Shouldn't Bowles AND Maccagnan be fired if the Jets Tank?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by The Dark Knight, Aug 10, 2017.

1. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Yes, I would say that each of your 16,000 posts was quite odd. :p

2. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

Well... this is kinda chicken & egg argument we got here :) I'm looking forward to see how things will go without Elliott.

One thing is certain: no matter what happens, Elliott will lose:

Either all falls apart and it's his fault for doing something dumb and fucking up his team.
    Or Cowboys barely miss a beat and the next man up picks up the slack... and then Elliott is not so special all of a sudden.
    Good times...

3. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

What do you think the Dallas offense will look like this season with the losses suffered on the O line?
    Between the changes on the line , Elliott's potential suspension and the dreaded sophomore slump possible for Dak. I think they will disappoint alot of people

4. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

In this OL-DP-IE love triangle I think OL is the dominatrix. While she is a little under the weather and IE is on temporary 6 weeks leave, DP will go into full Reek mode.
    (and I'm sure champ69 will post his sincere apology for firing Macc over not drafting Prescott :mad:)

I'd seriously consider playing Giants D in fantasy.

TonyFtLaud likes this.
  5. NCJetsfan

I didn't hear about or have forgotten about any changes on their OL. Who left?

6. TonyFtLaud

Leary and free , L Guard and RT. I think they also lost someone to injury in camp recently. I remember a report on NFL Network that they are shuffling players around to try and fill 3 spots on the line
    PFF had dropped them from 1-8 in
    O line rankings. I really don't put much stock in to preseason ranks but found it interesting. The top 3 per PFF are
    The eagles , The Browns in second and Pitt is third. Im interested to see the grades after the season.

#106 TonyFtLaud, Aug 16, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2017
    NCJetsfan likes this.
  7. NCJetsfan

Thanks. The Browns? Holy cow! How did that happen?

8. TonyFtLaud

Free Agency. They spent big on the OLine. Unfortunately, we had no money at the time.

KurtTheJetsFan and NCJetsfan like this.
  9. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Losing doesn't sit well with any of us yet we have been doing so since Superbowl 3.Todd Bowles just doesn't inspire me as a fan,say what you will about Rex he always had me fired up believing we can win even when the odds were against us.

10. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

And that's important, you don't want the fans coming out flat in a big game.

Red Menace and NCJetsfan like this.
  11. Remember they had La'el Collins developing behind the scenes in a 6th OL sort of role. He's a big time talent. Thought he was the best OT in that whole draft class. I think if the OL takes a step back it will be very small. They have a firm blocking scheme in place under Garrett..and we forget that Smith, Martin & Collins are all still getting better.

Perhaps maybe we see a small fall off in their running game w. the loss of Elliot & some OL turnover. I think the key will be to assure Dak has a safety valve underneath be it a TE or RB;That's where they'll really miss Elliot is in passing game. Dak will still perform at an above average level. He'll execute the offense, take what the defense gives him & choose his spots to use his big play ability. He's Russel Wilson II. I think Deshaun Watson maybe the "next one"

12. TonyFtLaud

I wouldn't say Collins was Developing behind the scenes, he did become starter in 15 untill injury, and was again starting in 16 untill another injury ended his season. Collins has a very high ceiling if he stays healthy. I agree he was a first round talent. He really got screwed in the draft. He was never a suspect but on top of loosing his girlfriend and unborn child, he was punished for that loss.
    It will be interesting to see how the Cowboys O looks to start the year.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  13. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

So your evaluation is based on your feelings and inspiration, not on the objective evidence. Got it

NCJetsfan likes this.
  14. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

I take all the blame for the afccg loss to the steelers, just wasn't inspired and believing we could win going into that game. Came out to my living room flat and couldn't get fired up.

NCJetsfan and RuJFan like this.
  15. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

Nacho? That you?

FJF likes this.
  16. NCJetsfan

We'll see, but I don't think either Prescott or Watson are anything special. I loved Watson's play at Clemson, but I don't think his game will translate all that well to the NFL. Regarding Prescott, I think that either last year was a fluke, career year his rookie season, he is a late bloomer, or Dallas' system fits him perfectly. I don't think he'd have done nearly as well with most other NFL teams.

17. NCJetsfan

Shame on you. Hang your head in disgrace for 30 minutes.

18. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

What could you have possibly seen from Dak last year that would make you think he isn't very good? What you saw of him in college is meaningless. Remember there were many that didn't think Brady was good based off his college career.

Now regardless of what you thought of him based off watching him in college, the kid was not only great for a rookie he was great last year for any age. What about his 3600yds 67% completion percentage with 23 TDs to 4 ints would lead you to believe he's not that good? Oh yea and his 6 rushing TDs to go along with his 23 passing TDs. My god I'd take a QB not that good on the Jets any day.

19. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

Yeah, you're right, they're going great guns with Mac!

20. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

At least give an argument if you disagree. You're such a leaky twat.