkley came to mind immediately when thinking about Darnold not coming out. He was a projected top 8 pick had he come out early and fell to the fourth round and lost out on millions.

Leinart too because that was before he rookie cap.

Explaining this for those that did not pickup on your sarcasm by the way. :confused: IT seems like it went right over @NYJetsO12 's head.

Darnold has a better reason to return to school than Rosen does. To try to win a Heisman assuming he doesn't this year and if they do not get into the college football playoff, to try to get to the National Championship.

Rosen has zero reason to go back to school. UCLA had a 4-8 roster last year without him and an equally bad roster this year (even though they did rank in the top 25 recruiting classes this year). He also runs the risk of getting killed behind that suspect offensive line IF he even makes it through this season.

ajax, JetBlue and ColoradoContrails like this.
  7. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

If Rosen doesn't come out it will be because he's decided against a professional football career. I make odds about 3-1 in favor of him deciding to play football.

8. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Based on what? Myles Garrett, this years number one pick will make $30 million on his rookie deal over 4 years.

I'll be shocked if he passes that up. Especially considering that quarterbacks are so protected nowadays they are rarely in position to sustain traumatic head injuries.

9. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Rosen is looking to go into business as an entrepreneur, starting his own business. He wants to get an MBA and have all the knowledge and skills necessary to do that.

The survey of people who have started digital age businesses that turned into the next big thing says they all were much younger than a guy leaving a professional sports career.

I think he's got a balancing act ahead of him and he's already said that school and college football don't mix well. The next logical step is - will professional football and his desire to finish his undergraduate work and then get an MBA conflict as well?

10. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

I've never seen the point of "avoiding" teams. It's not possible to time your eligibility - particularly if you are #1 - with catching an elite team on the decline unless you are extremely lucky.

If you avoid the Jets in 2018, you'll probably catch the Jags/Browns/Jets in 2019 with a years worth of salary missing.

11. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

They might and they may turn to shit or get hurt. Peyton Manning did just that and Eli refused to play for the Chargers so that is an option too. In the end I think at least one of them comes out and maybe both if we waste no time at all firing the garbage running this team the day the season ends..or even sooner.

The real question is where will be picking. There are 8 0-2 teams right now and the giants are 0-1 before they play tonight. The garbage that has become the NFL doesn't insure at all that we will be picking in the top two spots especially with the picks both Buffalo and Cleveland have heading into next year's draft.

12. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

We're #2 right now.

13. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

So then we take Saquon Barkley then a QB in 2019 Draft.

We are gonna suck next year regardless if we get Rosen or Darnold.

14. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

It's a heck of a lot easier to open a business when one has capital with which to work and name recognition. He'd be a moron to stay in school and try to open a business straight out of college. I know his parents have money but probably not nearly as much as he would make in the NFL.

15. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

More than that my man.

By year 3 you are hoping it comes together. During that time the Jets are drafting in the top 10.

Having a mid to top tier QB and an all pro WR doesn't guarantee anything. Look at Detroit with Stafford and Calvin Johnson. They never won a playoff game.

As for Darnold and Rosen, like I said before, it would be absolutely counter intuitive to stay in school to dodge a team based on deficiencies they have in that time. No matter what, if they perform at a high level, they will certainly be taken by a team with equal problems in any draft.