Should this be vetoed??!

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football' started by 74, Oct 14, 2015.

1. 74

74 Well-Known Member

Hi guys, Im interested to hear some outside opinions on this one.

In my 14 team standard league I was out of the blue offered Rob Gronkowski for Justin Forsett and Jarvis Landry. The team trading Gronk is 0-5, all his RB are timeshare type guys and all his WR are the second or third options on their team. I accepted the trade of course.

A team in my division wants it vetoed and started a big fight over it. Here's my problem with that, earlier in the year Gronk was traded out of our division for Calvin and Gore and he said nothing. Forsett + Landry (including a bye week) have scored a few more points this year than Gore + Calvin. Last year each pair of players combined for 2300 yards and 13 TDs. It couldn't be more statistically identical if you tried.

What do you guys think?

2. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

I think dude is being a little bitch and you shouldn't worry about them being pissy.

3. NOVAJET

NOVAJET "2020 TGG Fantasy Football Champ"

Haters gonna hate. No, it should absolutely not be vetoed. 0-5 and desperate, not to mention as a Gronk owner his production has fallen off.

4. Organized Chaos

Organized Chaos Well-Known Member

In a non-ppr you are winning that trade big time. That said, it doesn't deserve a veto.

Gronk 17.5 points per game.

Landry 10.5 points per game.
    Forsett 11.2 but 21 points per game in the last two with Taliaferro injured.

Makes sense for the other team if they need a WR and RB more than they need Gronk. Especially if they have a viable backup TE.

5. Burnz

Burnz Well-Known Member

6. 74

74 Well-Known Member

It got vetoed

7. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

if it got a majority vote to veto, than so be it.

it shouldn't have though.....
    so hard to trade in my league too. almost every trade has some objection, so no one bothers trading any more. at most 1 trade per year happens across the entire league.

8. Organized Chaos

That is bullshit. The guy in last is trying to get better, and he needs everyone's approval to get a trade through? I have seen outright trade rapes 100x worse go through with no problem.

NYJalltheway likes this.
  9. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Thats bullshit. My friend just told me a trade in his league was C. West (KC RB) and Cooper for fucking James Jones. Cooper > James Jones -- especially in a keeper league

Organized Chaos likes this.
  10. NOVAJET

NOVAJET "2020 TGG Fantasy Football Champ"

11. Organized Chaos

Haha, that is a horseshit trade if it's a deep keeper. James Jones is like 30+ years old...

12. Organized Chaos

Worst one I saw this year was someone trade CJ Spiller before news broke that he was injured in the preseason...this guy saw a link on twitter to the forums that broke the story with a photo of CJ Spiller on Crutches. Traded him and Martavis Bryant for LeSean McCoy before the CJ Spiller news even hit any of the fantasy football websites.

The good part is it didn't pay off since McCoy got hurt. lol.

13. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

That trade should not have been vetoed. With that said, there must be some real morons in your league and winning it shouldn't be too hard.

14. 74

74 Well-Known Member

So.... once the trade got vetoed I didn't post anything more in the league. Then today the commish post a big paragraph to the league blasting me, locks my team, and kicks me out of the league. This is a money league btw. Lol.

15. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Can you listen to those games on radio?

_

16. 74

74 Well-Known Member

17. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Good. It couldn't happen to a better person. I am glad you are suffering. :)

Okay I am buzzed. This is total bullshit. Can you get your money back at least?

74 likes this.
  18. 74

74 Well-Known Member

Probably not.

19. Organized Chaos

They basically stole your money. No reason to veto that trade, and really no reason to kick you out of a money league.

20. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

They kicked you out for making a trade? I can see if you compromised the league but they blocked the trade, so why would they need to do anything further? I'd be demanding my money back because that's not fair and is probably against the rules if you are on an online site.

If the league is online, reach out to the host website and let them know that they stole your money. If not online, I'd go and talk to the people involved. It sounds like the league is run by a complete moron and he sees you as a threat to him winning and used the trade as an excuse.