Sammy Watkins

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by TurkJetFan, Feb 23, 2018.

1. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Me too - Especially if Cousins comes here. Reed is about 20 lbs heavier than Enunwa but same height and athletic ability. That would be a beautiful connection

2. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

Cousins -> Watkins

Trust me.

3. Watkins would be a home run. Has he lived up to his draft billing? No. Is he a number 1 option in a passing game? Only sometimes. But I think he fits a role the Jets have a need at & if he plays within that role it'd be a great fit for all parties. He can make people miss in the open field as a ball carrier, is very good in short areas & can hurt you over the top. He'd be a great compliment to Enunwa & Kearse. Love that he's used to cold weather & has played in the division already.

I wouldn't stop there either. Allen Robinson right along w. him. They too compliment each other very well. With both of them in house I'd consider trading Robbie Anderson for a pick or in a "my problem for your problem" scenario with someone like Marcus Peters. KC is always in need of another deep threat..just sayin.

4. tubby

tubby Active Member

KC just traded Peters to the Rams.

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  5. abc

abc Well-Known Member

I don't want any part of him... If an Offensive minded HC who was just voted coach of year & who has first hand knowledge of his ability isn't interested in retaining his "non"services then neither am I... that is all.

#25 abc, Feb 23, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2018
  6. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

Meh, I think Watkins is a bit over rated. I might just be bitter because I had him on my fantasy team the last 2 years and he was either feast or famine the entire time (mostly famine), never really consistent.

7. Jetsruby

Jetsruby Well-Known Member

There's no way the Jaguars are letting Robinson walk free. If he did, however, there's no doubt we should make a run.

abc likes this.
  8. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

They want to lock him up long term but are debating whether to franchise him or Jaylen Ramsey. One will be tagged while so they can focus on getting a deal done with the other. Ramsey likely has more value on the open market so it makes sense to tag him.

9. TurkJetFan

Not that simple. It’s a matter of cap vs Robert woods emerging last year. Doesn’t mean he doesn’t want him, it means they are managing their cap.

10. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I don't know if Watkins is the right guy, but we definitely need to upgrade the receiving corps, although that's lower in priority than QB, OL, Pass Rusher, RB, CB, IMO.

TonyFtLaud likes this.
  11. Dan T

Dan T New Member

IMO Sammy Watkins would need to be given a short term prove it deal, not entirely different than what we gave Mo Claiborne last year. Worked out really well for us with him, young guys with the ability to play at a high level that have had string of injuries. 1-2 year deal wouldn't be crazy...

12. TurkJetFan

If he hits free agency it’s totally possible he gets the Alshon offer 1 year deal. I don’t think anyone is going to give him a mega deal right now.

13. MJK

MJK Well-Known Member

Percy Harvin 2.0

14. Pepsiguy5

Pepsiguy5 Well-Known Member

I still think the Jets could use 1 more WR and my preference would be for a big physical guy which Watkins kind of is. I've always kind of liked him so I wouldn't mind if they picked him up.

I also know it would burn a draft pick and wideouts take time to develop but I also kind of like the look of Marcel Ateman from Oklahoma.

I kind of dream of an offseason where Kirk Cousins agrees to sign with the Jets, we draft Quenton Nelson with our #6 pick, best RB available with our 2nd round pick, WR Ateman with our other 2nd round pick, and go score some freaking points. If you get lucky and that unit all gels together I would imagine our offense would be pretty darn good in 018 and basically ready for a deep playoff run in 019.

15. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Not a bad plan. At least we'd be focusing on offense for once, which is kind of important in an offense-driven league.

Pepsiguy5 likes this.
  16. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

As long as we land a center in free agency , it's a great start

17. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

Another case of unrealized potential for whatever the reasons may be. Only take a cheap flier on this guy, otherwise pass.

18. AJT73

AJT73 Well-Known Member

Key word cheap. If not cheap no thank you. We need to spend in other areas. Do we need a number 1 receiver for sure but Watkins isn't who we need.

He's a Tannebaum type guy. Has all the measurables etc but when it comes to gameday he doesn't appear. Big Name that's about it. Tannebaum loved guys like that. Numbers and name. One of the many reasons we are where we are.

JetsNation06 likes this.
  19. Bills over Jets

Bills over Jets Jets over Bills

He has literally never done that.

20. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

It would be difficult to carry Enunwa, Smith and Watkins on the same roster. We'd need to invest in some more warm-up bikes for the Chris Ivory Rehabilitation Room.