Secondary

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Chrisiue, Oct 29, 2017.

1. Chrisiue

Chrisiue Well-Known Member

How can Matt Ryan hit 12-15 yd passes to receivers wide open over the middle for a complete half and not one adjustment made by Rogers or Bowles to at least not have these receivers wide open.

2. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

There's no pressure from dline or LB, I'm not giving secondary a complete pass but Ryan is very comfortable in the pocket and has a long time to pick them apart.

3. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

Right there you have nailed the major issue with this team and why it will continue to lose games. Tried explaining that to a couple of morons on another board. A defensive player, defensive assistant coach and now the head coach that can't see the big or little picture. Rodger is just a waste or a coaching slot. He should have been fired 2 games ago.

4. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Kacy is Todd's pal so its a twofer. Kacy goes when Todd goes.

5. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

I vote they both hit the streets next week then. I've seen enough of this train wreck.

6. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

Well whatcha expect when the Jets lose their top two corners??

7. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

I don't even think Jets D are that bad in terms of the player talent. [Okay - yeah. Jets D is indeed lacking some players sorely, like NT and stud OLB.] It's just the defensive scheming. Seriously - I even think the NT issue is overblown. Rex Ryan got a huge production out of Sione Pouha [Who?] back in the days. Todd [and by the same token, Kacy] is simply clueless. If you got an offense that scores 20+ points week in and week out, the D should hold the victory. Seriously - weekly 20+ point production is one of the luxuries Rex Ryan never enjoyed.

[Look. I am not saying Rex Ryan is a good coach here; he was a terrible coach. But he wasn't THIS BAD.]

blackssmagic likes this.