SI.com says Jets Intrested in Kitna and Ramsy

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jkgrandchamp, Mar 4, 2006.

1. jkgrandchamp

jkgrandchamp Member

The Jets' top priority appears to be pursuing Bengals quarterback Jon Kitna, who will be a free agent once the signing period begins Monday. Other options include drafting Vanderbilt quarterback Jay Cutler or dealing for Redskins quarterback Patrick Ramsey, whom the Jets feel they can get for a mid- to late-round draft pick. -- Newark Star-Ledger
    http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/scorecard/03/03/truth.rumors.nfl/1.html

2. Kentucky Jet

Kentucky Jet Active Member

Two born again losers in KITNA and RAMSEY! Both are BAD decision makers! Bith throw too many INTS! Why not draft a kid and let him learn behind CHAD? Let BOLLY be #2 and so be it! Beghind our OL no QB would do great until they come together. My fear is CHAD getting creamed again!

3. PinPointPenning10

PinPointPenning10 Well-Known Member

That was the EXACT same thing that was posted in the Star-Ledger yesterday, so there was already a thread on that.

4. LavernColesthegreat

both kitna and ramsey suck. if ramsey cant look good with santana moss then he's just horrible. the jets should have gotten shaun king he was good in that video game nfl2k1

5. Cinvis

Cinvis New Member

Jets | Team not attractive location for veteran quarterbacks
    Sat, 4 Mar 2006 10:24:07 -0800

Randy Lange, of the Bergen Record, reports the New York Jets are not an attractive location for veteran free agent quarterbacks such as San Diego Chargers QB Drew Brees, Arizona Cardinals QB Josh McCown, and Cincinnati Bengals QB Jon Kitna. One agent said, "The Jets are not attractive. They're cutting one offensive lineman after another." Another agent said, "I've talked to 20 different GMs and assistant GMs. Not one said, 'Hey, the Jets will do OK this year.' Privately they said, 'There's no way.'"

6. PinPointPenning10

PinPointPenning10 Well-Known Member

Well that's nice to know. :rolleyes:

7. F Miami

F Miami Active Member

I could live with Kitna if we were to release Chad and we draft a QB. I'm surprised Brooks hasn't been cut yet. He can stick in at 2nd string for all I care.

8. pisano24

pisano24 Member

Kitna would be like throwing a band aid on a wound that needs stitches...

and Ramsey would be like... well... putting a knife into the wound

9. Capt. Spaulding

Capt. Spaulding New Member

I imagine we'll look at the bulk of FA QB's before it's all said and done. The only way I want one of these guys is if we draft one and use the FA until the rookie is ready and then guy to 2nd string. Of course this means Chad should go. IMO

10. Double Zero

Double Zero Member

I actually like the idea of Kitna. I remember during Carson Palmer's second season, there were talks about the Bengals trading Kitna. In response, Palmer said something along the lines of "I need him." Which to me, shows that Kitna's vetern leadership could be extrememly valuable.

If we got Kitna, it would work itself in any situation:

We cut Chad, Kitna competes with our rookie QB for starting position. Worse thing that happens is the former comeback player of the year steps in for a year while our rookie develops. Then Kitna takes a backseat to (insert Rookie here) and helps him like he did for Palmer.

Chad restructures, we bring in Kitna to compete. Again, worse case scenario: the comeback player of the year steps in for a season or so.

(Also, people forget the only reason Kitna was benched was because Palmer was signed to a ridiculous contract- even before his most recent extension. It was more a financial decision than Kitna's lack of abilities).

11. GeorgeCoztanza

GeorgeCoztanza New Member

I'm not making Ramsey out to be a world-beater, but let's be fair. When was he ever given a real chance to look good with Santana Moss?

12. Attyla

Attyla New Member

Let's say Abraham pulls a Woodson and comes in today and signs his one year deal, do the jets have the cap room to do anything on the free agent market?