SB favorites

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by GasedAndConfused, Dec 11, 2017.

1. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

make your picks. the eagles were one of the favorites for sure, but wentz tore his ACL which likely knocks them back a few steps.

As i see it now, the steelers showed why they have been so good for so long. they will live and die by ben. and yesterday ben tore it up. they currently have the 1 seed in the AFC however NE with a win tonight will tie them for it. The jags put on a show against the seahawks showing they are for real. with a tough defense and run game if bortles can make plays here and there they can contend with anyone. even though the titans are 8-5 and in the lead for a 5 seed i cna't see them competing. the west is a tough division but nobody really stands out. for me I think the AFC will come down to Pitt and NE and obviously i'll be pulling for pitt.

In the NFC with wentz going down it shakes things up a lot. I can't see foles leading them to a SB. But he's a better back-up then most teams have. The vikes may be the new favorite. despite losing their starting 2 Qbs (bradford and bridgewater) both could come back soon and keenum is playing very well. their D is holding their own and their run game despite losing cook is still getting ti done, but it's thelian and diggs stealing the show mostly. the saints and panthers are fighting for their divison. it's hard to count out brees or cam. Saints D is playing well and their run game with kamara and ingram is dominating teams. I just wonder how they can do if thomas gets shut down with a lack of depth at WR. same goes for Car though with funchess ebing a decent at best 1. they live and die with cam and the option run game. mccafrey is more of a sproles/woodhead type then a true RB but stewart has had some good games. I can't see either making the SB though. the rams and hawks are fighting for their divison. the hawks have more experience and have been there before. but i like the rams personally. goff is playing lights out, gurley is playing well and their D isn't bad either. I'm thinking it comes down to Minn and the rams.

So with Pitt vs NE and Minn vs LA rams, I think we see a Pitt / Rams SB with Pitt taking it again.

2. AlexJETS

AlexJETS Well-Known Member

You should know better by now after last year's Superbowl you never bet against Tom Brady and the Patriots.

3. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Fyp

4. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

FYP 2.0

BacktoQueens, KurtTheJetsFan and FJF like this.
  5. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Looks like with Watson, Rodgers and now Wentz getting hurt, Brady will win a default MVP. Then likely win his 6th Super Bowl as I see ZERO teams in the AFC who can beat them and the NFC will be a toss up like it is every year. What a fun year! :mad::eek:

6. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

The Steelers need to win next week at home vs the Pats to get the #1 seed to even have a shot at beating them in the playoffs. If they have to go to NE then forget it. A team that might give the Pats trouble is the Jaguars. The D is legit and they can run the ball and play physical. At the end of the day I would bet NE will represent the AFC in the Super Bowl again. In the NFC it is a toss up but I think it will be either the Saints or Vikings. I don't see Philly making it now that Foles is the guy.

7. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

New England owns Pittsburgh. They beat Pittsburgh in Pittsburgh in the 2001 and 2004 AFC Championship games so even if they lose next week to Pittsburgh they'll still be in the Steelers heads.

No matter what happens next week New England is the favorite out of the AFC I think. Jacksonville could be dangerous in the playoffs because of their pass rush they have what it takes to get after any QB they already mauled the Steelers in Pittsburgh this season. Could they do it to New England?

San Diego could be a dangerous team if they get in because of Rivers. I'd like to see 'em get in.

Tough break for the Eagles they're this year's 2016 Raiders after what happened to Wentz yesterday. Oh well.

Out of the NFC I don't know. The Rams looked like the class of that conference when they played the Giants. I think New Orleans is a serious contender. Seattle could be dangerous as a wild card because of their experience.

I'm not a believer of the Vikings.

I don't think Cam Newton is a good enough QB to beat New England in a Super Bowl so I don't wanna see a Pats-Panthers Super Bowl. I wouldn't want to see a rematch of the Pats-Falcons SB either because I think the Pats would blow them out this time.

As a Jets fan if I have to see the Pats play in another Super Bowl I think the best SB matchup would be Patriots vs Rams/Seattle/Saints.

8. GasedAndConfused

I'll always bet against them out of spite/hate if it comes down to pitt/NE i'll be the biggest pitt fan in the world that day. fuck brady

9. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

I think the Eagles will be better than most people think with Foles.
    They are so solid up and down the roster, good defense,goo running game - they are still the favorites in my book in the NFC.

The Skins won a SB with Doug Williams, the Ravens won with Trent Dilfer, the Giants won 2 with Eli Manning - it is still a team sport and you need more than just a QB and can't win with just a QB (see Marino, Fouts etc.)

Brook! likes this.
  10. GasedAndConfused

true, but wentz was playing at an MVP level and making some big plays. it's going to be hard to replace his production. in your examples those teams won all year with less then stellar QB play off of defense and a run game. The eagles have been flying high on all cylinders. take out wentz and that may change

11. Section 336

The Eagles offense will no doubt look different with Foles at the helm, but they will have 3 weeks and a then a bye though to get him ready for the playoff run. They will still end up with a bye (home game) and most likely still the #1 seed. Beating them in Philly with or without Wentz will be a tall order.

Comparing them to the Raiders of last year is a joke, Foles could start for almost half of the teams in the NFL.

EDIT
    Just looked up his career numbers - 56 TDs to 27 ints and an 88.1 QB rating

12. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

Is this a serious thread? Of course it's the God damned Patriots.

13. Section 336

Absolutely in the AFC and due to experience overall.
    I do think most of the contenders in the NFC can compete and possibly beat them.
    The only AFC team I could see beating them in the playoffs is the Chargers if Rivers is on.

14. Patriot

Patriot Well-Known Member

Without knowing the final playoff seating it would be difficult to predict anything. Having a 1st round bye improves your odds tremendously.

I don't see a clear choice at this time. Every team is not perfect and have weaknesses that can be exploited.

AFC there a 3 teams that look like possibilities
    Patriots have some serious problems on defense with so many injuries. On offense they still miss jewels.
    Steelers appear to have it all, but with the loss of Ryan Shazier their defense is vulnerable.
    Ravens just don't have an adequate offense right now.
    If the Jaguars just had a QB they would be the favorite.

NFC has 6 possible teams
    Philly with Wentz out not the same
    Vikings little experience and QB is questionable
    Rams may be the dark horse but are they really ready
    Falcons are they ready to return to 2016 form
    Saints running game is now working but can you trust this defense
    Panthers another formidable team, just not sure if offense is class A yet

GasedAndConfused likes this.