Screw it, the Jets need to make the trade for the 3rd overall pick, no risk, no reward

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Deathstroke, Jan 27, 2018.

1. 6-10 once again

6-10 once again Well-Known Member

I don't think I'm totally alone on him being overrated, besides his lack of sacks he is often totally invisible in games, he gets pressures sure but how many games do you come away from saying that Leonard Williams was a difference maker?

And fine make it our later 2nd round pick if you think it's too much.

I don't think any player should be off the table, id trade Jamaal Adams and a couple of 2nds for the 1 overall honestly.

2. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

In a draft with only 2 legitimate 1st rd QBs I cannot imagine there is any market for the 3rd pick.

It is a shame that Indy won a meaningless week 17 game. Otherwise they would be in the position of dealmaker.

If the Jets want a QB either they need to trade into the top 2, trade back, or wait until round 2.

3. LF911SC

LF911SC Well-Known Member

He's playing inside, playing the run along with the pass. He's the one guy on the DL being double and triple teamed. Don't know what you're expecting out of him. He is so not overrated, sorry you feel that way.

Thankfully fans don't get to make trades, this would be a horrid trade that would be way too one sided.

4. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

We also have no edge rusher.

wampa, JohnnyP123456 and LF911SC like this.
  5. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

If Darnold or Rosen is available at 3, you trade up. Otherwise you don't. Hopefully Mayfield is still available at 6, but I wouldn't even take Allen at 6 if he were there. Which means of course that Mac will trade our next 2 first rounders for Allen.

6. bartscott

bartscott Well-Known Member

Couldn’t agree more. The problem is, it’s a long shot that Darnold or Rosen are available at 3. The Giants will never make a deal with us, and I don’t think the Browns trade down again after doing it in 2016.

Our draft spot sucks. Let’s face it. Winning 5 meaningless games this year screwed us.

I know i isn’t a popular move, but getting Kirk Cousins and drafting Chubb makes the most sense. I think if Bowles has a defensive line that can get after the QB, and we get adequate QB play, they can be competitive next year.

JohnnyP123456, HomeoftheJets and FJF like this.
  7. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

I'd be thrilled to get Cousins. But he's probably going to choose Denver because they won the Super Bowl a couple years ago. The good news is then Indy, Cleveland at 4, and Denver won't be drafting QBs. But I think the Browns will take Darnold or Rosen and the Giants will take the other one. Which means we need to sign a second-tier veteran QB like Keenum, Bradford, Bridgewater, Foles, Alex Smith, or Tyrod Taylor. Hopefully one of them will be available at a reasonable price, and Mayfield will be on the board at 6.

ColoradoContrails and AlexJETS like this.
  8. AlexJETS

AlexJETS Well-Known Member

I agree I just don't see the Browns or Giants not drafting a Quarterback with the #1st and #2nd pick. Browns have a new G.M and the Giants won't know how much longer Eli will play.

9. PennyRoyal10

PennyRoyal10 Well-Known Member

If WIlk had even remotely lived up his end of the bargain, Williams would have way more sacks than he's had - if that's the main barometer that is being applied to him. Not to mention the lack of a legitimate pass rusher that teams have to account for coming off the edge and it's easy to see why he's not showing up as a game changer. I hope Mac wouldn't be looking to move Williams, let alone as a part of any package to move up a few spots. He's a cornerstone player that you build around and if they do so properly, I believe that LW will be a impact player...

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  10. Pepsiguy5

Pepsiguy5 Well-Known Member

Unless everything I'm reading and watching is wrong I don't think this is true. It sounds like there is an extremely likely chance that Barkley is one of the top 2 picks and there is also purportedly a solid chance that Josh Allen goes #1 overall to Cleveland. Obviously it only takes one of those things happening and Rosen or Darnold would be there for pick #3 and there is a legit chance those two players go 1-2 leaving both available to choose from at #3.

11. Laxg41

Laxg41 Well-Known Member

But...... Leo sucks *pokes him with a stick* make a play

6-10 once again likes this.
  12. 6-10 once again

I'm expected a 6th overall pick to make plays..... he simply doesn't make plays.

Yeah such a shame fans like me can't get you a franchise QB, it would be too easy and we need to suffer

13. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Meh. I don’t disagree with you re: Williams but he and Will were playing hurt.

If they trade Adams or Maye they should be fired on the spot because of the players they passed up to draft those two.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  14. BomberJet

BomberJet Well-Known Member

Predicting what he Jets will or should do at this time just makes no sense at all. Best to wait till after all the FA activity is past to assess what strengths and weaknesses the state of the Jets roster is.

That being said, if they sign a FA QB, they'll stay put at 6 - take bets on that. If they don't and are thinking about trading up, that won't take place till draft day. I'll set my draft clock for then.

#54 BomberJet, Jan 27, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2018
    ColoradoContrails and boozer32 like this.
  15. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

Do you think Mr. Sixth spot would do anything? That would require him actually scouting players instead of his department handing him the BPA folder. The Jets have many holes and until some of those are filled via free agency I hope they don't waste draft capital trading up.

16. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

Here is a thought.

What if we gave a third round pick and a conditional pick next year for Nick Foles?

We could even move down a few spots, add a first round pick next year, and still get a top 10-12 player this year.

17. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

18. 6-10 once again

A 2nd round pick plus our first and Leonard Williams(who is only really worth a 2nd at best himself, sorry fellas) for 2 overall isn't close to the abomination of the Herschel walker trade.

Also Herschel walker is a running back so not even close to the same value as a potential franchise QB.

With this trade we also wouldn't be destroying our future drafts as we would maintain all of our 2019 and 2020 picks, as well as still having a 2nd rounder in the 2018 draft.

Your comparison is poor and I think you all get too attached to players, Leo is an average NFL player.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  19. BudJet

BudJet Well-Known Member

I say sit at #6 and see what other teams do because it would not surprise me if the Browns take Mayfield or Allen
    Because the Browns like to go against the grain . It also would not surprise me if giants go OL or RB with their pick.
    Of course this would take a little luck, but it's not that far fetched
    1 browns take Allen
    2 giants take OT
    3 colts take Barkley
    4 browns take chubb
    5 broncos take Rosen
    6 jets take darnold

BomberJet likes this.
  20. LF911SC

LF911SC Well-Known Member

Dont know what games youre watching, he makes plays.

JohnnyP123456 likes this.