So Long 2016.. We hardly knew ye..

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Cman68, Oct 9, 2016.

1. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Yeah, this season is all but done. At this point, there is no hope of making the playoffs and we haven't even reached mid-season yet. At this point, there is very little upside to playing Fitz, or Geno for that matter as neither guy is the future.

We have too much cash tied up in too few players so we're gonna have to flush these contracts at some point. Makes no sense to bring back Revis, Fitz, Geno. Makes no sense to keep on pretending that this team doesn't need a rebuild either. Whether Geno or Fitz starts, it won't matter at all in the big picture. Time for the Jets to move on into the future and if Marshall and/or Decker doesn't like it, let them go. Neither one of them are the future either.

Time for Woody and Mac to face facts. We have a deficit in talent. We have a deficit in coaching too. We are not even mediocre even with the "names" on the roster. We might not have to blow it up, but we do have to prune. Time to look at our younger players to see exactly what we have and for once, draft for need instead of BPA since we have truly pressing needs in quite a few areas.

Bowles should get one more year to improve or he has to go. Its not his fault he didn't come in and become the GOAT. He was yet another hire by Woody and yet another hire of a guy that had no experience doing the job he was hired for. He hired his buddy as DC and that is an absolute disaster.

We can't afford to have the next HC of the NYJ's learn as he goes. That shit just doesn't work for us. If Woody can't let go of hiring HC's, then he needs to sell the team to someone with better football acumen. Woody is a fan more than an owner. That's not good.

2016 is over and the Jets are now 47years without a SB . We're also 6 years out of the playoffs too. Unless Woody likes the sight of empty seats, something had better change between now and 2017 or else the planes and banners will fly again...

macbk, TNJet, NCJetsfan and 11 others like this.
  2. vokab206

vokab206 Well-Known Member

It really feels like this team is going to start over from scratch especially with the age at the key positions.

zace likes this.
  3. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

There is a nucleus of young talent but unfortunately it all seems to be along the D Line and nowhere else - this franchise is years away from being competitive (let's face it - you could look decades into the future and it will be the same ol Jets) - we need a couple of 1 or 2 win seasons in order to get a blue chip QB prospect and build from that - its a shame Mangold will never taste real success with this team - if I was him I would agitate for a move onto a SB contender for my final season or two and try to go out on a high (as he isn't going to get that with the Jets).

Such a shame to look forward so much to the season starting and then 3 or 4 weeks in realise that its just going to be yet another season of disappointment and implosion - I need to find a second team from the NFC to start following.

4. zace

zace Well-Known Member

They needed to. I said it last year that unfortunately they would overachieve and not make the changes they needed to, and i was right. Fitz never shoulda came back, we needed to move om from reviss money and they had to retool. None of which they did. Fitzpatrick is limiting this offense. He cant get it done. Sure he didnt thow a pick, but he tried to a few times.

Coaching is an abominatiomi mean an absolute abomination. There appears to be no game planning what so ever.

The defense is in shambles. Even when the backend held, the line got no pressure. Its only a matter of time before a reciever gets open.

Sweeping changes need to be made.

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk

FJF and Red Menace like this.
  5. Cman68

Time to face facts. Its midnight at Jets HQ and they need to make the hard choice. The team is at a crossroads and if they chose wrong, we'll keep on seeing this bullshit. No more splitting the difference. Either commit to a full rebuild, or get used to mediocrity. Their choice..

#5 Cman68, Oct 9, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2016
    TNJet, NCJetsfan and Peebag like this.
  6. jetfannerd

jetfannerd Trolls

Great post! I agree with everything other than Bowles returning.

There is no point bringing him back next year

NYJetsO12 and TNJet like this.
  7. hastygreen

hastygreen Well-Known Member

This is Rex's team defensively still. They are built to stop the run, IE no passrush. I'm sorry we put so much money into Wilk because he is not a passrush kinda guy. Williams is more athletic but in the same mold. Richardson is more dynamic but again in the same mold.

8. Cman68

The only upside to that is, you don't want the reputation as an organization with a quick hook. Makes it hard to recruit quality..

9. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

Bowles should absolutely not get one more year. He had the easiest schedule in the NFL last year and couldn't make the playoffs. The 10 wins weren't anything special. And this year he has been atrocious. And it's not just tactically he's bad, he has no feel for the game at all.

And I'd like to take this time to give a special F you to all the Fitz "he's our best chance to win" cheerleaders; I wish you all could be fired as fans too. I hope the 1 win you have is as exciting as you all imagined it would be.

King Koopa, Jets69 and Dierking like this.
  10. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

But we all know nothing will happen till years end at the very earliest and even then, I think it'll take 1-15 2-14 collapse to get rid of him. It's sad too because if the team is going to be bad, forget the 5-11 6-10 bs, lose as many as you can to get a better pick. Winning just enough In a down year only sets this team back.

11. greaser

greaser Well-Known Member

There ain't enough miracles in the world to cover these guys.
    Another wasted year as a Jets fan.

rohirrim665 likes this.
  12. Jetsfansince95

Jetsfansince95 Well-Known Member

Cman right the fuck on !!

Cman68 likes this.
  13. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

This coach does not have them prepared to play, this coach does not put his players in the best situation to succeed ,this coach still utilizes timeouts and Challenges poorly, this coach holds no one accountable no one gets benched and the DEF coordinator is still horrible but same ole same ole, this coach has no answers this coach does not make in game adjustments ( anyone see a blitz today or see anything to make Ben uncomfortable in the pocket ) sadly this coach is in over his head !

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  14. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

I agreed with the OP until you said Bowles deserves another year. After today neither he nor Maccaghan deserve another game much less a year. Mac created this abortion and when he came in he had about 60M to spend. Bowles after calling a time out with the clock stopped for the 2 minute warning and punting with 7 minutes left and down 11 points should be fired tonight.

15. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

yeah but what about the coaching? ;)

phubbadaman likes this.
  16. jetfannerd

jetfannerd Trolls

Lo
    Bowles will be a lame duck if he returns next year. We saw how that worked out with Rex.

Cman68 likes this.
  17. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

The Jets need to follow the Yankees' rebuild model which was the most thorough cleaning of houses I've ever seen.

TNJet, Jake, HardHitta and 2 others like this.
  18. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

No way in hell this guy deserves another year. He is clueless

19. Cman68

You have to have the appearance of continuity and/or stability Don or you won't attract quality candidates for either position. Its not like we would be hurt by drafting top 10 two years running either. Its not like we're on the cusp of a SB run anyway so why not let Bowles coach his contract out, then leave. What's the worst that can happen? We suck for another year and get another top 10 pick? This team as presently constituted isn't poised for anything other than a 8-8/9-7 season and that's if everything goes right. These ARE the New York Jets we're talking about and very rarely does anything go right.

We have nothing to lose by letting Bowles coach one last year. Who knows.. maybe the lightbulb comes on in 2017. If it doesn't, we get another High draft pick. Kinda like tanking without tanking.. :)

#19 Cman68, Oct 9, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2016
    nycarl and NCJetsfan like this.
  20. Cman68

Now I will add this to the conversation... If a Harbaugh comes available, you give him a blank check and a pen. Bowles can go to another franchise to complete his jedi training as a HC.

HAYN and CBG like this.