Saquon Barkley at #6 + FA QB in 2018?

Discussion in 'Draft' started by DarrelleRevis.Human?, Jan 2, 2018.

1. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

I mean that game at Seattle, that was very impressive leading them to a game winning drive. Legion of Boom was still intact too. I really don't like any of the other FA candidates. Teddy I was a big fan of his, but IDK if he's still the same player. I would sign him to a 1 or 2 year prove it deal and draft a QB high.

JethroTull, Jets_Grinch and zace like this.
  2. PennyRoyal10

PennyRoyal10 Well-Known Member

Curtis...

FJF likes this.
  3. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

What happened to the rebuild and finally doing things the right way?

Attackett likes this.
  4. Gremlin

Gremlin Well-Known Member

I did see an article somewhere about how the 49ers could/should use the transition or non-exclusive on him.............don't see it happening though, not after his recent tear of W's.

5. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

What. The. Hell???? Now he’s like Bryce Petty?? Cmon now, I’m not even a big Cousins guy and don’t want the Jets to be in on him but I keep feeling the need to defend him after all these nonsensical comparisons.

The guy is a good QB and you’re comparing him to possibly the worst starting QB of all time?

6. All Gas No Shake

All Gas No Shake Well-Known Member

I prefer cousins and leveon

7. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

No. The committee things has not worked at all and you cannot depend on Powell for a whole season or even back to back games. Barkley is good but he's short and stocky. But the guy has put up some great numbers. All draft choices are risk. Its up to your team how much they are willing to take on a prospect.

8. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Yea but...
    Salary cap and stuff

101GangGreen101 and dawinner127 like this.
  9. All Gas No Shake

All Gas No Shake Well-Known Member

There’s cap space, and then there’s $100 mill. We’d still be in excellent cap position after those signings

On paper, we’d have one of the best offenses in the conference and it would allow us to trade down from 6

Plus, there are a handful of elite backs in this draft, imo

10. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Hes not that good. That's why the redskins won't pay him multi year. Grossly overrated

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

11. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

Barkley is going first or second, if Giants get him, he will be to Giants what Gurley is to the Rams.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  12. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

It can still work, a team should build through the draft and intelligent FA signings can complete the team.

I don't think guys are advocating $40 million guaranteed money like they did with Revis.

There should be some criteria, like youth, length of contract, injuries or lack thereof.

I believe that's one of the reason Ted Thompson is out in Green Bay, he was extreme in one direction which was building through the draft but he never completed the team with FA signings.

13. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

You can’t just draft players, you still have to supplement your own picks with experienced and talented players while they develop. Yes, in a best case scenario every draft pick would turn out to be a good player and you’d never have to sign external free agents, just re-sign your own players. That’s just not what happens, though, so you have to look externally.

14. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

NOOOOOOOO

Ya like a running back ?? go get the kid from Oklahoma.Anderson in a later round

FQB or we NEVER win a SB with retreads

Greensleeves likes this.
  15. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

Lol! Cousins=Petty2.0 this is the shit you hear only in Jet land!

16. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

Cousins will go to a win now team - Denver (hopefully), Pittsburgh (if Roethlesberger retires, which is likely), or Arizona. Barkley is not lasting past the fourth pick. Cleveland, the Giants , or Indy will take him.

The Jets need to draft a QB (Rosen, Darnold, Mayfield) with the 6th pick or move up to 3 or 4 to take one.

Greensleeves likes this.
  17. DarrelleRevis.Human?

DarrelleRevis.Human? Well-Known Member

"Player X won't last until pick Y."
    Can everyone who has mentioned this please go look at the first two rounds of the 2017 draft... We have zero clue what teams will do .

Cousins is a top 10 QB. He might be number 10 but that's still better than number 20. I dont think anyone is saying he's Aaron Rodgers, but the contingent wants to claim he's Flaco or Dalton. Look at it like this, if Brady retires this year Cousins would be by far the best QB in the division.

18. DarrelleRevis.Human?

DarrelleRevis.Human? Well-Known Member

Well, there's a few things that could've come from mailing it in at the beginning of the season.

- Players aren't able to develop or showcase skills based on gameflow and outcome of a crap team.
    (No Anderson breakout maybe now he never does, no ASJ rediscovery he just gets cut, Maye and Adams are picked apart all season setting them back in their development, Kearse never has an opportunity to prove his worth, DeMario is viewed as the same ol dude, etc.)

- Love or hate them Bowles and Mac are gone along with any continuity the team had built.

- Jim Caldwell is our new HC............

- Big Mo isn't outed as the lazy cop-out POS he is and masks it through flashes, decent efforts here and there, and the fact that the team is playing so poorly. "Its not him, its the team"

- Contending doesn't just point out player strengths and weaknesses, but a teams as well. Playing tough put this young team a year ahead of its development. By doing so knowing where to surgically invest smart FA cap space. Had we tanked from the begining you would have no idea.

19. 6-10 once again

6-10 once again Well-Known Member

McCown happened, without him we are 0-16 and well on our way to fixing our franchise instead the giants will complete a quick 1 year rebuild while we are left to wallow in the muddy swamps of MetLife

20. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

If Barkley is there at six, at least one GM in the top five should lose his job.

BomberJet and ColoradoContrails like this.