Senior Bowl News

Discussion in 'Draft' started by legler82, Jan 23, 2018.

1. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

I agree with the bold. You never know; he may grow into it. If not, he won't be the first QB to find success despite that. I will say this though, the kid is uber competitive and does have a chip on his shoulder. Mayfield fans seem to think that their guy owns a monopoly on those 2 intangibles, but that's not the case.

101GangGreen101 likes this.
  2. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Amen to that. He fits the Mac prototype ... I think if it came down to Allen vs Mayfield, Mac would go with Allen.

Red Menace likes this.
  3. 6-10 once again

6-10 once again Well-Known Member

I would give Allen a chance since he has the ability to be a good QB, but if anything Mac should realize that the Mac prototype sucks and has sucked for 20 years. Go with the accurate winner in Mayfield and reap the rewards.

4. Cidusii

Cidusii Well-Known Member

So what are people's thoughts on Mike White as a prospect?

The only time I've seen him is in that Senior Bowl game, and his head was on a swivel. He was one of the only ones there that I noticed looking off defenders, and going through progressions nearly every snap.

5. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

I don't know enough about him, he appears to have good fundamentals, throws a nice deep ball. I'll wait for @legler82 or @WW85 to give a better description of him. In the mean time I'll continue to watch video on him.

Cidusii likes this.
  6. NoodleArm

NoodleArm Well-Known Member

If the board's experts are taking requests, I'd love to hear their thoughts on Kyle Lauletta. Here's the tape that I've been able to find on him:

2017 v. William & Mary
    2017 v. Villanova (bad pick @ 2:00, near pick 3:45, throw into coverage 4:06, telegraphed WR screen 5:35)
    Season Highlights
    Senior Bowl Highlights

Here's some of my thoughts. His mechanics are okay. His feet look good, but he doesn't get everything on his throws -- weight transfer from the plant foot might be off. It also may be a function of his throwing motion. It seems quite compact. His release point is high. Decision-making isn't great at times (see notes for Villanova). Maybe a project pick (4th, 5th)? Definitely not a fit for the Jets currently.