Sanchez being released

Discussion in 'NCAA' started by tanknyc, Mar 22, 2014.

1. tanknyc

tanknyc Active Member

I know there are a ton of threads on him being cut. Being that this will be a final time to say something before it becomes completely irrelevant . I know it's like a divided fan base as far as him being cut and moving on and also his tenure here. I really feel like they screwed Sanchez over first when it came to supporting him with an OLine and offensive weapons as well... We all know that part of the story and have talked about it countless times.

I think clear up until the end they still screwed him over with them not cutting him right away and let him find his next ride in the NFL. They dragged him along and had him thinking there might be a possibility he may stay. I know he was trying to get closer to home and maybe he could of linked up with the Raiders . The least they could of done was let him go early so he can reach out to numerous teams and have much more landing spots.

Vick is here now and I seriously hope we don't have to deal with a Tebow/Sanchez type situation all over again. The media are licking their chops waiting to pounce on us. I really don't want to see Geno Spread wide and have Mike Vick run the Wildcat, that offense is nothing but a gimmick and will get us no where. That being said. I wish Sanchez well and hope he has a great career elsewhere. 2009 & 2010 were Great Moments in Franchise History for us

FlaJet and azhar80 like this.
  2. JetD

JetD Member

3. JetD

JetD Member

Screwed him over? hardly! He made alot of money in his short time with the Jets! Maybe he didnt have alot of weapons on offense, but the fact that he turned the ball over 52 times in 2 seasons....C'mon.....wish him luck....lets move on............i see him going to Dallas maybe...Romo back surgery....wake up jerry Jones

4. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

Mark wasn't screwed over to say the least. Look, Mike Vick was cut too and he ended up taking Mark's job. And Mark will sign with someone and take another Qbs slot. The Jets gave Mark a wonderful opportunity (over 60 starts) and he played poorly. He was cut not because of what he did last season - not his fault or the Jets he got injured - and Mark like Vick proved he was a good teammate. Mark was cut because he regressed in 2011 and 2012.

NY Jets68 likes this.
  5. chris5533

chris5533 Well-Known Member

Has he made any statements yet?

6. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

7. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

8. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

9. NotSatoshiNakamoto

The Jets are trying to compete in the NFL, not make Sanchez and his fans happy. They weren't going to release him until they had a replacement because it would have left them in a bad position if they did.

The 1985er likes this.
  10. Dreadmadseen

Dreadmadseen Active Member

Maybe Idzik has learned a thing or two since free agency started.

11. tank75

tank75 Well-Known Member

a little sad to see him go. he was a part of some great jets moments and i never understood why people were so hostile toward him. part of me still wishes he could have turned it around but im happy we have geno on the roster and it is a business. its not like he hasnt made his deal of profit off the relationship so its hard to feel bad for the guy. he should catch on somewhere whether its for a chance to start or not anyway

12. NYCKNP

NYCKNP Member

The fans were hostile towards him since they preached him as the messiah in 2009 when he was unproven. When Sanchez didn't live up to expectations, majority of the fans turned on him and viewed him as the "Anti-Christ".

With that said, I'll remember the good memories of 2009 and 2010 and forget the bad memories of 2012. 2011 was so-so. I hope Mark finds success elsewhere. Hopefully this can be a lesson to the fans that we shouldn't crown anyone the messiah until they prove themselves worthy. Geno is not the messiah until he shows that he is "the guy".

13. tanknyc

tanknyc Active Member

Just bring in a ton of talent and Vet leadership on the Oline

14. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

I think he would be a good fit for the Winnipeg Blue Bombers. They play Toronto starting June 9th. He could be healed and ready to go by then.

15. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

$30 MM in cap room and no CB's ?

I don't think so.

chris5533 likes this.
  16. azhar80

azhar80 Well-Known Member

Mark was not financially screwed over.

He was screwed by the jets management by holding on to him for long during free agency period and not allowing him fair chance at moving on to a new Team. If we wanted Vick from the start, Sanchez should been released asap.

Mark was a class act, great teammate whether you like him or hate him. When you represent organization right you deserve to be treated right also.

Most of the qb free agent vacancies are fulfilled now, and teams will focus on.drafting soon, except for maybe 2 teams lol. This was a nice slap to the face and a black eye for the organization.

17. 74

74 Well-Known Member

boo hoo. We made Mark a multi millionaire.

18. NotSatoshiNakamoto

This line of thinking is ridiculous. The Jets are in the business of trying to compete in the nfl. There priority is to do whatever it takes to give them the best shot at winning, not to make Sanchez and his fans happy.

Cutting Sanchez prior to signing his replacement would have put them in a poor negotiating position and with a hole in the roster. There was never any guarantee they were going to be able to sign vick until they did.

I'm sure Sanchez gets that. Maybe one day his fans will too.

There is absolutely no "black eye" for the organization. What a fucking joke. It's not hard to spot a Sanchez fan. Just look for the posters who care more about him than the team.

19. NotSatoshiNakamoto

rex has two hand picked first round CB's to work with. He's a defensive genius. I'm sure he can figure it out.

20. azhar80

azhar80 Well-Known Member

[quoyou te="Mangolden Showers, post: 2968592, member: 18788"]boo hoo. We made Mark a multi millionaire.[/quote]

If you read the first Line in my Post it clearly states financially he didn't screw Mark, he got paid well No doubt. So there shouldn't be any crying abt that.