Saquon Barkley 2017 Games Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Jonathan_Vilma, Sep 23, 2017.

1. Nesquik

Nesquik Well-Known Member

David Johnson and now Kareem Hunt make it really hard for me to be OK with choosing a RB that high. Even if he seems like the BPA, i wouldn't be mad Barkley is an excellent talent i just hope we can fill that need in a different way. Maybe Elijah McGuire can show us something this year. This draft is looking good for us so far especially if u include Brandon Shell that cost us a 4th last year. 3 starters and a RB from the 5th round who has already flashed multiple times

2. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

If Rosen isn't there, how about Barkley? Coupled with one of the "lesser" QBs taken with a later pick, or if they've already filled the QB spot with a FA, would massively upgrade the offense.

Red Menace likes this.
  3. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

As I said in another post, Giants will select either Saquan or an offensive lineman. He is an explosive player that can help take the pressure off Eli or Davis Webb when he takes over the QB position.

FJF, NYJetsO12 and ColoradoContrails like this.
  4. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

I think it’s far more unlikely that Barkley will be available to Jets than one of the top QBs. Think the Giants will end up taking Barkley.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  5. ColoradoContrails

Red and Rextasy . you're both probably right, and assuming Giants finish ahead of SF, if the Giants don't take Barkley, I think the 49ers will, but strange things happen. What else is there to hope for really?

BomberJet likes this.
  6. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Barkley not making it to 6th. Bank it.

7. ColoradoContrails

Probably. The question is: Is there a way - a possible trading partner - the Jets can trade up with? I don't think so, but one can dream.

8. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Nice to see some good news ...no Darnold but after his showing tonight in Fiesta, Barkley will have every team dying to get him including our QB competitors

The Jets lose to the Pacheaters and a couple of other teams get a win we could be capable of moving into the top 5 or better on draft day

Saquan nifty, fast and shifty ...but boy we need a QB more

matt robinson 17 likes this.
  9. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Think we’re looking at OL or RB for Giants and Colts.

Whichever way Giants go, Colts go the other.

Tampa Bay may take Barkley too. Think they deactivated Doug Martin for detrimental conduct to the team this past week.

Think the good news is Barkley upped his value while the QBs (Darnold, Rosen, Jackson) downed theirs which means the Jets may be able to snipe a QB at 6.

But yeah. No trade up = no Barkley.

10. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

I wouldn’t trade up for Barkley or any running back

11. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Wow that 92 yard td run when the whole 11 men on defense are concentrating on you, he's a td waiting to happen, he reminds me of Bo Jackson

12. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

I hate making comparisons to Bo simply because he was such a short live NFL player and never a full time feature back thanks to his baseball career. He did combine elite speed and power like few others did. He was really a once in a lifetime athlete when too many over use that term.

Barkley does have the long speed to take any carry to the house and good agility to make sure he’s not often hit square on. He has the potential to be great in any offense, I could see him dominating in a WCO with a zone blocking scheme. He seems to be at his best when he can make on cut and go. He reminds me of Lesean McCoy.

13. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

He has power too, he squats 650 lbs, a smaller Earl Campbell

14. Leicester Jet

Leicester Jet Well-Known Member

I can't see any way that Barkley get past the Brown's 2nd pick - they might even take him with their first.

They have a new .GM and he wants to get that team moving

almbleamal and matt robinson 17 like this.
  15. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

They need a QB. As in, the fans will burn down the team HQ if they don't finally put someone competent there.

Only way they can get away with Barkley 1 is if they go Mayfield or Jackson at 4. Otherwise they are just continuing to spin the wheel.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

16. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

I’m not doubting he’s strong as an ox. He’s apparently one of Penn States biggest gym rats.

His game is not a power running game from what I’ve seen. He’s much more likely to try and make a tackle miss then the lower his should and run one over. Being strong does not equal power running style.

17. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

I never say never. Most thought there was no way Adams would fall to the Jets last year. If Barkley falls to the Jets it's a no brainer.

18. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

As much as we need a QB I’m really starting to sour on this class and this may be a best case scenario. Barkley plus a guy like Faulk or Stidham later may be our best bet in this draft.

19. ColoradoContrails

So the first four picks are Browns, Giants, Niners, Browns. I would conditionally trade up to the Browns 2nd pick if Barkley is still on the board after the Niners pick.

20. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

As much as I like Barkley, I think trading up would be a mistake. We lack depth everywhere and really need to hold on to our assets