Snacks traded to Lions.

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by AlexJETS, Oct 24, 2018.

1. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

2. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

^Definitely pulling a slash and burn @Harpua. Hopefully the Beckham debacle - because that's what it is - will finally teach other teams a lesson (?). Doubt it; but people just don't how to learn with malcontents. You'd THINK that someone that just got all that cash would just do what they could on the field, keep their mouth shut, and laugh all the way to the bank. You guessed it, the answer is no. Let me just keep running my yap and create dissonance and tension and make myself look like an a-hole. I hope that he behaves so badly that when his contract is up, he doesn't get shit. That more than likely won't happen, but maybe he won't get remotely what he'll be asking for and have to eat some really crappy humble pie. Who knows, he may even talk his way out of the league before it's over (rubs hands together). The Jets got reamed for the very unwise Santonio Holmes contract (deservedly so), but IMO, this is far worse. Haha, F the Giants.

3. wewantsapp

wewantsapp Well-Known Member

I would've easy given up a 5th rounder for Snacks to bring him home to the organization that gave him his start.. NT in the 3-4 is his best natural position. He thrived in that. He turns 30 in November, but NTs can play the position into later years - see Vince Wilfork & Ted Washington. This has to be McClendon's last year & I really don't see Mike Pennel being our primary guy. But I guess there was no room for Snacks on current roster as we would have had to cut someone & that could have triggered some lockerroom discontent.

BacktoQueens, K'OB and stinkyB like this.
  4. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

they are rebuilding now but still sticking with a 37 year old poor performing QB and took a RB in the draft over darnold. gettleman is showing why he was fired from the panthers and should help us all appreciate mac more

5. Jedi mind tricks

Jedi mind tricks Well-Known Member

Damn I'd take snacks for a 5th instantly. Graded higher than anybody we got on the line

6. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

A run stopping DT in a passing league just ain't worth what they used to be worth.

7. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

They never were worth that high of a price tag. Hence him not being the best NT in the league cause he can't rush the passer.

Felt this way when he left the Jets.

8. JohnnyP123456

JohnnyP123456 Well-Known Member

Just remember this

101GangGreen101 likes this.
  9. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

Yes, as I recall no one around here was happy that he left, they just thought he wanted way too much money that it turned out the Giants were willing to pay.

Harpua likes this.
  10. GasedAndConfused

hindsight is 20/20 we had richardson coming off a DROTY campaign and wilk was a probowler. we had to think about keeping the 2 of them as they were both stud pass rushing DEs which is worth more and you can't have 3 high paid d-lineman without holes elsewhere. richardson was also on his rookie deal and cheap for a few more years. of course fast foward to now and richardson never panned out and is gone but we got a 2nd rounder back and wilk just gave up after landing his deal or never healed from his injury but either way he never lived up to his deal. in hindsight we should have paid snacks and let wilk walk instead

11. 101GangGreen101

Would've been a dumb move to pay Snacks, what the Giants gave him. McLendon and Leo have done a good job replacing Snacks. People were still running on the Giants. Perhaps that money could have been better allocated on a different position all together. Maybe an outside pass-rusher or better lineman? Sheldon is living off 1 year deals. Mo, was never the same after being hurt. Also probably had a bruised ego in the process. Snacks, good for 2 downs, but the Jets main issue with Bowles has always been the pass-rush.

HomeoftheJets and FJF like this.
  12. GasedAndConfused

yeah i know the giants overpaid him but we overpaid wilk even more who did nothing for us after he got paid while snacks was still a beast with the giants. paying snacks 10 mil a year would have been better then paying wilk his 16 mil a year or whatever amount it was we paid him but again that's hindsight and was the right move at the time

13. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

We should have let Mo and Snacks walk.

14. 101GangGreen101

Yeah if we are using hindsight, we should've let them both go. The Jets could've signed Mo for much less if they actually came to a deal well before the Fletcher Cox deal. Would not have paid Snacks 10M in any situation. At the end of the day, FO absolutely screwed this up. Jets still got a higher pick then what the Giants received for Snacks in that trade.

Sheldon was def the right move, otherwise we wouldn't have Darnold.

15. GasedAndConfused

we should have traded richardson, let mo walk, and kept snacks IMO but mclendon has been a nice fill in for less money but he isn't as good as snacks

and yeah in the end it all worked out, not like snacks was going to get us to the playoffs and mclendon has been solid. richardson got us kearse and a pick we needed to land sam. wilk is gone and we have the extra cap room now and williams who looked like a non neeeded pick turned out to be really needed

101GangGreen101 likes this.
  16. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

Footnote is that we (eventually) got Chad Hansen and Jeremy Clark for that pick. Not great compensation for a useful NT. More shit drafting.