So is this finally the end of the patriots dynasty?

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by GasedAndConfused, Feb 5, 2018.

1. Jets_Grinch

Jets_Grinch Well-Known Member

I moreso meant the media not putting up with his shit anymore as the tipping point. It's all a huge grind coaching in the NFL and at some point he will wake up and realize whats left to do? he has his money, his legacy is pretty much set in stone. After decades in the league it all has to be adding up. I'm sure it was much easier when people refused to question you for 20 years but as of yesterday that has changed. I also, suspect he is getting close to the end with all this mcD Indy shit. Can't see McD screwing Indy if HC of the pats wasn't imminent.

2. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Belichek's daughter is the lacrosse coach at Holy Cross. I see him sliding in there as the AD or something like that soon. He was a huge lacrosse guy when he was younger.

3. MurrellMartin

MurrellMartin Well-Known Member

If Brady plays like he did on Sunday, or like he did all season, they're far from ending.

They'll likely win the AFCE next season, as usual, and then come playoff time, we'll see.

KWJetsFan likes this.
  4. Patriot

Patriot Well-Known Member

5. Patriot

Tony I studied the video, it sure does look like an illegal formation with only 6 men. However the receiver Jeffrey even though he is about 1 1/2 yards from line of scrimmage; he is actually ruled as the 7th person. Why because he checks with the official and gets the ok. Receivers are given this break by the officials to prevent them from being offside. That fact you noticed this is amazing.

On the Clement TD the Refs viewed the exchange from one hand to the other hand as being in control. I disagree and agree with you. But I am not going to use this as an excuse to why the Pats lost. Winners win even when they get bad calls or not calls going their way.

6. Patriot

You simply don't get it and Tony was trying to tell you the same thing. Belichick like Parcells has no respect for the media. Unlike Parcells who would entertain the media and tell them nothing, Belichick tells them nothing and as doesn't even bother entertaining them at all.

He will continue getting away with this because Patriot nation believes in "Bill we trust". Besides the media can go blank themselves, especially the national media who are all a bunch of fake news.

7. Patriot

Lets see what happens in 2018 and will this thread even be going then?

GasedAndConfused likes this.
  8. Jets_Grinch

Jets_Grinch Well-Known Member

You clearly did not read my post. Please reread the entire post and realize that the media not putting up with his shit anymore i mentioned as the straw that broke the camels back. There are a number of reasons to believe he is close to retiring, now throw on top of those for the first time ever he is truly being questioned. "In Bill we trust" just cost the team a ring and traded off a franchise QB for peanuts. The media won't put up with his shit forever, especially if he continues to make the wrong call. That on top of EVERYTHING ELSE could lead to him hanging it up.

9. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

I can see the illegaI formation not getting called. It's fairly common and as you said, at the line judges discretion. Jeffery may very well have checked his location and been told it was good.
    The Clement call was bad, that is not a TD in any game the past 5 years. I understand that the league intends to modify the catch rule. However, you don't modify it unofficially during the Super Bowl.
    There were other calls that were clearly missed , Gronk pushing off at least twice, the hit on Hogan on the hail Mary. No sacks for 4 quarters (strip sack at very end of game) , yet not a single holding calls. Has that ever happened in an NFL game before?
    I agree the game was not decided by the officials, and credit you for admitting as much.
    I just call it like I see it ,and the calls definitely went the Eagles way.

10. shasta01

shasta01 Active Member

James White signed a contract extension last year and Butler was never going to be re-signed.

11. shasta01

shasta01 Active Member

Among football fans there's a common saying, "If Jet fans knew anything about football, they wouldn't be Jet Fans". Every year they come up with new reasons that the Patriots will crumble the next year, it's always, "this coach is gone or that player was let go. B.B. cut this one or traded that one", you would think that jet fan would understand the difference between what they hope will happen and what history has shown will likely happen by now. Let me help you out, The Patriots will go out in FA and the draft, re-load wisely and proceed to putting up 12-14 wins while competing for the highest seed in the playoffs. Sorry to spoil the surprise for you.

12. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

STFU troll

13. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Until Brady & Belichick retire and then you’ll be an Eagles fan.

CotcheryFan likes this.
  14. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Look. You are on a Jets board. And your posts are border line trolling. My suggestion. Either tone it down and provide quality insights or you won't be here long. Please look at @Patriot . Great poster. Please be like him or you will be banned. Your first and last warning.

15. shasta01

shasta01 Active Member

Fair enough, but if you notice I'm responding to inflammatory posts not starting them.

16. Brook!

Inflammatory? You realize this is a Jets board and we hate the guts of everything Pats and Boston. This board is not an unbiased platform. We are all here to talk Jets with passion and hate the Pats with passion. If you have a thin skin why did you sign up to a Jets board? I love opposing fans on our board and believe they show the quality of the board. But please tone it down and don't jump to any inflammatory comment about Pats. You will see that we have great football minds here where you can discuss football and other things.

CotcheryFan likes this.
  17. shasta01

shasta01 Active Member

Understood and likewise I hate everything Jets and Jets related, so we do have common ground in a sense.

18. Brook!

Good. Keep on hating. That's what a good fan does. But don't forget this is a Jets board and we won't tolerate degrading things about Jets as it would be like yelling fuck Brady in a Pats bar. Don't make our job difficult please and please challenge us with your views but do it respectfully.

19. shasta01

shasta01 Active Member

I've been a fan since Grogan and Eason, I had to suffer through watching Tommy Hodson QB this team, so I'm no fair weather fan, but those of you that expect that the Patriots to become the Jets once B.B. and Brady are gone are in for a sad wake up call. As long as the Krafts own the team, we will be well taken care of as fans. Wining for them is important, unlike some other NFL owners I could mention.

20. shasta01

shasta01 Active Member

Fair enough.