Sir Chadwick Mentoring Baker Mayfield

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by jetophile, May 15, 2018.

1. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

#1 jetophile, May 15, 2018
    Last edited: May 15, 2018
  2. jetophile

3. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Penny's still a Jet guys ...but don't forget $ talks and Bullsh*t walks

4. jetophile

Yeah, he pays them good lip-service because that's how he is, still goes out in public in a Jets jersey on occasion, talks up the Jets a lot, gives Jets analysis, but I honestly don't think he'll ever work for the Jets for personal reasons. It would be great to have him, but he's more or less written them off as to working here in a professional capacity IMO. Phone calls were placed to him in the past (in my recollection), but he said nope, nunca, no thanks, not interested. He also said several times that was not interested in coaching in any capacity. Things change, I guess.

5. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

It's the Matt Snell syndrome...

CBG likes this.
  6. MParty7441

MParty7441 Well-Known Member

Pennington is all over newyorkjets.com during the season. He's also almost always on the weekly Sunday morning show breaking down something.

7. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

I'd love to get the real low down on why he has such a hard on for the Jets still.

8. jetophile

I've posted about it before. Many times. Supposedly when he retired he was offered some type of personnel position and the Jets never followed through. The Jets are more than dead to him. When he and Emerson Boozer were inducted into the Jets Ring of Fame, Matt Snell would not answer letters, changed his number, basically made himself unreachable. Even Boozer himself tried to reach out several times. No dice. Last I read, he was a self-employed mechanic in a not so great set up. As in kind of a junkyard, and is kind of a hermit. Whatever caused his level of anger, he is never letting it go. I read an obscure New York Times article a few years ago. A reporter actually tracked him down and he wouldn't elaborate. It just kind of turned into get offa my propity. I'll see if I can find it again sometime.

Snell is one of my favorite Jets players of all time. When I first joined here, one of my first posts was 'Matt Snell phone home.' Ain't never gonna happen.