So Long Kevin Mawae?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by O'Brien7, Mar 1, 2006.

1. DonnieBaseball23

DonnieBaseball23 Active Member

Listen, it makes sense. They Jets really need to get younger now. And it's tough to see Mawae out the door, being he's been awesome on the field from Day 1 since he got here. But we're going to see a lot of favorites leaving soon...

Also, this gives us a chance to let some younger OL men via draft or what have you jump in and play...

2. JetTerp

JetTerp Member

Steven A. is a jackass, but at the same point, him and BT talk about the Jets ALL THE TIME! Steven A. hated Bradway, and was thrilled when they put Mike T. in charge. He does not know crap about football, but BT knows a good amount, and BOTH are Jet Fans. I cannot believe that Mawae is gone. I am sure they were both shocked, as it was the first DEFINITIVE news any of us have heard on Mawae. Let the rebuilding begin! It is an exciting time to be a Jet fan-

Fitz

3. 28rogerblaze51

28rogerblaze51 New Member

With all the cuts happening i doubt heavily if mangold will be there we have to act quickly and some how trade for either another first or a early second. And use our other second for a guard.

4. phubbadaman

phubbadaman Well-Known Member

Mangold isn't going to make it to the 2nd round. We'd have to get a real good 1st round pick in order to get him. I didn' tsee Mawae released on any sports news sites, but evidentl,y its on the radio...I live in maryland, so have no idea!

5. fenwyr

fenwyr Active Member

"Oh no, we suck again!"

6. QBKILLER94

QBKILLER94 New Member

I think it would be foolish to trade up into the first round to draft Mangold. He's a center and that's not a position worth trading up for. Most good centers are taken in the middle rounds. Mawae wasn't a first round pick.

I say we stay put and draft Mangold in the second round if he's still there. If not, then I say we go after Greg Eslinger of Minnesota. He's great too. He's mobile like Mawae is. He pulled out on sweeps for Lawrence Maroney all season. He'll be there in round 2 for sure.

#26 QBKILLER94, Mar 1, 2006
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2006
  7. MSUJet85

MSUJet85 ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Damn I was hoping we at least keep Kendall so our oline isn't in complete transition, and that we have the option of not being forced to fill all the spots on the oline at once

8. JOISEYJET

JOISEYJET New Member

Thanks for giving us your all KEVIN.. Good luck & GOD BLESS. Well I was on the fence about going to IRELAND in SEPT. bummed about missing a couple of JET games but since it looks like were just going to blow the whole season up no sense in spending money on the JET road trips this year ,except maybe GREEN BAY