So, how would you grade Jets draft?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Apr 28, 2018.

?

How would you grade the draft?

1. A

2. B

3. C

4. D

5. F

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Peebag

Peebag Well-Known Member

2. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

I went with a B overall. we landed the top QB, got a kick returner, some CB depth and d-line depth and a TE. I didn't give it an A because we didn't draft even 1 o-lineman

CotcheryFan likes this.
  3. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

Honestly, I’m still stumped by the trade back trade up trade back trade up with Minnesota shenanigans.

I feel like that scene in Paper Moon.

NCJetsfan and James Hasty like this.
  4. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

If you take away Sam D and Parry Nickerson..both grade A prospects.. the rest of the draft was meh imo

But wait PFF calls our draft "elite " and someone else rated it "strong" ...ecch.. what do I know??

If anybody drafted needs some future development or coaching they can just forget it with Bowles in charge

EVERYONE COMPLAINS OF LACK OF OL selection ..Its happening because MAC has to listen to Bowles and CANT FIRE HIM fast enough

As I've posted before ...Woody ham-stringed Mac by making Bowles independent

#164 NYJetsO12, Apr 30, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2018
    James Hasty likes this.
  5. LF911SC

LF911SC Well-Known Member

When did Macc say this? I know he said it with Haack, never heard him say it before this draft. Seems odd given he had no idea who the QB would be

6. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

not terribly well done in my book. i love the darnold pick, i would have loved rosen and 3 second round picks more. but thats just me.

i was not in any way shape or form floored by the rest of the draft. to continue to just not give a shit about the OL is insanity to me, to just not give a shit about a pass rusher is insanity to me. good solid multiple players who contribute drafts are the way to do things in the nfl, i didnt think we did that this year. HOWEVER having a qb that allows you to not worry about qb for the next 5 years is HUGE so there is that. but the reality is that they need to hit on multiple picks each year and i didnt think they did very well this year.

c for now. completely dependent on whether or not the qb becomes great however even if thats the case i have little faith they will build around him properly.

7. PennyRoyal10

PennyRoyal10 Well-Known Member

A-/B+ - It's all about the Darnold pick. The rest seem like good value where they were taken. Not a huge college football fan, but I am a UM fan and like the Herndon pick. My only gripe is that I think I would've rather addressed O line in rounds 3-4. But if they believed the value wasn't there, then I am OK with not 'over drafting' O line just for the sake of it...

stinkyB likes this.
  8. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

Overall I'm very excited for the Darnold pick. A hopeful franchise QB was secured and possibly the top prospect in the draft. In the bit we've gotten to see him since he was drafted I get a good impression from the way he carries himself.

Individually, I liked each of their draft picks and the acquisition of Henry Anderson for a 7th. Health is a question mark, but his age and ability isn't. If healthy he could be a big contributor. They retooled the DL quite well and their two picks seem like excellent values and prospects.

Nickerson seems like a potential steal and Herndon has a lot to work with. Not sure what to think about Cannon so I'll just reserve judgment. Excited for the UDFA Flowers too.

I know it's about value and all, but man I'm disappointed they couldn't come out with a single pass-rusher and OL prospect... There seemed to be plenty of very good guys available at various points. It's amazing... However, I did like their individual picks enough to let it go a little.

9. playtowinthegame

playtowinthegame Well-Known Member

10. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

figuring darnold plays the last quarter of the season, i would expect the jets to go "all in" for the offensive line next offseason. i have no idea who the FA tackles are but i would expect the jets to pull a solder type signing AND spend their 1st round choice on a stud tackle/guard.

there is NO WAY the jets can approach the OL like they have in the past with darnold in the mix. that would be suicide and easily turn this into a david carr type redux.

11. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

C+ Mac, you'ss shoot your eye out.

12. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

Because he didn't pick Nelson at 3? :p

13. wampa

wampa Well-Known Member

I gave it a B.

Simply put, I don't think board "broke for us" particularly well, and we didn't have the ammo to trade up to grab anyone we perceived as falling. On the other hand, there wasn't any time the Jets were on the clock where I really felt strongly about a prospect who was on the board who would be great for us, but we chose to pass on.

I'd have loved to grab an offensive lineman, but most of the ones I was interested in were off the board by about pick 50.

Giving up a pick for Rashard Robinson looks pretty monumentally dumb in hindsight (it was fairly head-scratching at the time, as well, at least for me.)

Obviously Darnold is going to make or break this draft. If he's the FQB and is solid, it's at least good for stability. If he's the FQB and can become a superstar, well, it's an A+.

14. Mainejet

Mainejet Well-Known Member

Jets will be 4-12 or 5-11 for the third season. What does it tell you when the Jets always win the off-season and totally suck in the regular season?

15. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

If that happens, we'll be in great shape in 2019 for a trade back and reaping huge dividends.

16. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

This draft... gods willing.. will be historic after landing Mr. USC Sam...so there is no grade other than PFF...Elite!!!

The rest are just a Cast of Characters who will draw my attention if they pan out

That said we will suck again between 4-6 wins ...but who cares ..Hopefully Woody does and he replaces TB with a real Coach

17. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

Primed for a run of AFCE titles beginning in 2019. :D

18. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

Or we could fill one of our biggest holes with a pass rusher, left tackle, or big time play maker.

19. Patriot

Patriot Well-Known Member

My answer would be an incomplete grade (I) or I don't know which wasn't a choice in your survey.

Every year we see these draft grades being presented that really don't mean shit. Without these drafted players setting foot on a NFL game or even training camp, the so called experts seem to think they know how good a team's draft selection was?

It then dawned on me, and maybe on many of you, why aren't these draft grades done at least after 1 season of play or more? You would then have something to go by that is actually tangible. While we are at it, lets see how good Mel Kiper really was? The media probably wouldn't like this because it would mean more work and analysis in their part and some of their experts looking like fools.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  20. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Cade McCown or is it Josh McNown? ;):p

LF911SC and HomeoftheJets like this.