So is this finally the end of the patriots dynasty?

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by GasedAndConfused, Feb 5, 2018.

1. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

I know as jet fans we pretty much hope for this every year. Brady isn't getting any younger (but not getting any worse somehow either) but on top of that gronk may retire which would be a huge blow. they just lost a SB. bellichick had his star CB benched the entire game and nobody knows why still (could he really have done it to hurt the CBs value in free agency? would be be that petty?) both his coordinators are gone to coach other teams (colts and lions) and there seems to be a rift between bill, brady, and kraft.

#1 GasedAndConfused, Feb 5, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2018
    NYJetsO12 and Jets_Grinch like this.
  2. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Well, at some point the devil does have to come and collect the souls he's been promised.

3. Jets_Grinch

Jets_Grinch Well-Known Member

The cracks in the foundation are showing. Brady's age is starting to creep through. Belly took an ego driven risk on personal and it blew up in his face. Gronk thinking about retirement makes me think he sees the writing on the wall and isn't sure it's worth further physical harm as the ships going down. Kraft looked like he is having trouble with reality creeping in. I suspect last night will be seen as tipping point on this "dynasty"

4. Jetsfansince95

Jetsfansince95 Well-Known Member

If Gronk is done and the coaches leave not to mention James White and Malcolm Butler leaving in free agency who knows

5. playtowinthegame

playtowinthegame Well-Known Member

Brady didn't
    Brady is getting up there in age but he sure as heck didn't show it throwing for over 500 yds and 3 tds for the Patriots last night. If the Pats D wasn't so atrocious last night the Pats may have won a 6th championship. I do think it is over for them winning Super Bowls though. It's so hard to sustain that level of excellence in today's salary cap driven NFL. That's what makes Brady and Belichick's run so impressive. Hope it's finally the Jets turn to have a run of excellence. On other side, it's got to be painful for Patriots fans to see the end on the horizon. I imagine the longer the run the harder it is to see it come to an end.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  6. Jets_Grinch

Jets_Grinch Well-Known Member

I disagree, Brady has clearly lost a step or two and does not have the same touch downfield. I'm not saying he isn't still good, last night showed that, but the affects of father time are starting to show and have been more apparent throughout the season.. I suspect he takes a further step back next year and would question if he plays in 2019 as i assume he will try to retire before he really stumbles. It's like a tobaggan, you pick up steam as you go. Brady is on his way down the mountain and it will only excelerate as time goes on.

Br4d and NY Jets68 like this.
  7. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Pats haven’t lost 7 games in the regular season since 2002. The Fan base is beyond accustomed to winning.

There is going to be a healthy dose of COPE for their fans soon.

dogg, CotcheryFan, NYJetsO12 and 3 others like this.
  8. Since1969

Since1969 Well-Known Member

Let's not be too ready to shovel dirt on their grave, but there are signs of trouble:

1. The Garropolo trade (Sorry, it still doesn't make sense that they'd let him go for what they got back);

2. The Malcolm Butler benching;

3. Gronkowski's talk of retirement;

4. The silent treatment on whether Josh McDaniels is really going to the Colts; and

5. Reports that Kraft, Brady and Belichick will meet this week to resolve "issues."

It sounds like trouble could be brewing in Foxboro. Could be a false alarm, but stay tuned.

#8 Since1969, Feb 5, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2018
    NYJetsO12 likes this.
  9. SOXXX2

SOXXX2 Well-Known Member

The last two times they lost the Super Bowl, it took them years to get back. In general teams that lose Super Bowls, devastate their franchise.

This could be the last time we see the Pats in the Super Bowl, but I dont ever doubt them anymore.

10. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

I sure hope this is Curtains for all of them...

The Legacy: A Brilliant HC who still HAD TO CHEAT, Cry Baby QB..but prob in tie for GOAT with Joe Montana, Krafty owner who greased the wheels for getting his guy, the NFL commissioner overpaid millions ...

All prob going to Hall of Fame..

tbruner12 likes this.
  11. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

AHAHAHA

My favorite RPG online game: Diablo, Reaper of Souls

Maybe they have NE Patriots edition..tell me Gronk isn't scary???

Jets_Grinch likes this.
  12. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

I hope so but not quite yet. Brady and Belichick will be back in 2018. However I have a sneaking suspicion that next year will be the last for both of them

I also think next years AFC will not be quite the cakewalk for them that this year that it was last year. Especially if Gronkowski retires.

Jax and Pitt will be back and hungry. We'll be better though not a threat yet. Denver and Miami you figure will be pretty good. Bills could take a step forward. Figure Raiders rebound

13. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

#waitingonthehellhoundssince2007

MoWilkBeast and donkey like this.
  14. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Butler must have done something to get benched other than not re-sign with the Pats.

It makes no sense that Belichik would bench him for a non-football/non-disciplinary reason. That's because the people who will know why Butler got benched all sit in the same locker room and if he was benched for a spiteful reason Belichik would pay a real price in that locker room.

15. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

To say it's coming eventually is of course easy and obvious, but the last couple of games show it's coming to an end sooner rather than later, since they put together two straight performances with lots of holes in them. The teams in the AFC East has done them a ridiculous favor for the last 16 years by putting up virtually no fight for the division title - a free pass to a second round home playoff game is pretty nice, year after year. I bet if they lost a wild card game both TB and BB would retire, but if they lose again in the Super Bowl I'm not so sure. Bortles' injury to me is a real gift to the Patsies, since it makes it almost impossible for Jacksonville to replace him with someone a lot better. Given that, New England still has to be favored to get to the Super Bowl next year.

What is much more true, I think, is that their chances of beating the NFC team are getting less and less. Philly, Minnesota, and Los Angeles are already right there, and San Francisco might not be far behind if Garoppolo is as good as he appears to be (Brees is almost as old as TB, so I can't point to the Saints for the future).

Of course, none of this means anything until free agency, which will no doubt change a lot of things.

16. forevercursed

To be honest yesterday the Eagles looked more like the Patriots than the Patriots. With a backup QB and the team battling the flu.

They have a solid franchise top to bottom, getting Wentz back next year. Repeating is exceedingly hard but they are very well positioned to kick off the next dynasty

17. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

An amazing statistic is that the last Super Bowl loser to get back to the Super Bowl the next year was the 1992 Buffalo Bills. That's 25 years, people!

18. forevercursed

And were promptly slaughtered by the Redskins in the most lopsided 37-24 game you'll ever see. Also think Thurman Thomas missed the start of the game because he couldn't find his helmet on the sideline.

19. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Can’t wait for him to sign somewhere so he can speak up about it.

Br4d likes this.
  20. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

Even if the Pats are starting to slip I still think they win the AFCE next year. Who out of the Jets, Bills, and Dolphins will stop them. Like the poster above said the teams in this division have not challenged the Pats at all these past 16 years. Next year NE will beat up the division and probably end up with 11-12 wins. What they do in the playoffs against good competition remains to be seen.

joe likes this.