So much for your tank - Schefter thinks Darnold AND Rosen will stay in school

Discussion in 'Draft' started by forevercursed, Sep 16, 2017.

1. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

Just to avoid the Jets.

This really illustrates the perils of tanking for a top QB. It's not a dumb thing to do if you play your cards right and end up with a true franchise QB. But what if your organization is so dragged through the mud and beaten up by the media that the QB you have your eyes on shuns you. And your plan B shuns you too. These guys are going to want to go where they want to go. And believe me you wouldn't want to be standing on the sidelines either as coach Benjamin Buford Blue decides to punt on a 4th and 6 from midfield with 7 minutes to go when we're down 9.

Congrats Jets. You've made yourself look so bad that not even your savior wants to save you.

http://www.businessinsider.com/sam-darnold-josh-rosen-skip-draft-adam-schefter-2017-9

2. ChrebetCrunch

ChrebetCrunch Well-Known Member

It's possible that one of them will stay in school. The odds that two kids waiting a year to become a multi-millionaire is very small.

NYJetsO12, NYJalltheway and FJF like this.
  3. Bellows1

Bellows1 Well-Known Member

and just as likely we will have a top pick next year, and the year after... These two will be very well educated if they're waiting to not sign with the Jets.

4. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

And the jets select, dr josh rosen md

5. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

I would stay in school and get my Masters and or Doctorate if it meant avoiding this organization and owner----smart kids .

6. DarrelleRevis.Human?

DarrelleRevis.Human? Well-Known Member

I don't think tanking for a QB was ever the goal in mind. However, who cares. Give me Lamar Jackson ALL day. Tune into the game tonight to see why, I have no doubt he will continue his ascent.

edit:
    Or if that doesn't materialize I just hope Sam Bradford looks unstoppable this year and Bridgewater makes a full recovery...

FJF likes this.
  7. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Just click bait. All unfounded speculation really. And there's still a looooooooong way to go before the draft.

That said, I could see Darnold trying to avoid the Jets, MAYBE. But Rosen? Not a chance.

NYJetsO12 and Sam Hammer like this.
  8. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

Right, I'm sure BOTH of them will give up #1 overall money.

NYJetsO12 and NYJalltheway like this.
  9. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

It takes a special type of insecurity to give credence to this type of nonsense. Because the team picking number one the following year is going to somehow be a better team than the one picking this coming draft.

zace, NYJetsO12, egelband and 6 others like this.
  10. donkey

donkey Well-Known Member

Well, we might be slightly better.

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  11. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

Why not? Schefter is credible. He's not just throwing this stuff out there if he doesn't have somebody reputable whispering in his ear that these kids wan't nothing to do with us. Things may change...but where there's smoke there's fire

12. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

Couldn't agree more.

The idea that a QB would stay in school just to avoid the Jets is ridiculous. Whether they come out this year or next, they will still end up on a bad team. That's how it works. Plenty of other teams have been there, what makes the Jets so much worse than all of them?

"Suck for Sam" isn't even a real thing. It's not a Jets campaign. That's just what fans are hoping for because we are starving for a franchise QB. The fact that he even asked Darnold about that planted the idea in his head that the Jets are doing it as a franchise, but it's just fans and their banter. The Jets are rebuilding, that's no secret.

I fucking hate our media so much. They are most definitely the problem. They actively try to make sure the Jets never succeed because it's better business for them. They can die in a fire for all I care. Shefter can go get bent with his "i hear they may possibly" nonsense. It's not even a given that the Jets have the #1 pick either.

#12 Sam Hammer, Sep 16, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2017
    NYJetsO12, egelband, JetBlue and 2 others like this.
  13. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

Fake news

egelband likes this.
  14. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

No way. In this new rookie deal, every rookie will declare to cash in as soon as possible. In 5 years, their 1 year salary will probably be in the range of 25-30 million a year. They will not leave that money on the table to avoid Jets. This is ultra dumb. I hate myself even for commenting on this.

egelband likes this.
  15. Greensleeves

Greensleeves Well-Known Member

When exactly was the last time the Jets had the #1 pick? Keyshawn was the pick a long time ago. It's the Jets fans that buy into the media that are worse than the media. We aren't anywhere close to being the worse team over the last 10 years AND New York is the media capital of the world where players can double their salaries through endorsements, etc. If a young QB thinks a team that has been to 2 AFC Championship games since 09 is the worst franchise, I wouldn't want them. Who wants a dumb QB? I can name over half the league that has been worse over this span. We're one year removed from 10-6.

PulseJet likes this.
  16. JetBlue

Clearly Darnold and Rosen are going to wait to enter the draft until they are able to be selected by the best team in the league not the worst team. In fact, they will probably deliberately play terrible next year to fall in the draft.

17. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

I can tell you with 100% certainty that both Darnold and Rosen could go back to school. Can I get Schefters job now?

#17 Attackett, Sep 16, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2017
    JetBlue and Sam Hammer like this.
  18. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Yea but they also could declare for the draft as soon as right now.

19. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

In related news, I heard the Jets might possibly win this Sunday. Zeus might possibly return to earth and kill us all. Shaftshifting reptilians might possibly be real. At least that's what I heard.

#shefterlogic

20. JetBlue

Threads like this keep schmucks like Schefter employed.