Say what you want about the Skins owner

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by #1 Jets Fan, Mar 13, 2006.

1. DROB63Cmart28

DROB63Cmart28 Banned

I could of sworn they were this year hes lucky as hell he got out. They never win anyways this year was their only good year. Next year theyll go back to being garbage as they were.

2. supersonic

supersonic Well-Known Member

And what does that have to do with snyder? nothing.

If you like snyder so much, you should root for the skins.

3. Diabolical_Jet_Fan

Diabolical_Jet_Fan Well-Known Member

Just like a Yankee fan to call an NFL owner who tries to buy a championship a retard.

4. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

The point is! He been the owner for like 5 years and we havn't won a SB since 1969, so he still has 32 more years.

5. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

who gives a shit if you buy a SB just as long as you win one.....PERIOD

6. Buttle

Buttle New Member

Eventually he will have to pay the bill for overpaying all these players. While its nice to see that he is willing to open his checkbook this stratetgy is not a good long term strategy. I would rather have a team that stands a chance of being competitive every year rather than 2-3 possible good years followed paying for those years with 10 bad years.

What he does well is pay his coaches and his assistant coaches. I am sure his facilities are top of the line as well. Woody could take a lesson fron Snyder in the value of paying coaches and FO.

7. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

Umm, Woody hasn't owned the Jets since 69. So no, next argument.

I don't deny that the guy is trying to win. I don't even think he is wrong about spending the money. I want the Jets to do the same thing.

I'm a Yankee fan, and I believe that a team with money deserves to spend it.

My problem with Snyder is that he purchases any warm body he believes is a big enough name to make an impact. George Steinbrenner used to do the same thing when he was younger. Then he got smart, and realized he could throw money around, but with players his coaches want. Snyder still hasn't figured that one out yet.

8. Diabolical_Jet_Fan

9. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

He seems so far this offseason he staying away from the old players so he looks like he may had learned from his past mistakes.
    If you was a Skins fan would you have a problem with anybody he signed so far? if so who and why?

10. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

11. Diabolical_Jet_Fan

WTF. I bet my ass that Joe would tell you, he didn't need A-Rod, Sheff, Damion, Wright and Pavano. And kept Pettitte...........

George doesn't give a shit what the coaching staff wants, he brings in the players he wants...............

12. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

Please take that baseball talk out of here because baseball bores the hell out of me.:wink:

13. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

Joe likes A-Rod. The guy did hit over 40 HRs from the right-hand side of the plate last year, while garnering MVP honors. Not to mention he left his natural position to play third in the hopes of winning a WS, bowing to the Captain.

I don't see Torre having a problem with Sheff. He wasn't exactly crying to get Damon either. He was happy about Pavano, but the guy has been a disappointment due to injury. I have no idea how he feels about Wright, but Cashman brought him in, so you can't blame George.

George bows to Cashman and Torre these days. He learned to just open his checkbook, rather than his mouth.

Please don't argue the Yankees with me. It isn't worth the effort on either of our ends. This is a Jets board.

Besides, how can so many people rip the way the Yankees conduct business, yet act like Snyder is a genius? Like I said, I don't have a problem with Snyder paying whatever he wants. He has the cash, so he should be allowed to spend it. He has a history of bringing in guys with big names, who can't improve the team. That's my problem with him.

I really don't care what Snyder does. I only care about one team in the NFL, and they wear green.

14. Rambo13

Rambo13 New Member

Bottom line. The Redskins have made some terrible moves so far. And they are just getting warmed up!

Let's review:
    Signed Antwaan Randle El - Average #2 receiver who is now making #1 receiver money. He will not thrive in Washington because all of his big plays were off trick plays, and I don't recall the Skins being a team that loves "trickeration"
    Signed Adam Archuleta - The dude has peaked and his back is so messed up that I will be amazed if he doesn't paralyze himself by the end of his career. He was taking injections before every game just so he could run around. One big hit and his contract will be a waste.
    Signed Andre Carter - This was a need signing. They need a pass rusher but is it best to sign someone who has been bouncing around from 4-3 end to 3-4 linebacker. He will certainly need some kind of transition period. And its not as if he was amazing at what he did anyways.
    Signed Christian Fauria - Third string TE on the Pats. He was so good that the Pats felt the need to draft 2 TE's in the first round while he was on the team. Give me Doug Jolley or Chris Baker any day of the week.
    Traded for Brandon Lloyd - Decent #2 receiver. More highlight reel than consistent performer. With a good QB throwing him the ball, who knows. But for a 3rd and a 4th next year? When you already don't have a 1st? They can't afford to keep trading draft picks, especially in this draft. Its ok to not have a first, but the draft is so deep in the 30-90 area that you can get a ton of young cheap players who can contribute. Plus, with the signing of Randle El, this seems a bit unnecessary.

So in my opinion, while they have made a splash on the headlines, they haven't made any good moves yet.

15. Diabolical_Jet_Fan

If you don't want to talk about the Yankees, then don't bring them up.

Because George is trying to buy a championship with a payroll that is about 55 million more than the second highest, while in the NFL, everybody has a level playing field. I give Kudos to Snyder for trying to field a winning team.

16. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

I actually called Snyder a young George Steinbrenner. You first mentioned the Yankees. But that is neither here nor there...

Where do you get that number from? For the past few years, both the Red Sox and the Mets have had salaries approaching the Yankee level. The Red Sox actually bought a WS for approximately 10M less than the Yankees' salary that year.

It doesn't matter though. Like I said, I don't have a problem with what Snyder is doing. I just think he should learn to listen to his coaches and management before signing away the farm. Otherwise, I would love to have him as my team's owner. Bob Kraft too...

17. YourMom

YourMom Member

You all honestly believe that he has signed all the players without asking his coaching staff who he pays record amounts of money to.

He brought in Griffin, Springs, Washington, Brunell, and all the others when he was bored and felt like spendin some dough...

18. Diabolical_Jet_Fan

New York Yankees $ 208,306,817
    Boston Red Sox $ 123,505,125
    New York Mets $ 101,305,821
    Los Angeles Angels $ 97,725,322
    Philadelphia Phillies $ 95,522,000
    St. Louis Cardinals $ 92,106,833
    San Francisco Giants $ 90,199,500
    Seattle Mariners $ 87,754,334
    Chicago Cubs $ 87,032,933

http://asp.usatoday.com/sports/baseball/salaries/totalpayroll.aspx?year=2005

The Sox and Mets are no where close to the YANKS............

19. Go_Eli

Go_Eli New Member

Fauria was brought in to replace Royale, not to catch big passes.

20. JimboDaMan

JimboDaMan New Member

That is correct. Fauria was brought in because he can catch the ball but is a better blocker than Robert Royal, who was let go.

All you guys crowing that the Redskins overpaid for players might be right. You weren't right about much last year when I heard the same thing, but hey, maybe this year you will be. But this man-obsession with Snyder Snyder Snyder is getting a little creepy. Do you honestly believe a Hall of Fame head coach and arguably the best (and highest-paid) offensive and defensive coordinators in the league are sitting on their thumbs while their short, dumpy, napoleanic owner ruins the team? Everyone involved with the Redskins organization has the same story - the staff selects the targets and determines the cap parameters, Snyder gets involved only to help land the target and sign the checks. I don't hear Dan Snyder's name much at all except on jealous fan forums. If you're going to criticize the Redskins player moves, at least sack up and say that Joe Gibbs, Greg Williams and Al Saunders don't know as much about football as you do.