SO! How ya feeling after the draft?

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Jedi mind tricks, Apr 29, 2017.

?

Your feelings about the Jets post draft...

1. Feeling the same

13 vote(s)
    40.6%
  2. Feel things are worse

1 vote(s)
    3.1%
  3. Feel things are better

18 vote(s)
    56.3%
  1. Jedi mind tricks

Jedi mind tricks Well-Known Member

Where we at? Hard to know what to think

2. hastygreen

hastygreen Well-Known Member

Hopefully this seals up our back end on defense. Unfortunately it does nothing to address the fact we still have no pass rush. Those poor kids are going to have their work cut out for them.

3. JulesWinfield89

JulesWinfield89 Active Member

its gonna be a long season. or a short season depending on how you look at it

4. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

It feels the same, as in "Doing the same things over and over..."

westiedog1 likes this.
  5. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

Feeling better as Mac pretty much ensured a high 2018 draft pick and Bowles' firing and maybe his as well. So there is a silver lining.

6. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

Woody was right there in the draft room so he must have been okay with Mac's strategy. Odds that this draft plus FA signings is going to produce a winning season are very long. So you have figure both Mac and Bowles are safe for this year and next. At least that's the way I look at it.

FJF likes this.
  7. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

8. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

I'm just sad it's over. No more melt downs over how the picks are the worst ever and no more pie in the sky exclamations about how the pick is a sure fire HOFer.

Of course it's just a lull until training camp starts.

TwoHeadedMonster and FJF like this.
  9. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

before you know it someone will be carving the bust of random camp arm who has been connecting deep to practice squad wr over future insurance agent on the 2nd practice field. Just hang in there another 2 months

10. TwoHeadedMonster

TwoHeadedMonster Well-Known Member

Same things over and over?

The Jets go into every draft with Pass Rusher as the biggest need and come out of every draft with Pass Rusher as their biggest need.

The Jets go into every draft with Pass Rusher as the biggest need and come out of every draft with Pass Rusher as their biggest need.

Oh, and Quarterback.

At least there are two good safeties on the roster--that's only been missing from Jets rosters for a decade. You can't tell me seeing two legit safeties out there isn't a nice change from the likes of Eric Smith (possibly black?) and Hank Poteat.

11. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

It is still a total shock to me that the jets ALWAYS ignore OL in the draft and just play retreads on the OL. A football team needs FIVE OL per snap but generally only TWO WRs, TWO CBs, and TWO safeties per play. The jets have a poor OL but draft TWO MORE WRs when they already have a surplus, and FOUR DBs. I thought Adams and Hansen were good picks but we will never make the playoffs under Mike Mac and his theory that you never take an OL in the draft prior to round 5 (and none at all this year). So what if the draft did not have a premiere OLineman, other teams found plenty to draft.

12. FJF

This sums up how i feel

13. Jedi mind tricks

Jedi mind tricks Well-Known Member

I don't know how several regimes have come and gone and none of them have seemingly even tried to get a (edge) pass rusher. It's MIND BOGGLING.

14. FJF

Mangini tried, signed pace and drafted gholston.

15. JethroTull

JethroTull 2018 Least Knowledgeable Poster

The problem with edge rusher in the 3-4 is that those guys are very difficult to project. Most of these guys play with their hand in the dirt in college and have to essentially change positions/drop into coverage in the 3-4.

I was very upset when we drafted Coples over Melvin Ingram, but if you look at Ingram it took him a few years before he became a productive starter.

16. jetlife21

jetlife21 Well-Known Member

I loved this draft honestly and will remember it for Mac double dipping at a position three separate times and working the phones like a madman.
    Adams is a day one starter. Maye was one of the best picks available. If I'm going to be upset about passing on Dalvin Cook I might as well get pissed about not drafting Joe Mixon since he's the better player. Sounds like we took character issue guys off our board which may be smart long term, we'll see.
    I've fallen in love with both Hansen and Stewart since the selections. This could be Decker's last year not that I'm pushing him out the door but these guys might. We have to be a good 6 or 7 deep at the position now not even counting the disgraced Devin Smith.
    Waiting til the 5th for TE made sense since the class was so deep. I was a fan of Jordan Leggett but it also hurt me to pass on Bucky Hodges so many times. We could've taken him easily over Donahue or McGuire both guys we took over Hodges but I guess it would be unrealistic with ASJ still on the roster.

One of our best drafts these guys improve the roster and have good chances of sticking around for a while.

Skicats and ajax like this.
  17. wewantsapp

wewantsapp Well-Known Member

Ingram's been pretty productive so far in 2017;
    http://www.espn.com/blog/los-angele...ngram-named-afc-defensive-player-of-the-month

Anyone know what Quinton whatshisname is up to? Ugh.
    This will be Cople's 2nd season OUT OF FOOTBALL. At the elderly age of 27. Its glaring draft mistakes like these that set our organization back 2 years.

Jonathan_Vilma likes this.