Scott Wright: Cutler most overrated player in the draft

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by PinPointPenning10, Mar 11, 2006.

1. Russ Reign

Russ Reign New Member

Def true... I just expect someone to have accomplished something besides doing 27 reps at the combine before they start throwing their team under the bus and such...

2. rajensen088

rajensen088 Banned

And also why he is picked for the Jets at four. Terry Bradway always overates athletes with 'potential'.... Bryan Thomas, Jon McGraw, BJ Askew, DeWayne Robertson, Doug Jolley.... Bradway and the same scouts who gave the Jets the last five drafts are writing up the grades and will be putting up their graded draft boards before the draft.

3. I'm not defending Bradway, and I could be wrong, but isn't the draft based about 80% on potential?

4. CmartinHOF

CmartinHOF New Member

cutler is overrated.........................he had an ok seinor bowl but he completly sucked at the combine......he underthrew and overthrew many passes:lol:

5. hydro51

hydro51 New Member

funny according to scouts his combine was better than his senior bowl

6. CmartinHOF

CmartinHOF New Member

well they were wrong:rofl2:

7. hydro51

hydro51 New Member

Yeah cause you work in the nfl.and scout players for a living:breakdance:

8. CmartinHOF

CmartinHOF New Member

how do u know i dont?:up:

9. Mangini6881

Mangini6881 New Member

It dont matter

Cause when New Orleans signs Drew Brees its gonna go..
    1)Hou-Reggie Bush
    2)NO-DaBrick or trade
    3)Tenn-Vince Young because he is Steve's boy
    4)Jets-Matt Leinart will fall right into our laps

Then with the Abraham pick from Denver or Atlanta we will take the best OL on the board because Shaffer is now a Brown. Only way that doesnt happen is if they are comfortable with Ashworth as our starting T next year then we might go and get a LB or DT from Michigan big Gabe!

10. hydro51

hydro51 New Member

were definetly getting a qb if New orleans sign brees to this 5 yr deal 40 mill deal im hearing about

11. hotcoles87123

hotcoles87123 Banned

The guy played well against the best Defensive Competition in College FB. (SEC) Vince young is the one who is overrated-- he played great in a College Style offense, where he could get a shotgun every play, and run 50% of the time. Cutler has at least gone through the combine, and shown that he can make NFL throws-- Young has not-- he is just relying on his Chamipionship game (which was stellar) to keep him in the top 3. bottom line- cutler has better mechanics, better arm, better attitude apparently, and is obviously smarter after Vince youngs Wonderlick of 6-16. i took a practice wonderlick and got a 50 with time to spare. It was so easy, if you get a 6-16 on a multiple choice test like that, you are without a doubt an idiot. Just picking "B" for every answer would probably get you a 12.

12. hotcoles87123

hotcoles87123 Banned

WOW. I think that Leinhart would go because he's Norm Chow's boy, but could you imagine???? Who knows, maybe one of those teams has a hard on for Mario Williams or AJ Hawk too. That would be amazing if we were looking at Leinhart with 4.

13. hotcoles87123

hotcoles87123 Banned

Dude, did you watch it? i did- he looked great. not to mention, he is playing with anyone from Chad jackson, to some bum from idaho southern community college for agriculture and mining. Of course he will not hit everyone in stride- thats why leinhart and young are only doing a private workout-- because they know who they are throwing to.

14. poiu

poiu New Member

He did face an OK conference schedule but take a look at who vandy played out of conference:

Wake Forest
    Richmond (I don't think they're even D1)
    And then, to cap it off, Vandy faced the storied football program from Murfressburough Tennesse- Middle Tennesse St University... and to show what a great player he is, Cutler's offense put up a whopping 15 points as Vandy LOST to MTSU 17-15.

And yet, somehow, Cutler and his admittedly inept teammates shouldn't have been expected to win 6 games despite those 3 should be gimmies.

I couldn't agree more with whoever said that Cutler owes Mike Mayock half his signing bonus.

15. poiu

poiu New Member

Just to clear something up, my above post wasn't meant to support Young; I think Young's even more overrated then Cutler.