So I guess the Pats are favorites now...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by srqman1, Jul 29, 2011.

1. RunLeonRun

RunLeonRun Active Member

does it matter who the pre-season favorite is?

2. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

calm down. you think we are done? hahahahaha. tanny is going crazy right now on the phones.

3. PinPointPenning10

PinPointPenning10 Well-Known Member

I know, though to be fair the media probably would've been the same way about us if we'd gotten Nnamdi. IMO, Haynesworth and Ocho were good moves for the Pats, they deserve credit and they will make them a better team. But beyond that, the media can say whatever they want, and all that matters is what happens on the field.

4. dthomas53

dthomas53 New Member

Minimum post count to make a thread desperately needs to be raised...

5. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

shitty post in other thread makes shitty thread.

6. Greencoloredglasses

Greencoloredglasses New Member

The Eagles still are not better than GB or NO IMHO

7. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

I agree. This no respect bullshit is just that, bullshit. The Jets are playing big time football with the big boys now, and were one game from the SB two years in a row!

Taking offense to every blog or comment that doesn't pick the Jets to be the kings of football is juvenile.

For every article that strokes the Pats you'll find one doing the same for the Jets. That's just the way it is, and it doesn't mean jack shit either way. The games will be played on the field.

8. RKO

RKO New Member

Am I the only one who sees the irony here?

I'm reading people posting, and I quote "does it matter who the pre-season favorite is?"

when I kept reading on the Asomugha threads that if we were to acquire him, we would be superbowl favorites and shoe in for winning the big game.

oh the irony...

9. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Favorites for regular season maybe but we saw what happened in the playoffs.

They don't intimidate me at all. We have the Rex factor which is huge

10. Ulrich

Ulrich Member

These are media talking points. Coming up with new, innovative, thoroughly researched analyses would just throw people off: the sweet spot is debating "what people expect us to say", for and against. If the Jets win the SB, these guys will turn on BB and the Pats in a heartbeat: over the hill, outdated, overrated, complacent, etc. ESPN will become much less annoying.

All that's left to do, is, well, win the Super Bowl.

11. Brunell's Debt

Brunell's Debt New Member

The Pats deserve to be the favorite. We knocked them off their pedestal in the postseason last year, but a 14-2 regular season record is nothing to sneeze at. There's no reason to believe that they won't be a 12 win team again this season.

That's not to say that the Jets don't have a shot at the division (assuming that we fill some holes over the next few days we will definitely be in the race for a top 3 seed.) I'm just saying that even if the Pats get nothing out of 85 and Haynesworth, they are an impressive club.

Wanna feel better about the AFC East? Just take a deep breath and remember that the Dolphins are about to have a QB battle between Chad Henne and Matt Moore.

12. Calikid

Calikid New Member

I don't like the moves we made. I don't think their skills are still there and I can see them bein locker room distractions. Right now I'd say the Jets are the favorites.

13. ToonWalker

ToonWalker New Member

Not as unbearable as your tear-stained, faggoty posts.

14. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

Well,they certainly got loads of head from Cowturd all day today. I really don't care that signed 2 headcases,just like i don't care that Miami signed Bush. If we can get Edwards and Cro back i will see us as the favorites

15. srqman1

srqman1 Tired of BS

fuck. You.

16. My question is, will every anti-Jet reporter out there who spent all day today talking about how much Aso would be a mistake for the Jets say the Jets got lucky not to get him, or will they do 180s and bash the Jets for not landing him?

My guess is the latter.

17. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Patriots will always be the national media favorites. If the Jets sure up some key positions (WR, DE, CB) they should be fine.

18. fltflo

fltflo Active Member

I don't give a fuck if every NE residents Grand mother is the favorite, I don't give a fuck for all the media asshole who kiss Brady's rings and lick his Balls....... I don't give a fuck if they go 14-2 this season, as long as the 2 are loses to the Jets and we are left standing in the end, while Brady and Bill go to Flordia to play golf in the warm weather and watch the playoffs and Super bowl from there...

As Westoff might say

Fuck New England

#38 fltflo, Jul 29, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2011
  19. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

The Patriots are my favorites if Brady has a season like he did last year (36 TD, 4 Int.)

The chance of Brady having a season like that again are next to impossible so im not worried. Brady will regress and Sanchez will improve just wait and see.

20. The Pats would be favorites no matter what. Their entire roster could be replaced by corpses, and they would be lauded as the favorites.