Sanchez being released

Discussion in 'NCAA' started by tanknyc, Mar 22, 2014.

1. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

I love your avatar please say this is your last post here, Mark.

2. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

yep, I always knew mark would be a Jet so that is why I liked the Jets but now that he is gone I have no use for them.

3. nyjunc

I think we'd all sign up for that

soxxx likes this.
  4. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

Honestly, he wouldn't make it as a starter in the CFL. The Eagles owe their fanbase an apology.

5. hastygreen

hastygreen Well-Known Member

I thought we'd get to see the suuuuuuppperrr boowwwllll
    But the superbowlllls have all gone awayyyyyyyyyyyyyy
    It's so haaaaarrrrrdd to say goodbyeeeeee to yesterdayyyyyyyyy
    butttttfummmmbblllleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

cya Mark, best of luck in your new digs.

6. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Id cheer for Sanchez.

7. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

im glad he is gone, and cutting him is my favorite jets transaction of all time.... i wish him well elsewhere. he had some good moments, but he was a terrible terrible player and had we cut ties earlier we'd have been better off

8. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

Time will tell Junc, But I'll be surprised if he ever has even as much as a 1.5 to 1 TD to turnover ratio. and he's moving to an offense that won't tolerate the double and triple fake pump to wide open receivers.

9. NotSatoshiNakamoto

cool Eagles helmet avatar.

10. NotSatoshiNakamoto

thats because you're a moron.

RuJFan likes this.
  11. chris5533

chris5533 Well-Known Member

No? Lol

12. chris5533

Sanchez deal is worth a max of 4 mill. If he doesn't play(seems likely) his deal is worth half. Looks like the jets really made no effort to keep him. Wow

13. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

of course they made no effort to keep him. they had him under contract, signed a player to take his place, and released him. what effort were you expecting from the Jets in this scenario? they didn't want him, plain and simple, if they could get another QB which they did.

14. chris5533

At 2 million dollars and being he's only 27 I think he was worth a resign. I'm on the fence with sanchez and agree he been awful at times, I also hold the jets partially responsible for his downfall. They did him no favors. What's done is done I'm just surprised he took a 2 million dollar deal and the jets think Vick is worth 5 mill. I guess it just comes down to it being a full on circus with sanchez back.

15. nyjunc

it's a great deal for Philly, they have a great backup if Foles gets hurt or is ineffective. For mark he gets a chance to learn under a great offensive mind, rehab his reputation a bit and hit the open market day 1 next year.

16. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

The jets know what he is capable of. Unlike you and I who have seen him at for 30 minutes a game for 16 games for 4 years, they have seen him for 16 hours a day for that stretch of time. What you think he is worth is not based on anything close to the amount of knowledge that the Jets have based his valuation on.

The jets moved on from him because they know that is the best move for the team going forward regardless of how much the eagles paid him, which came after the fact that he had been released and the Jets already signed Vick.

There is no reason to sign Sanchez for even $2 million when you already have Geno and Vick.

17. nyjunc

It's an Idzik move and he doesn't know what he is capable of as he wasn't here when he succeeded.

there's no reason to sign him when we have Geno and Vick, there was a reason to sign him pre-Vick signing and it would have been better for us long term but hopefully Geno takes a big step forward and establishes himself as the future so all of this becomes meaningless.

18. chris5533

I would agree I don't know as much as anyone on the jets staff when it comes to evaluating sanchez. So I understand your point of view, my point like poster above said pre Vick signing I think 2 Million with incentives was reasonable. Vicks 34 and has been injury prone his whole career. Imo I agree with you that I think the jets just wanted to get rid of him at this point, I feel it was so there was no distractions. If by some chance Vick beats out geno, they can say he mature, nfl experience, knows the system geno will learn from him. I guess they saw no upside to taking the chance of sanchez beating him out.

19. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

If' something is bad it isn't worth it at half the price. Why resign a guy whose been horrible. Mark for Vick is a no-brainer. The Eagles did it only because they didn't want to pay Vick big time starter money. According to Newsday today they said 4 mil for Mike. If Mark reverts to what we've been seeing here the past several years he isn't going to last long with the Eagles. Chip won't tolerate mindless turnovers.

20. nyjunc

money wasn't the issue for Philly.