So Ivory 'needed a rest'

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NYJFan10, Jan 3, 2016.

1. AG3

AG3 Well-Known Member

Ivory can go fuck himself.
    Pussy.

2. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

RB's are a dime a dozen...I'm NOT gonna pay Ivory money to stay when Powell likely can be had for much less. Go grab a north and south runner with power to replace him. Ivory isn't a 3rd down type back, he's not a good pass protector and has suspect hands...that's a role he's not use to playing. Go get a young kid to run the rock, sign another vet as the 3rd RB and go from there.

of course if you can get Elliot or Henry that's a big time get but I think the Jets may go for other pressing neeeds and get a RB later in the draft...someone like a Alex Collins will be around for the 3rd round and later.

Paul Perkins fits the Powell role so doubt he will be an option.

#62 Mogriffjr, Jan 4, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2016
  3. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

They did try to give Powell the ball early in the year to keep Ivory fresh. Powell got more carries in September and October than he did the rest of the season. At the time I remember people saying "where the fuck is Ivory"

Powell averaged 11 carries a game and around 5.5 targets in the passing game in September. During the 5 winning streak he only got 5.5 carries a game(nearly half as much) although they used him in the passing game slightly more, around 7 targets per game.

Powell got hurt in october and missed half the damn season. But his usage was around the same the whole season when he played it just looked like he was featured more late in the year because he played better football.

With Ivory, something has got to give. I like the way the guy runs hard but this team has got to make tough contract decisions and perhaps unfairly because he's a RB, I'd put him on less of a priority compared to some of the other places. They can find a guy who runs hard in the draft and maybe that player being younger, with better vision, won't run out of steam by november. In the meantime they can use their savings on the offensive line so they can actually open some holes for once

4. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

He wasn't injured because he had that useless carry to end the half

5. JetLifeLo

JetLifeLo Well-Known Member

It's weird...after the houston loss Todd Bowles said we're going back to simplified game plan... and we did, and ripped off 5 straight... why did we back track in such an important game!!

6. BrowningNagle

besides it being the 1st loss after the Houston game, what leads you to believe they didn't use a similar simplified game plan yesterday?

I am not necessarily saying you are wrong it just looked to me like the staff called the game the same as they have been the players just couldn't execute it.

7. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Different opponent, different matchups.

Buffalo's D is based around a heavy DL that gets decent pressure on the Qb and is hard to run up the gut on. With the problems at RB I wonder that the Jets might have tried to run a pass heavy hurry up O that would make it problematic to substitute. But in general the approach of the CS in this game mystified me.

In fairness Gailey has had some very good games this year. But yesterday was not one of them. The game plan on O and the playcalling were not good.

8. FlaJet

FlaJet Well-Known Member

Coaching and st's are what really lost this game...IMO:(:(

MexicanJet, MJK and matt robinson 17 like this.
  9. BrowningNagle

again I gotta disagree on the game plan for the most part. I thought they called the game fine, and game planned very similar to how they have been during the winning streak. The big problem was execution. On offense particularly by Fitzpatrick who was awful and the offensive line.

I don't believe I am an expert or anything but yesterday I was at the game in great seats and I could see the whole field. The WRs were running open, sometimes wide open all game!!!!!

That tells me they had a good gameplan and were calling the right plays. There were numerous times were Fitzpatrick just missed these guys horribly. I understand it was windy (1st and 4th quarter) but he was way off all game. Also, the offensive line got fucking manhandled. They couldn't open holes and some of the times when the receivers were open Fitzpatrick couldn't deliver because he was getting smacked.

If I am going to criticize the offensive staff I would criticize them for 2 things. 1) in the 2nd and 3rd quarters when we had the wind they should picked up the tempo. the players were sleepwalking a lot, a simple hurry up in those situations might've lit a fire under their asses.
    2) they ran to the perimeter too much. These Jets are weak at the perimeter on both sides of the ball. The Offensive line wasn't blowing open holes by any means in the middle but at least we probably could've gotten some yardage on first down instead of losing yards a lot by running the perimeter. maybe at 3rd and 6/7 instead of 3rd and 10/12, they could've picked up some more

10. jcass10

jcass10 Well-Known Member

My guess is he was hurt.

Maybe Bowles knows Ivory wont be back, but doesnt want Ivory's contract to suffer in FA with another team.

11. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

That POS's 21 yard punt out of the end zone started the ball rolling

FlaJet and MexicanJet like this.
  12. AG3

AG3 Well-Known Member

He looked great in all his runs. Suck it up and play hurt.
    He's a pussy and I hope they cut him.

13. JetLifeLo

JetLifeLo Well-Known Member

Not to me.. We didn't do many screens.. none of the pick plays that been working so well for Enunwa were called that much.. And the fact that we didnt run the ball just killed me.. and when we did run it was out of shotgun again like i thought we were over that bullshit man...

I can't knock the play calls in the redzone when we were down 2... i seen what Chan wanted to do.. Fitz was supposed to hit Ivory on that screen pass regardless if it were to be a short gain or not.. 2nd down and down 2 points in the redzone u just dont throw it up into a big crowd of Bills ... FUCKKKKKKKK

14. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

Special teams is what put us in the hole all day long. If this isn't addressed then expect the same result as yesterday.

15. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

I think Ivory has awful conditioning habits. If he wasn't hurt, he would've stayed out there with his helmet on. Instead each time he came off the field, he was quick to take his helmet off.

16. GangGreen1960

GangGreen1960 Member

I think Ivory missed the entire Philly game, although he was active. That accounts for more carries for Powell. I also think Stacy had a couple of good plays for a #3 back. At least he was better than Ridley. I recall he had a TD vs Miami and was used in the running and passing game. If he stayed healthy it would have taken a bit of the workload away from Ivory and Powell. If we let Ivory go and bring in another RB, we still need to split the carries between the backs. If we draft a RB Powell get a lot of carries. We most likely won't be lucky enough to find a Gurley type of guy in this draft. We should have kept CJ. He is having a huge year in Arizona. Too bad that Rex's staff didn't use him properly.

17. DaBallhawk

DaBallhawk Well-Known Member

Chan being Chan.

Cman68 likes this.
  18. Andy_M

Andy_M Well-Known Member

The offensive line played like dogshit all day and the defense couldn't get off the field to save their own ass. You can stop right there. Most of the other problems stemmed from those two. Coaching made its contribution too, but the game is won or lost in the trenches, and this team sucked in the trenches yesterday.

19. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

Looks like Bowles finally addressed this on his way out the door. Yuck.

rohirrim665 likes this.
  20. donkey

donkey Well-Known Member

Ffs