Scott Proctor

Discussion in 'Baseball Forum' started by kinghenry89, May 7, 2006.

1. kinghenry89

kinghenry89 New Member

Did anybody see Proctor clean up Tanyon Sturtze's mess today vs. the Rangers? He came into the game in the 7th inning with the bases loaded and no outs and got out of it giving up just 1 run and striking out Texiera with runners on 2nd and 3rd.

This guy has been excellent for the Yankees this season.

2. BIG COUNTRY

BIG COUNTRY Well-Known Member

He is our best reliever right now behind Mo(if you count him)

3. AMJets

AMJets Well-Known Member

He's been great, and Sturtze has to go. Hopefully Torre's blind loyalty towards Sturtze has ended.

4. King Koopa

King Koopa Well-Known Member

he could possibly replace big mo down the line...he's doing really well

5. kinghenry89

kinghenry89 New Member

I dunno about that but he certainly can and will fill the role that Sturtze/Quantrill have filled over the last 2 seasons. 7th inning and situational long relief.

I have finally given up on the Tanman by the way. He really did pitch well last season until innings caught up with him and I thought that he could be great in our bullpen this season with Proctor, Farnsworth and Villone taking pressure off of him so he didn't have to pitch so much. It seems almost like those additions have had a negative effect though--he's always either trying to get too fancy or trying to blow hitters away with a 90 MPH fastball to show that he still deserves playing time.

If Dotel can come back healthy at any point this season than Sturtze will be off the team.